IndiaDivine.org

Namsthe- Markata and Marjara Nyayam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear all,

There are several Nyaayaas. Two of them are Markata and Maarjaara nyaayas. I tried to build up a story around the idea to high light the importance of complete surrender. I do not know whether my elaboration made it clearer or made it more confusing. Anyway, please forgive me for the uddeshashudhi or good intention.

Regards and prayers

savitri

Markata and Marjara Nyayam or

Monkey Technique and Cat Technique

A father and his daughter were crossing a small bridge. Just about 50 feet away, a mother monkey and her small baby also was crossing another side of the river by trying to jump from a tree on this bank to a tree on the other bank.

The father said, " My darling, you hold my hand just like the baby monkey is holding firmly to the stomach of the mother with both hands. Walk slowly so that you do not fall into the river. "

By the time, they got ready to cross, monkey had jumped and the baby monkey could not handle the impact of jumping and could not hold on to it's mother's stomach and fell into the water. The small hands of the baby had to let go the strong muscles of the mother.

Immediately father said, " My girl, look what happened to the baby monkey. That is not the way to hold. "

Suddenly they heard a cat's " meow " and when they looked around, they saw a cat and a kitten. The mother cat was holding the baby cat gently but firmly with it's mouth and coming to cross the same bridge. Father and daughter gave way to them and both the cat and the kitten crossed the bridge with out any accident. Even though, the kitten was scared and was wriggling with fear, mother cat did hold the kitten firmly until they reached safe to the other side.

Father and daughter watched this and decided to change the way they held each other. Father firmly held the little hands of daughter and walked carefully. Even though the girl fidgeted a little bit because of the fear, he firmly held her hands until they crossed the bridge safely.Then father told her that it is always better for the stronger person to take care of the weaker person so that during a crisis, chance of survival was better.

After several years, the girl grew up to be a young woman, got married, and was about to leave her home with her husband. Then the father reminded her about this incident and added these words of wisdom:

In life also we should follow the Cat Technique and not Monkey Technique. We should surrender ourselves in the hands of God and God will hold us firmly and will help us to cross this ocean of life with rising and falling waves. Do not be like a monkey and child. Do not try to hold his hand for help whenever you want. You may feel tired or sometimes too confident and proud of your own capabilities and let His hands go from yours. The result will be your falling into the dark depths of the ocean of life. Instead, let Him hold your hands and you walk towards your goal as He directs. You will successfully cross this ocean and reach wherever you want. No matter what happens, He will never let your hand go.

If we let Him hold our hands, He will take care of our Yogakshaemam or welfare. He has said that in Bhagavad Geetha:

Ananyashchintayanto mam

ye janah paryupasate

tesham nityabhiyuktanam

yogakshemam vahamyaham

Guest guest

Savitriji

It is really nice one.

Regards,

Sreejith

" Om Aim Klim saum: Hrem Bhadrakalia: Namah: "

--- On Thu, 24/4/08, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram wrote:

Savitri Puram <savitriopuram[Guruvayur] Namsthe- Markata and Marjara NyayamThursday, 24 April, 2008, 4:04 PM

Dear all,

There are several Nyaayaas. Two of them are Markata and Maarjaara nyaayas. I tried to build up a story around the idea to high light the importance of complete surrender. I do not know whether my elaboration made it clearer or made it more confusing. Anyway, please forgive me for the uddeshashudhi or good intention.

Regards and prayers

savitri

Markata and Marjara Nyayam or

Monkey Technique and Cat Technique

A father and his daughter were crossing a small bridge. Just about 50 feet away, a mother monkey and her small baby also was crossing another side of the river by trying to jump from a tree on this bank to a tree on the other bank.

The father said, "My darling, you hold my hand just like the baby monkey is holding firmly to the stomach of the mother with both hands. Walk slowly so that you do not fall into the river."

By the time, they got ready to cross, monkey had jumped and the baby monkey could not handle the impact of jumping and could not hold on to it's mother's stomach and fell into the water. The small hands of the baby had to let go the strong muscles of the mother.

Immediately father said, "My girl, look what happened to the baby monkey. That is not the way to hold."

Suddenly they heard a cat's "meow" and when they looked around, they saw a cat and a kitten. The mother cat was holding the baby cat gently but firmly with it's mouth and coming to cross the same bridge. Father and daughter gave way to them and both the cat and the kitten crossed the bridge with out any accident. Even though, the kitten was scared and was wriggling with fear, mother cat did hold the kitten firmly until they reached safe to the other side..

Father and daughter watched this and decided to change the way they held each other. Father firmly held the little hands of daughter and walked carefully. Even though the girl fidgeted a little bit because of the fear, he firmly held her hands until they crossed the bridge safely.Then father told her that it is always better for the stronger person to take care of the weaker person so that during a crisis, chance of survival was better.

After several years, the girl grew up to be a young woman, got married, and was about to leave her home with her husband. Then the father reminded her about this incident and added these words of wisdom:

In life also we should follow the Cat Technique and not Monkey Technique. We should surrender ourselves in the hands of God and God will hold us firmly and will help us to cross this ocean of life with rising and falling waves. Do not be like a monkey and child. Do not try to hold his hand for help whenever you want. You may feel tired or sometimes too confident and proud of your own capabilities and let His hands go from yours. The result will be your falling into the dark depths of the ocean of life. Instead, let Him hold your hands and you walk towards your goal as He directs. You will successfully cross this ocean and reach wherever you want. No matter what happens, He will never let your hand go.

If we let Him hold our hands, He will take care of our Yogakshaemam or welfare. He has said that in Bhagavad Geetha:

Ananyashchintayanto mam

ye janah paryupasate

tesham nityabhiyuktanam

yogakshemam vahamyaham

Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now