IndiaDivine.org

Lord - the Caretaker !!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Krishna !!It is one of the busiest days me and my husband along with our daughter were travelling from Ernakulam to Guruvayoor after our day's work in Ernakulam. As my sister in law is staying in Ernakulam, we had dinner in their house and started by car probably at 11.30 pm to reach Guruvayoor for Nirmalaya Darshanam. My husband was driving the car probably 110-120 or so. The road we took as via Kodungallur and the road was empty also. Suddenly a person wearing all black or dark colour dress tried to cross the road and my husband had not seen him. But the time i realised also, there was hardly any time to take a diversion. However I screamed sitting in the car, there is somebody and no sooner he heard it, he took a diversion and we had been successful in moving ahead without hitting him. This was the first instance during that trip when God saved us.

After reaching Guruvayoor, we had hardly any time to sleep. We went to a Lodging where my husband after parking the car got out of the car last. Suddenly a person approached us asking as to what had happened. We narrated the story. He said don't worry at all and that he has come to Guruvayoor for offering a baby elephant to the Lord and that all his invitees would be reaching in Guruvayoor by morning, i.e. about 36 cars will be coming etc. However we were perturbed as by morning next day, we had to reach one of he Hotels where we had an official meeting. Seeing us so disturbed, he too tried to open the glass windows and all were so well closed that he could not open. He said, after hearing about our itinary, let us try once again and to our dismay, the window where i was sitting did open. We were so happy as all the bags were in the car itself. However we thanked him and went alongwith him to see the baby elephant.

We quickly had bath and had very nice darshan. After darshan, we had our breakfast and as there was no time to take rest, straightaway drove towards Coimbatore. There was music in the car and listening to the devotional music and as we were all damn tired, i, sitting in the front seat next to my husband started dozzing, as we reached Kuttipuram. My daughter was already sleeping in the back seat. Probably, seeing my dozzing, my husband also felt sleepy. Suddenly when i got up and saw, he was driving while sleeping and the car was going towards a vent which is about 5 to 6 feet deep. But the time i made him aware of the situation, the car went and fell into the vent. THANK GOD ! nothing had happened to us except that slight bleeding from my husband's nose as he hit his face on the steering, I had some minor injuries. My daughter was scared after the incident and the car could not be removed from there immediately and we called our cousin on phone who stays in Pasttambi. He had to get the crane for taking the car out and it took about 25 days for us to get the car back after the repairs. The damage was so much that my bill was about Rs. 85000/- The amazing thing is that inspite of such a damage to the car, we were all safe. We had to cancel our official program in Coimbatore and came back to Bangalore by train.

Then we realised as to why Guruvayoorappan was trying to detain us at Guruvayoor by hiding our car key in the car itself and made us to lock it !Om Namo Bhagavathe Vaasudevaya !

-- Best regardsJayasree MenonBangalore