IndiaDivine.org

Action item - A SECOND request.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya.Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya.Dear members,I would like to once again reiterate Sunilji's appeal here to keep the focus of this group on Bhakti and Guruvayurappan related stories/slokas/poems alone. Anything that fosters and strengthens bhakti in our hearts should be our focus. So before you send out an email to the group, pl. ask yourself, if your mail is going to serve that goal.For long time members (in case you have forgotten) and for new members who may not know, a bit of history and then a request -Shri Sunil Menon started this group about 3 1/2years ago in memory of his late mother, who was an ardent Guruvayurappan bhakta. The goal, as he then put it, and he even now states, is to bring people who are Guruvayurappan bhaktas together and provide a spiritual forum through which bhaktas could exchange mails that talk about the virtues of bhakti and talk about Bhagwan's leelas, so that with Him in our hearts we could grow

to be better human beings and make full use of this manava janma.Now here is the problem - because Sunilji does not wish to hurt anyone and likes everyone to self-regulate/self-moderate, there are mails that get through that focuses on things that we, members of this group, need no tutorials in. Regarding all the mails on Hinduism and our great culture - here are some facts -Hinduism is the best (we agree); Hinduism is the oldest (agreed); Hinduism has been very often assaulted (agreed); others always throw mud at Hinduism (totally agreed). Now the question is if we are all agreed on this aspect, then mails that ask people to wake up to Hinduism's glories should probably be directed towards people who need that knock, but definitely NOT to this group.If you are like me, then one of the first things you do after your morning prayers, and before you eat breakfast, is check your guruvayur emails to see what new sloka or prayer or inspiring story or

devotional song some member has sent out. And going by the response to Sunilji's appeal our learned and devoted and especially older members have expressed a desire that we should all focus on these lines instead of wasting our energies on things that are not the primary focus of this group.So the request:- if we are truly Guruvayurappan bhaktas, lets honor the group request, lets honor the group owner's request and focus on bhakti.On a more personal note, I would also request our devoted Guruvayurappan bhaktas to remember me in your prayers. I need to focus on finishing up my dissertation and getting my PhD in the next 2-3 months. I need all your blessings and goodwill. For the same reason, I will not be moderating this list during this time. If any of you is interested in helping Sunilji in this job, please email him off the list.With regards and prayers.Veena.Sunil Menon <menon_sunil

wrote: A new Guruvayoorappan temple in NJ, real meaning of "Om Namo Narayanaya":, a beautiful Bhakthi experience of a true devotee! Reading all these good emails reminds me of requesting all of you to participate and promote ONLY constructive GOODNESS than HATRED in this pious Guruvayur group. Please, please refrain from blaming other religions, their scriptures and non-Hindu gods in this forum or for troubles in Hinduism. Blaming anyone will not solve anything at home. When there are many large groups meant for promoting other issues, then

why use our forum - meant only for Guruvayoorappan and Bhakthi - for such subjects? Being good, constructive and by teaching the essence of Vedic philosophies can win people and show the world what Hinduism is all about. So, let us do just that..Use this forum to bring goodness and positive change in people. Together we all can do great things; LET US DO wonderful and constructive things like- - let us build more temples around the world, - let us participate in Yagnas like Koti Naama Archana for the betterment of Guruvayur temple matters and to obtain Guruvayoorappan's blessings for all of us. - let us help the needy people in our own community, - let us arrange sapthahams and satsung of members and like minded devotees, - let us organize group prayers for our members well being, - and let us acquire more spiritual knowledge from scholars or by reading and

sharing about Vedas, scriptures and our puranas. - last but not least - - let us maintain and keep our temples (and homes) clean and well organized. Please understand that this is a humble request from all of us - Chandraji, Veenaji and myself- moderators of this group - who needs to spent considerable amount of time debating whether to approve or not certain emails. So, please please be considerate and thanks a million to all of you for your unconditional support and understanding. Why waste our time in spreading hatred about other religions when we have so many good things to do? And doing good can bring amazing changes to the world around you. May God Belss you. Om Namo Narayanaya: Sunil. Om Namo Narayanaya.Group website: http://www.guruvayoor.com/Monthly magazine: www.guruvayoor.com/navaneetham

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Dear Veenaji,

In perfect agreement with you!

Wish you successful completion of your dissertation. You may already

know Vidyaa Gopaalam. In case, you do not know, here is a prayer to

finish everything with out any problems:

Krishna! Krishna! Hare Krishna!

Sarvanja! thwam praseeda mae

Rama (not Raama, Rama's or Mahalakshni's) Ramana! Viswesha!

Vidyamaashu prayaccha mae!

I do not know who wrote or any details. I learnt this from my mother

when I was in school. As per the 24 names, " for the success of what

ever we do, Sarvakaaryeshu sarvadaa ,(in all our everyday activities)

pray Him as Maadhava " . So after saying this prayer Om Maadhavaaya

nama: may be the most appropriate naamam. That is just my conclusion.

Do not take it seriously.

May Guruvayurappan's and Sarswathi's waves of blessings emerge in your

mind like the waves of ocean!

I am willing to help Sunil in any way I can.

Regards and prayers

Savitri

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 11:56 PM, Veena A. Nair <veeus18 wrote:

>

>

>

>

> Om Namo Narayanaya.

> Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya.

>

> Dear members,

> I would like to once again reiterate Sunilji's appeal here to keep the focus

> of this group on Bhakti and Guruvayurappan related stories/slokas/poems

> alone. Anything that fosters and strengthens bhakti in our hearts should be

> our focus. So before you send out an email to the group, pl. ask yourself,

> if your mail is going to serve that goal.

> For long time members (in case you have forgotten) and for new members who

> may not know, a bit of history and then a request -

> Shri Sunil Menon started this group about 3 1/2years ago in memory of his

> late mother, who was an ardent Guruvayurappan bhakta. The goal, as he then

> put it, and he even now states, is to bring people who are Guruvayurappan

> bhaktas together and provide a spiritual forum through which bhaktas could

> exchange mails that talk about the virtues of bhakti and talk about

> Bhagwan's leelas, so that with Him in our hearts we could grow to be better

> human beings and make full use of this manava janma.

>

> Now here is the problem - because Sunilji does not wish to hurt anyone and

> likes everyone to self-regulate/self-moderate, there are mails that get

> through that focuses on things that we, members of this group, need no

> tutorials in. Regarding all the mails on Hinduism and our great culture -

> here are some facts -

> Hinduism is the best (we agree); Hinduism is the oldest (agreed); Hinduism

> has been very often assaulted (agreed); others always throw mud at Hinduism

> (totally agreed). Now the question is if we are all agreed on this aspect,

> then mails that ask people to wake up to Hinduism's glories should probably

> be directed towards people who need that knock, but definitely NOT to this

> group.

>

> If you are like me, then one of the first things you do after your morning

> prayers, and before you eat breakfast, is check your guruvayur emails to see

> what new sloka or prayer or inspiring story or devotional song some member

> has sent out. And going by the response to Sunilji's appeal our learned and

> devoted and especially older members have expressed a desire that we should

> all focus on these lines instead of wasting our energies on things that are

> not the primary focus of this group.

>

> So the request:- if we are truly Guruvayurappan bhaktas, lets honor the

> group request, lets honor the group owner's request and focus on bhakti.

>

> On a more personal note, I would also request our devoted Guruvayurappan

> bhaktas to remember me in your prayers. I need to focus on finishing up my

> dissertation and getting my PhD in the next 2-3 months. I need all your

> blessings and goodwill. For the same reason, I will not be moderating this

> list during this time. If any of you is interested in helping Sunilji in

> this job, please email him off the list.

>

> With regards and prayers.

> Veena.

>

> Sunil Menon <menon_sunil wrote:

>

> A new Guruvayoorappan temple in NJ, real meaning of " Om Namo Narayanaya " :, a

> beautiful Bhakthi experience of a true devotee!

>

> Reading all these good emails reminds me of requesting all of you to

> participate and promote ONLY constructive GOODNESS than HATRED in this pious

> Guruvayur group.

>

> Please, please refrain from blaming other religions, their scriptures and

> non-Hindu gods in this forum or for troubles in Hinduism. Blaming anyone

> will not solve anything at home.

>

> When there are many large groups meant for promoting other issues, then why

> use our forum - meant only for Guruvayoorappan and Bhakthi - for such

> subjects?

>

> Being good, constructive and by teaching the essence of Vedic philosophies

> can win people and show the world what Hinduism is all about.

>

> So, let us do just that..Use this forum to bring goodness and positive

> change in people.

>

> Together we all can do great things; LET US DO wonderful and

> constructive things like-

>

> - let us build more temples around the world,

>

> - let us participate in Yagnas like Koti Naama Archana for the

> betterment of Guruvayur temple matters and to obtain Guruvayoorappan's

> blessings for all of us.

>

> - let us help the needy people in our own community,

>

> - let us arrange sapthahams and satsung of members and like minded

> devotees,

>

> - let us organize group prayers for our members well being,

>

> - and let us acquire more spiritual knowledge from scholars or by

> reading and sharing about Vedas, scriptures and our puranas.

>

> - last but not least - - let us maintain and keep our temples (and

> homes) clean and well organized.

>

> Please understand that this is a humble request from all of us - Chandraji,

> Veenaji and myself- moderators of this group - who needs to spent

> considerable amount of time debating whether to approve or not certain

> emails.

>

> So, please please be considerate and thanks a million to all of you for your

> unconditional support and understanding.

>

> Why waste our time in spreading hatred about other religions when we have so

> many good things to do?

>

> And doing good can bring amazing changes to the world around you.

>

> May God Belss you.

> Om Namo Narayanaya:

> Sunil.

>

>

>

> Om Namo Narayanaya.

> Group website: http://www.guruvayoor.com/

> Monthly magazine: www.guruvayoor.com/navaneetham

>

> ________________________________

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it

> now.

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya

Dear Veena

Being an ardent devotee, Guruvayoorappan will not desert you in your dissertation for your PhD program. Do what you have to do and HE will hold you in HIS safe hands to cross the bridge. I am sure, you will come out with flying colors with HIS blessings for that I also pray for you and your success.

Please do not bother too much about our Guruvayoor Group. HE will guide us all safely.

Om Namo Narayanaya

Chandrasekharan

Veena A. Nair <veeus18guruvayur Sent: Friday, April 25, 2008 11:56:22 PMRe: [Guruvayur] Action item - A SECOND request.

Om Namo Narayanaya.Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya.Dear members,I would like to once again reiterate Sunilji's appeal here to keep the focus of this group on Bhakti and Guruvayurappan related stories/slokas/ poems alone. Anything that fosters and strengthens bhakti in our hearts should be our focus. So before you send out an email to the group, pl. ask yourself, if your mail is going to serve that goal.For long time members (in case you have forgotten) and for new members who may not know, a bit of history and then a request -Shri Sunil Menon started this group about 3 1/2years ago in memory of his late mother, who was an ardent Guruvayurappan bhakta. The goal, as he then put it, and he even now states, is to bring people who are Guruvayurappan bhaktas together and provide a spiritual forum through which bhaktas could exchange mails that talk about the virtues of bhakti and talk about Bhagwan's leelas, so that with Him in

our hearts we could grow to be better human beings and make full use of this manava janma.Now here is the problem - because Sunilji does not wish to hurt anyone and likes everyone to self-regulate/ self-moderate, there are mails that get through that focuses on things that we, members of this group, need no tutorials in. Regarding all the mails on Hinduism and our great culture - here are some facts -Hinduism is the best (we agree); Hinduism is the oldest (agreed); Hinduism has been very often assaulted (agreed); others always throw mud at Hinduism (totally agreed). Now the question is if we are all agreed on this aspect, then mails that ask people to wake up to Hinduism's glories should probably be directed towards people who need that knock, but definitely NOT to this group.If you are like me, then one of the first things you do after your morning prayers, and before you eat breakfast, is check your guruvayur emails to see what new

sloka or prayer or inspiring story or devotional song some member has sent out. And going by the response to Sunilji's appeal our learned and devoted and especially older members have expressed a desire that we should all focus on these lines instead of wasting our energies on things that are not the primary focus of this group.So the request:- if we are truly Guruvayurappan bhaktas, lets honor the group request, lets honor the group owner's request and focus on bhakti.On a more personal note, I would also request our devoted Guruvayurappan bhaktas to remember me in your prayers. I need to focus on finishing up my dissertation and getting my PhD in the next 2-3 months. I need all your blessings and goodwill. For the same reason, I will not be moderating this list during this time. If any of you is interested in helping Sunilji in this job, please email him off the list.With regards and prayers.Veena.Sunil

Menon <menon_sunil@ > wrote:

A new Guruvayoorappan temple in NJ, real meaning of "Om Namo Narayanaya": , a beautiful Bhakthi experience of a true devotee!Reading all these good emails reminds me of requesting all of you to participate and promote ONLY constructive GOODNESS than HATRED in this pious Guruvayur group. Please, please refrain from blaming other religions, their scriptures and non-Hindu gods in this forum or for troubles in Hinduism. Blaming anyone will not solve anything at home. When there are many large groups meant for promoting other issues, then why use our forum - meant only for Guruvayoorappan and Bhakthi - for such subjects? Being good, constructive and by teaching the essence of Vedic philosophies can win people and show the world what Hinduism is all about. So, let us do just that..Use this forum to bring goodness and positive change in people.Together we all can do great things; LET US DO wonderful

andconstructive things like- - let us build more temples around the world, - let us participate in Yagnas like Koti Naama Archana for thebetterment of Guruvayur temple matters and to obtain Guruvayoorappan' sblessings for all of us. - let us help the needy people in our own community, - let us arrange sapthahams and satsung of members and like mindeddevotees, - let us organize group prayers for our members well being, - and let us acquire more spiritual knowledge from scholars or byreading and sharing about Vedas, scriptures and our puranas.- last but not least - - let us maintain and keep our temples (andhomes) clean and well organized.Please understand that this is a humble request from all of us - Chandraji, Veenaji and myself- moderators of this group - who needs to spent considerable amount of time debating whether to approve or not certain emails. So,

please please be considerate and thanks a million to all of you for your unconditional support and understanding.Why waste our time in spreading hatred about other religions when we have so many good things to do? And doing good can bring amazing changes to the world around you.May God Belss you.Om Namo Narayanaya:Sunil.Om Namo Narayanaya.Group website: http://www.guruvayo or.com/Monthly magazine: www.guruvayoor. com/navaneetham

Guest guest

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA May GOD bless you for the successful completion of your Ph.D work. I am sure that with the blessings of Unnikannan you would come out with flying colours. OM NAMO NARAYANAYA Sreevidya "Veena A. Nair" <veeus18 wrote: Om Namo Narayanaya.Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya.Dear members,I would like to once again reiterate Sunilji's appeal here to keep the focus of

this group on Bhakti and Guruvayurappan related stories/slokas/poems alone. Anything that fosters and strengthens bhakti in our hearts should be our focus. So before you send out an email to the group, pl. ask yourself, if your mail is going to serve that goal.For long time members (in case you have forgotten) and for new members who may not know, a bit of history and then a request -Shri Sunil Menon started this group about 3 1/2years ago in memory of his late mother, who was an ardent Guruvayurappan bhakta. The goal, as he then put it, and he even now states, is to bring people who are Guruvayurappan bhaktas together and provide a spiritual forum through which bhaktas could exchange mails that talk about the virtues of bhakti and talk about Bhagwan's leelas, so that with Him in our hearts we could grow to be better human beings and make full use of this manava janma.Now here is the problem - because Sunilji does not wish to hurt anyone and

likes everyone to self-regulate/self-moderate, there are mails that get through that focuses on things that we, members of this group, need no tutorials in. Regarding all the mails on Hinduism and our great culture - here are some facts -Hinduism is the best (we agree); Hinduism is the oldest (agreed); Hinduism has been very often assaulted (agreed); others always throw mud at Hinduism (totally agreed). Now the question is if we are all agreed on this aspect, then mails that ask people to wake up to Hinduism's glories should probably be directed towards people who need that knock, but definitely NOT to this group.If you are like me, then one of the first things you do after your morning prayers, and before you eat breakfast, is check your guruvayur emails to see what new sloka or prayer or inspiring story or devotional song some member has sent out. And going by the response to Sunilji's appeal our learned and devoted and especially older members have

expressed a desire that we should all focus on these lines instead of wasting our energies on things that are not the primary focus of this group.So the request:- if we are truly Guruvayurappan bhaktas, lets honor the group request, lets honor the group owner's request and focus on bhakti.On a more personal note, I would also request our devoted Guruvayurappan bhaktas to remember me in your prayers. I need to focus on finishing up my dissertation and getting my PhD in the next 2-3 months. I need all your blessings and goodwill. For the same reason, I will not be moderating this list during this time. If any of you is interested in helping Sunilji in this job, please email him off the list.With regards and prayers.Veena.Sunil Menon <menon_sunil > wrote: A new Guruvayoorappan temple in NJ, real meaning

of "Om Namo Narayanaya":, a beautiful Bhakthi experience of a true devotee!Reading all these good emails reminds me of requesting all of you to participate and promote ONLY constructive GOODNESS than HATRED in this pious Guruvayur group. Please, please refrain from blaming other religions, their scriptures and non-Hindu gods in this forum or for troubles in Hinduism. Blaming anyone will not solve anything at home. When there are many large groups meant for promoting other issues, then why use our forum - meant only for Guruvayoorappan and Bhakthi - for such subjects? Being good, constructive and by teaching the essence of Vedic philosophies can win people and show the world what Hinduism is all about. So, let us do just that..Use this forum to bring goodness and positive change in people.Together we all can do great things; LET US DO wonderful andconstructive things like- - let us build more temples around

the world, - let us participate in Yagnas like Koti Naama Archana for thebetterment of Guruvayur temple matters and to obtain Guruvayoorappan'sblessings for all of us. - let us help the needy people in our own community, - let us arrange sapthahams and satsung of members and like mindeddevotees, - let us organize group prayers for our members well being, - and let us acquire more spiritual knowledge from scholars or byreading and sharing about Vedas, scriptures and our puranas.- last but not least - - let us maintain and keep our temples (andhomes) clean and well organized.Please understand that this is a humble request from all of us - Chandraji, Veenaji and myself- moderators of this group - who needs to spent considerable amount of time debating whether to approve or not certain emails. So, please please be considerate and thanks a million to all of you for your unconditional

support and understanding.Why waste our time in spreading hatred about other religions when we have so many good things to do? And doing good can bring amazing changes to the world around you.May God Belss you.Om Namo Narayanaya:Sunil.Om Namo Narayanaya.Group website: http://www.guruvayoor.com/Monthly magazine: www.guruvayoor.com/navaneetham Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Dear Veenaji,

all the very best to you. May Guruvayoorappan bless you.

Jai Sree Krishna

Seema--- On Mon, 4/28/08, Saroja Ramanujam <sarojram18 wrote:

Saroja Ramanujam <sarojram18Re: [Guruvayur] Action item - A SECOND request.guruvayur Date: Monday, April 28, 2008, 8:29 AM

Dear Veena ,

Best wishes for he success in your dissertation

saroja ramanujam

Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit.

www.freewebs. com/asrama3