IndiaDivine.org

Namasthe- Ganapathi bhagavan

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear All,

Let us look in to why Ganapathi Bhagavan never got married and prefers to remain as a bachelor by choice.

Like all children, Ganapathi Bhagavan also was a mischievous child. He had lot of energy and was very playful. One day after playing with his brother Subramanya swami for a long time, he was tired and was resting for a while. At that time a kitten came to play with him. Even though he was tired, he did not want to disappoint the kitten and played with him for some time. Then he wanted to take rest and the kitten was in the best of mood to play. So he was bothering him too much and Ganapathy Bhagavan was irritated and angry and in his anger, he scratched the kitten on his face. He was very scared and ran for his life crying.

After some time Ganapathi Bhagavan was hungry and went to his mother for some food. He saw that his mother Sri Parvathi's face had several scratches and blood was oozing out of them. He was very upset and asked

" Mother, what happened? Who did this to you? Did you fall? "

Sri Parvathy said, " Dear son, you did this to me. Didn't you scratch the innocent kitten on his face in your anger? It hurt me and these are the marks you made on her.

She continued,

" Vinaayaka, I live in every living and non-living entity (both chethanam and achethanam ) in this universe and when you hurt anybody, you are hurting me. So when you scratched that kitten it hurt me because my divine energy is the life giving force in that kitten too. "

Ganapathi Bhagavan was very sorry for what he did and apologized to his mother. Since then he saw everybody as his own mother's reflection. How can he marry somebody whom he saw as his mother? There was none in this world whom he could think in another form. So the desire to get married never occurred in his mind and until this day he remains a bachelor.

Gum Ganapathaye nama:Regards and prayersSavitri

Guest guest

Dear Savitri amma,But as far as I know, Lord Ganesha has two wives - Siddhi and Buddhi.Please rectify me.Thanks,Murali Krishna Emani--- On Tue, 20/5/08, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram wrote:Savitri Puram <savitriopuram[Guruvayur] Namasthe- Ganapathi bhagavanTuesday, 20 May, 2008, 6:56 AM

Dear All,

Let us look in to why Ganapathi Bhagavan never got married and prefers to remain as a bachelor by choice.

Like all children, Ganapathi Bhagavan also was a mischievous child. He had lot of energy and was very playful. One day after playing with his brother Subramanya swami for a long time, he was tired and was resting for a while. At that time a kitten came to play with him. Even though he was tired, he did not want to disappoint the kitten and played with him for some time. Then he wanted to take rest and the kitten was in the best of mood to play. So he was bothering him too much and Ganapathy Bhagavan was irritated and angry and in his anger, he scratched the kitten on his face. He was very scared and ran for his life crying.

After some time Ganapathi Bhagavan was hungry and went to his mother for some food. He saw that his mother Sri Parvathi's face had several scratches and blood was oozing out of them. He was very upset and asked

Sri Parvathy said, "Dear son, you did this to me. Didn't you scratch the innocent kitten on his face in your anger? It hurt me and these are the marks you made on her.

She continued,

"Vinaayaka, I live in every living and non-living entity (both chethanam and achethanam ) in this universe and when you hurt anybody, you are hurting me. So when you scratched that kitten it hurt me because my divine energy is the life giving force in that kitten too."

Ganapathi Bhagavan was very sorry for what he did and apologized to his mother. Since then he saw everybody as his own mother's reflection. How can he marry somebody whom he saw as his mother? There was none in this world whom he could think in another form. So the desire to get married never occurred in his mind and until this day he remains a bachelor..

What is your Emotional Quotient? Find out.

Guest guest

Dear Murali Krishnaji,I have also heard about Siddhi and Buddhi as his wives. But in South India we consider Him as a bachelor. In North India Ganesha is

often shown married to the two daughters of Brahma (the Lord of

Creation), namely Buddhi and Siddhi. Buddhi signifies

wisdom and Siddhi achievement. Also I have read about the Yogic representation of Buddhi and Siddhi as the female and male currents in the human body. In another explanation, these two wives of Ganesha are represented as grace and charm.

When Ganesha is depicted in a

form known as " Shakti Ganpati " . he has four arms, two

of them holding weapons and the other two arms hold

his two wives Siddhi and Buddhi. But this story explains why He is a bachelor if we believe like that. The interesting thing is in southern parts of India Shri Murugan is depicted with two wives Valli and Devayaaani. But in many other states, Murugan is a bachelor and surprisingly in Soundarya Lahari Snakaraacharyar also mentions Him as a bachelor! So I think Hinduism leaves us with many options to prove that God appears the way you want Him to appear or you can pray in any form as long as your prayer is sincere. In Kerala, there is a story of an uneducated man praying Brahmam as a male buffalo and achieves salvation! And this freedom of thought is the beauty of Hinduism. I read somewhere that even the ten avathaaraas tell us that He is there in all forms of living and nonliving entities and he can be the one strictly following " ekapathni vratham " ( vow of having only one wife) like Sree Raman or be the one like Sree Krishna with 16,008 wives.

But your doubt is genuine and I share the same doubt. But I am trying to share the different thoughts that came to my mind. Please do share what you think about this. Regards an dprayerssavitri

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 8:11 AM, Murali Krishna <emanimurali wrote:

Dear Savitri amma,But as far as I know, Lord Ganesha has two wives - Siddhi and Buddhi.Please rectify me.Thanks,Murali Krishna Emani--- On Tue, 20/5/08, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram wrote:

Savitri Puram <savitriopuram[Guruvayur] Namasthe- Ganapathi bhagavan

Tuesday, 20 May, 2008, 6:56 AM

Dear All,

Sri Parvathy said, " Dear son, you did this to me. Didn't you scratch the innocent kitten on his face in your anger? It hurt me and these are the marks you made on her.

She continued,

" Vinaayaka, I live in every living and non-living entity (both chethanam and achethanam ) in this universe and when you hurt anybody, you are hurting me. So when you scratched that kitten it hurt me because my divine energy is the life giving force in that kitten too. "

Ganapathi Bhagavan was very sorry for what he did and apologized to his mother. Since then he saw everybody as his own mother's reflection. How can he marry somebody whom he saw as his mother? There was none in this world whom he could think in another form. So the desire to get married never occurred in his mind and until this day he remains a bachelor..

What is your Emotional Quotient? Find out.