IndiaDivine.org

B R I C K S

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA ... A young and successful executive was travelling down a neighborhood street, going a bit too fast in his new Jaguar. He was watching for kids darting out from between parked cars and slowed down when he thought he saw something. As his car passed, no children appeared. Instead, a brick smashed into the Jag's side door! He slammed on the brakes and backed the Jag back to the spot where the brick had been thrown. The angry driver then jumped out of the car, grabbed the nearest kid and pushed him up against a parked car shouting, 'What was that all about and who are you? Just what the heck are you doing? That's a new car and that brick you threw is going to cost a lot of money. Why did you do it?'

The young boy was apologetic. 'Please, mister...please, I'm sorry but I didn't know what else to do,' He pleaded. 'I threw the brick because no one else would stop...' With tears dripping down his face and off his chin, the youth pointed to a spot just around a parked car. 'It's my brother,' he said. He rolled off the curb and fell out of his wheelchair and I can't lift him up.' Now sobbing, the boy asked the stunned executive,

'Would you please help me get him back into his wheelchair? He's hurt and he's too heavy for me.' Moved beyond words, the driver tried to swallow the rapidly swelling lump in his throat. He hurriedly lifted the handicapped boy back into the wheelchair, then took out a linen handkerchief and dabbed at the fresh scrapes and cuts. A quick look told him everything was going to be okay. 'Thank you and may God bless you,' the grateful child told the stranger. Too shook up for words, the man simply watched the boy push his wheelchair-bound brother down the sidewalk toward their home. It was a long, slow walk back to the Jaguar. The damage was very noticeable, but the driver never bothered to repair the dented side door. He kept the dent there to remind him of this message: 'Don't go through life so fast that someone has to throw a brick at you to get your

attention!' God whispers in our souls and speaks to our hearts. Sometimes when we don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick at us. It's our choice to listen or not. Radhe Shyam, Arun

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya.

I can tell you that this is very true--we think that we know when we

do not at all. Bhagwaan speaks/cautions us in many ways but we do

not pay attention. I thought that I was close to Him and that He

Himself will tell me when I am going wrong. So I did not listen to

my Mother. I was getting old and everyone was pressuring me to get

married. So i decided to get married to the fisrt person who said

that he wants the same thing as I did--Sewa and Bhakti. Turned out

he was just a big fat liar. I did not know him--just met him through

a Hindu Group. My Mother literally begged me not to hurry and marry

this feller as I did not know him well. I ignored hers and my

siblings pleas and rushed into marriage with a stranger. I left

home,family and country and went to live with my husband. The abuse

started immediately. The marriage was over in 3 months. Broken and

devastated, I went home--my family begged me to come home as I was

too ashamed to face them. They booked my ticket and sent for me. If

only I had listened to my Mother --I would have saved myself so much

grief and shame now that I am seperated. My ego was too great as I

thought that Bhagwaan knows that I love Him and that I expected Him

to directly let me know in my mind that I was making a mistake. I

did not for a moment think that Bhagwaan was using my Mom and

siblings as the medium to help me. I have learnt my lesson the hard

way--a heavy brick was thrown on me but I love my Bhagwaan even more

now.

Nanda

guruvayur , Arun P Pillai <arunppillay

wrote:

>

> OM NAMO NARAYANAYA ...

>

>

> A young and successful executive was travelling down a

neighborhood street, going a bit too fast in his new Jaguar. He was

watching for kids darting out from between parked cars and slowed

down when he thought he saw something. As his car passed, no

children appeared. Instead, a brick smashed into the Jag's side

door! He slammed on the brakes and backed the Jag back to the spot

where the brick had been thrown. The angry driver then jumped out of

the car, grabbed the nearest kid and pushed him up against a parked

car shouting, 'What was that all about and who are you? Just what

the heck are you doing? That's a new car and that brick you threw is

going to cost a lot of money. Why did you do it?' The young boy was

apologetic. 'Please, mister...please, I'm sorry but I didn't know

what else to do,' He pleaded. 'I threw the brick because no one else

would stop...' With tears dripping down his face and off his chin,

the youth pointed to a spot just around a parked car. 'It's

> my brother,' he said. He rolled off the curb and fell out of his

wheelchair and I can't lift him up.'

>

>

> Now sobbing, the boy asked the stunned executive, 'Would you

please help me get him back into his wheelchair? He's hurt and he's

too heavy for me.'

>

> Moved beyond words, the driver tried to swallow the rapidly

swelling lump in his throat. He hurriedly lifted the handicapped boy

back into the wheelchair, then took out a linen handkerchief and

dabbed at the fresh scrapes and cuts. A quick look told him

everything was going to be okay. 'Thank you and may God bless you,'

the grateful child told the stranger. Too shook up for words, the

man simply watched the boy push his wheelchair-bound brother down

the sidewalk toward their home.

>

>

>

> It was a long, slow walk back to the Jaguar. The damage was very

noticeable, but the driver never bothered to repair the dented side

door. He kept the dent there to remind him of this message:

> 'Don't go through life so fast that someone has to throw a brick

at you to get your attention!'

>

>

>

> God whispers in our souls and speaks to our hearts. Sometimes

when we don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick at us.

It's our choice to listen or not.

>

> Radhe Shyam,

> Arun

>

>

>

>

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

Mobile. Try it now.

>

Guest guest

Your parents are the first and second representation of HIM in this world. Always listen to them. For those who are exposed to the western ways it may sound foolish. But there is nothing to replace the advise of your parents. If they are not mentally sick, if they are not alcoholics, if they are not drug addicts always listen to them. (If they are any of this get them treated and when they are out of it listen to them.)They are your first and second representations of The Parabrahmam. I like to point out one of our Great Masters, Chattambi Swamikal on this. If any of you have access to his writings, please do read them.Thanks.Udayabhanu Panickarnandukother <nandukother wrote: Om Namo Narayanaya. I can tell you that this is very true--we think that we know when we do not at all. Bhagwaan speaks/cautions us in many ways but we do not pay attention. I thought that I was close to Him and that He Himself will tell me when I am going wrong. So I did not listen to my Mother. I was getting old and everyone was pressuring me to get married. So i decided to get married to the fisrt person who said that he wants the same thing as I did--Sewa and Bhakti. Turned out he was just a big fat liar. I did not know him--just met him through a Hindu Group. My Mother literally begged me not to hurry and marry this feller as I did not know him well. I ignored hers and my siblings pleas and rushed into marriage with a stranger. I left

home,family and country and went to live with my husband. The abuse started immediately. The marriage was over in 3 months. Broken and devastated, I went home--my family begged me to come home as I was too ashamed to face them. They booked my ticket and sent for me. If only I had listened to my Mother --I would have saved myself so much grief and shame now that I am seperated. My ego was too great as I thought that Bhagwaan knows that I love Him and that I expected Him to directly let me know in my mind that I was making a mistake. I did not for a moment think that Bhagwaan was using my Mom and siblings as the medium to help me. I have learnt my lesson the hard way--a heavy brick was thrown on me but I love my Bhagwaan even more now. Nanda guruvayur , Arun P Pillai <arunppillay wrote: > > OM

NAMO NARAYANAYA ... > > > A young and successful executive was travelling down a neighborhood street, going a bit too fast in his new Jaguar. He was watching for kids darting out from between parked cars and slowed down when he thought he saw something. As his car passed, no children appeared. Instead, a brick smashed into the Jag's side door! He slammed on the brakes and backed the Jag back to the spot where the brick had been thrown. The angry driver then jumped out of the car, grabbed the nearest kid and pushed him up against a parked car shouting, 'What was that all about and who are you? Just what the heck are you doing? That's a new car and that brick you threw is going to cost a lot of money. Why did you do it?' The young boy was apologetic. 'Please, mister...please, I'm sorry but I didn't know what else to do,' He pleaded. 'I threw the brick because no one else would

stop...' With tears dripping down his face and off his chin, the youth pointed to a spot just around a parked car. 'It's > my brother,' he said. He rolled off the curb and fell out of his wheelchair and I can't lift him up.' > > > Now sobbing, the boy asked the stunned executive, 'Would you please help me get him back into his wheelchair? He's hurt and he's too heavy for me.' > > Moved beyond words, the driver tried to swallow the rapidly swelling lump in his throat. He hurriedly lifted the handicapped boy back into the wheelchair, then took out a linen handkerchief and dabbed at the fresh scrapes and cuts. A quick look told him everything was going to be okay. 'Thank you and may God bless you,' the grateful child told the stranger. Too shook up for words, the man simply watched the boy push his wheelchair-bound brother down the sidewalk toward their home.

> > > > It was a long, slow walk back to the Jaguar. The damage was very noticeable, but the driver never bothered to repair the dented side door. He kept the dent there to remind him of this message: > 'Don't go through life so fast that someone has to throw a brick at you to get your attention!' > > > > God whispers in our souls and speaks to our hearts. Sometimes when we don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick at us. It's our choice to listen or not. > > Radhe Shyam, > Arun > > > > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. > Sincerely,Udayabhanu Panickaraum namahh ShivaayaOUR BODY IS THE ABODE OF THE JEEVATMAN, WHICH IS IN FACT THE PARABRAHMAN. LET US NOT MAKE IT A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH. LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.