IndiaDivine.org

Houston Guruvayoorappan Temple - Bhoomi Pooja

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya

I am glad to inform our group members that I was fortunate to attend the Bhoomi Pooja for a Guruvayoorappan temple in Houston today, 27 April 2008. Bhoomi pooja was performed by Shri Parameswaran Nampoothiri from Meenakshi Temple, Houston. When I woke up early morning I was not sure that I will be able to participate. But HE provided me an opportunity to be there for the auspicious moment. The pooja started with Shanku naadam. While the pooja was being performed all those present chanted "Om Namo Narayanaya" and that "special vibration" cleared the dark cloud and the potential rain that could have marred the ceremony. That was HIS blessings. The pooja ended with a chenda meLam, performed by local members of KHS (Kerala Hindu Society) which was enjoyable. Unlike the Bhoomi Pooja for Guruvayoorappan Temple at NJ this was in a small scale but I liked the sincerety of the special committee members

(mostly from KHS Houston) who organized it. They have acquired the land measuring 4.5 acres and hope to start the construction soon and complete it within 18 months to 2 years. They will need more help and HIS blessings to complete this project as planned.

One member from the organizing committee told me that to participate in the Bhoomi Pooja for the construction of a temple is a blessing not only for the individual but for 23 generations of the past and future !!!. I am not sure of that but I felt that I was blessed while standing in front of the venue as the pooja was performed.

Om Namo Narayanaya

Chandrasekharan Menon

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya Dear Chandra Menonji, CONGRATULATIONS!!! To both yourself and members of the Kerala Hindu Society. Thank you for letting us all know that you were able to attend this Bhoomi Pooja for the construction of the Guruvayoorappan Temple in

Houston. Good to know one person from our forum was able to attend this ceremony. Narayana Narayana Narayana Pravin Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote: Om Namo Narayanaya I am glad to inform our group members that I was fortunate to attend the Bhoomi Pooja for a Guruvayoorappan temple in Houston today, 27 April 2008. Bhoomi pooja was performed by Shri Parameswaran Nampoothiri from Meenakshi Temple, Houston. When I woke up early morning I was not sure that I will be able to participate. But HE provided me an opportunity to be there for the auspicious moment. The pooja started with Shanku naadam. While the pooja was being performed all those present chanted "Om Namo Narayanaya" and that "special vibration" cleared the dark cloud and the potential rain that could have marred the ceremony. That was HIS blessings. The pooja ended with a chenda meLam, performed by local members of KHS (Kerala Hindu Society) which was enjoyable. Unlike the Bhoomi Pooja for Guruvayoorappan Temple at NJ this was in a small

scale but I liked the sincerety of the special committee members (mostly from KHS Houston) who organized it. They have acquired the land measuring 4.5 acres and hope to start the construction soon and complete it within 18 months to 2 years. They will need more help and HIS blessings to complete this project as planned. One member from the organizing committee told me that to participate in the Bhoomi Pooja for the construction of a temple is a blessing not only for the individual but for 23 generations of the past and future !!!. I am not sure of that but I felt that I was blessed while standing in front of the venue as the pooja was performed. Om Namo Narayanaya Chandrasekharan Menon

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Dear CMji,

Radhe Krishna!

Very glad to know that our favourite Lord Guruvayoorappan's temples are

coming up in many places, even outside our country, especially in the

U.S. You are, indeed, immensely fortunate to have participated in the

function, and 47 generations have received the divine blessings of the

Lord (23 past, 1 present and 23 future!)

You must be living very near to Houston, Texas, is it? Houston is

the HQs of the Texas Instruments company for which my son Mohan is

working, and he is visiting the HQs sometime middle of next month. I

dont know how big is the city of Houston and how are the distances

there, and how busy he will be there. Mohan is GM Business

Development for TI in India. I shall ask him to talk to you, if not

get time to visit you.

Love

KVG.

Chandra Menon wrote:

Om Namo Narayanaya

I am glad to inform our group members that I was fortunate to

attend the Bhoomi Pooja for a Guruvayoorappan temple in Houston today,

27 April 2008. Bhoomi pooja was performed by Shri Parameswaran

Nampoothiri from Meenakshi Temple, Houston. When I woke up early

morning I was not sure that I will be able to participate. But HE

provided me an opportunity to be there for the auspicious moment. The

pooja started with Shanku naadam. While the pooja was being

performed all those present chanted "Om Namo Narayanaya" and that

"special vibration" cleared the dark cloud and the potential rain that

could have marred the ceremony. That was HIS blessings. The pooja ended

with a chenda meLam, performed by local members of KHS (Kerala Hindu

Society) which was enjoyable. Unlike the Bhoomi Pooja for

Guruvayoorappan Temple at NJ this was in a small scale but I liked the

sincerety of the special committee members (mostly from KHS Houston)

who organized it. They have acquired the land measuring 4.5

acres and hope to start the construction soon and complete it within 18

months to 2 years. They will need more help and HIS blessings to

complete this project as planned.

One member from the organizing committee told me that to

participate in the Bhoomi Pooja for the construction of a temple is a

blessing not only for the individual but for 23 generations of the past

and future !!!. I am not sure of that but I felt that I was blessed

while standing in front of the venue as the pooja was performed.

Om Namo Narayanaya

Chandrasekharan Menon