IndiaDivine.org

Deepasthambam replacement is not justified.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hari OM!

Dear Nara Narayanas,

The lamppole (Deepasthambham) near the East gate of the Guruvayoor temple is getting ready for its 100th year celebrations.

The Deepastambam is 24 feet in height and has thirteen circular receptacles to hold the wicks was donated by Madras Highcourt Judge Chettor Sankaran Nair in the remembrance of his father. This offering was done as a vazhipadu on Malayalam year 1084 , Chingam 1 and in the coming Chingam it will complete 100 years.

Now the Devaswom controlled by the Present Govt. in Kerala has started the dirty move to remove this lamppost which is working fine and maintaining the same quality and look and feel even after 100 years.

Their plan is to sell this lamp pole in auction and install a new lamp pole. The work for the new lamp pole is started and is in full swing with the help from sponsors. It is very rare to find lamp poles with 13 steps and usually they will only have 7, 9 or 11.

The Devaswom is planning to sell this in auction at a "small price" to their vested interests and grab the commission/bribe as this old piece in market will fetch crores of rupees.

Earlier in the context of renovating the 'Seeveli Pura' the devasowam authorities sold the high quality Teak, Veety woods and made profits and created a concrete Seeveli pura in the place. The current move is in similar lines.

Guruvayoorappan devotees should come forward to protest and protect the Temple from the hands of athiest and materialist Devaswom Board, whose only aim is destruction and looting of our Guruvayur Temple. All the great Astrologers say, if this Deepasthambam is removed then all of us need to face very bad after effects.

The present Deepasthambam is in very good condition even after years there is no damage. So Devotees we should make a plan to counter this vested interests to Protect The Guruvayur Temple and our Great Culture!

With Love & OM!

Krishna Prasad

Guest guest

Hare Krishna !

I totally agree with you. Happened to talk to someone who is very closely involved in temple activities. He claims that the Deepasthambam has worn out and hence the replacement has been found mandatory. Lord knows everything !

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare !

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare !!

Best regards

Jayasree Menon

2008/5/7 adidaiveekam <no_reply >:

Hari OM!

Dear Nara Narayanas,

The lamppole (Deepasthambham) near the East gate of the Guruvayoor temple is getting ready for its 100th year celebrations.

The Deepastambam is 24 feet in height and has thirteen circular receptacles to hold the wicks was donated by Madras Highcourt Judge Chettor Sankaran Nair in the remembrance of his father. This offering was done as a vazhipadu on Malayalam year 1084 , Chingam 1 and in the coming Chingam it will complete 100 years.

Now the Devaswom controlled by the Present Govt. in Kerala has started the dirty move to remove this lamppost which is working fine and maintaining the same quality and look and feel even after 100 years.

Their plan is to sell this lamp pole in auction and install a new lamp pole. The work for the new lamp pole is started and is in full swing with the help from sponsors. It is very rare to find lamp poles with 13 steps and usually they will only have 7, 9 or 11.

The Devaswom is planning to sell this in auction at a " small price " to their vested interests and grab the commission/bribe as this old piece in market will fetch crores of rupees.

Earlier in the context of renovating the 'Seeveli Pura' the devasowam authorities sold the high quality Teak, Veety woods and made profits and created a concrete Seeveli pura in the place. The current move is in similar lines.

Guruvayoorappan devotees should come forward to protest and protect the Temple from the hands of athiest and materialist Devaswom Board, whose only aim is destruction and looting of our Guruvayur Temple. All the great Astrologers say, if this Deepasthambam is removed then all of us need to face very bad after effects.

The present Deepasthambam is in very good condition even after years there is no damage. So Devotees we should make a plan to counter this vested interests to Protect The Guruvayur Temple and our Great Culture!

With Love & OM!

Krishna Prasad

-- Best regardsJayasree MenonBangalore+9900149461

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

HARI AUMThe 100 year old GuruvayurDeepasthampam should be saved from vandalism, at any cost.Centenary Celebrations are fine. Butunder that garb no one should be allowed to plunder the priceless relics of theSree Guruvayurappan. This magnificent 100year old ornamental piece still working with its original glory had already gotenshrined in the minds of Guruvayur devotees, like me, is next only to the SanctumSanctorum and should in no way be removed, renovated or modified – it should beleft untouched. It is priceless. Its beauty andantiquity should be preserved as such.I personally adore the great antique beauty and sanctity of temples and its ambients. I think this should be the case withalmost all true devotees. The great sense of accomplishment and blessings that I had gone through allthe time while ascending the `jet dark granite' Pathinettampadi (the 18 steps)in Sabarimala in earlier days is beyond words. But after these 18 steps gotgold covered also I had ascended it at least once and the feeling I got was asort of GUILT – for what? I don't know. Swami Saranam. It is a matter of utmost importance and urgency as the centenarycelebrations are not far off. Isincerely appeal to all fellow devotees to come forward with determination tostop this sort of vandalism in Guruvayur Temple. Regards, NB Nair. PS. Due to some temporary problem in my a/c the above reply posted long back did not go through so far. Using my alternate gmail a/c I had sent appeals to as many people concerned as possible by now. guruvayur , adidaiveekam <no_reply wrote:>> > Hari OM!> > Dear Nara Narayanas,> > The lamppole (Deepasthambham) near the East gate of the Guruvayoor> temple is getting ready for its 100th year celebrations.> The Deepastambam is 24 feet in height and has thirteen circular> receptacles to hold the wicks was donated by Madras Highcourt Judge> Chettor Sankaran Nair in the remembrance of his father. This offering> was done as a vazhipadu on Malayalam year 1084 , Chingam 1 and in the> coming Chingam it will complete 100 years.> Now the Devaswom controlled by the Present Govt. in Kerala has started> the dirty move to remove this lamppost which is working fine and> maintaining the same quality and look and feel even after 100 years.> > Their plan is to sell this lamp pole in auction and install a new lamp> pole. The work for the new lamp pole is started and is in full swing> with the help from sponsors. It is very rare to find lamp poles with 13> steps and usually they will only have 7, 9 or 11.> > The Devaswom is planning to sell this in auction at a "small price" to> their vested interests and grab the commission/bribe as this old piece> in market will fetch crores of rupees.> > Earlier in the context of renovating the 'Seeveli Pura' the devasowam> authorities sold the high quality Teak, Veety woods and made profits and> created a concrete Seeveli pura in the place. The current move is in> similar lines.> > Guruvayoorappan devotees should come forward to protest and protect the> Temple from the hands of athiest and materialist Devaswom Board, whose> only aim is destruction and looting of our Guruvayur Temple. All the> great Astrologers say, if this Deepasthambam is removed then all of us> need to face very bad after effects.> > The present Deepasthambam is in very good condition even after years> there is no damage. So Devotees we should make a plan to counter this> vested interests to Protect The Guruvayur Temple and our Great Culture!> > With Love & OM!> > Krishna Prasad>