IndiaDivine.org

Lord Krishna And Karna

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Lord Krishna and Karna

Karna is one of the central figures in Hindu epic Mahabharata. He was the first son of Kunti, and was thus half brother to the Pandavas, and the eldest of them. Although Duryodhana of the Kauravas appoint him King of Anga, his role in the legend far exceeds the importance of a king. He fought for the Kauravas in the great battle at Kurukshetra.

Karna was renowned in all the worlds for his generosity, surpassing even the Gods. Following his appointment as king, he took an oath : Anyone who approached him with a request at midday, when he would worship the Sun, would go away with his request fulfilled. He would never let anyone leave empty-handed.

Once when Lord Krishna visited Karna , he has been applying oil over his body from an attractive gem fixed bowl.

Krishna liked the bowl very much at the first sight itself .

Krishna asked “Karna will you give me that bowl?â€

Since Karna had the bowl on his left hand , he moved it to Krishna with the same hand.

But Krishna refused to accept it.

Krishna said, “Will anybody do offerings with his left hand? That is not an ideal offering. Who has no interest to offer do like thisâ€

Hearing this, Karna, with praying hands requested Krishna to forgive him.

He explained, “ Krishna, I know it is wrong to do an offering with left hand. But I feared, my mind would change between the times, when I transfer the bowl from my left hand to right, and so I gave it with my left handâ€.

Krishna became very happy and received the bowl from Karna.

If we feel to do any good deed, we must do it at that moment. Otherwise lots of obstacles will arise in our way. If we start thinking without doing it immediately, our mind may change.

Life in this world is not perpetual. So,

Do all the good you can, By all the means you can, In all the ways you can, In all the places you can, At all the times you can, To all the people you can, As long as ever you can.

John Wesley said

Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in every place you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as long as ever you canâ€

With Prayers

Meera