IndiaDivine.org

A Request to all Guruvayurappan Devotees, regds to Deepasthambham replacement

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hari OM!

Dear Nara Narayanas,

Regarding Guruvayur Deepasthambham replacement , we should maximum do whatever we can. And I got the confirmation from reliable source from Guruvayur that it is not replaced yet, but the new Deepasthambham project is happening in a big way. so Please, Please in the name of GURUVAYURAPPAN, all the devotees of Gurupavanapuresan, send emails individually to the following Higherups, like President of India, Prime Minister, Supreme Court Justice , Leader of Opposition Lok sabha, Chief Minister of Kerala, Devosom Minister, Leader of Oppostion Kerala Assembly, Guruvayur Devosom Administrator, etc.. I Know this is off of our usual subject of Bhakthi. In this emergency situation, Iam requesting to all devotees through this medium which is the best way. And If I am hurting any ones feeling by this.. Sri Bhagawan Guruvayurappan should pardon me . May GOD Bless all. Faxes/Emails may be sent to: Smt. Pratibha Devisingh PatilPresident of IndiaRashtrapati Bhavan,New Delhi, India – 110 004.Fax : 00-91-11-23017920 / 00-91-11-23017824Telephone : 00-91-11-23015321Email ID: presidentofindia Dr Manmohan SinghPrime Minister of IndiaPrime Minister's Office (PMO)South Block, Raisina Hill, New Delhi, India-110 011Fax: 91-11-23019545 / 91-11-23016857. Telephone: 91-11-23012312.E-mail: manmohanResidence: 7, Race Course Road, New Delhi Tel. - 23018939, 23011156, 23018907, 23019334, 23015470

Hon'ble Mr. K. Gopinathan BalakrishnanChief Justice of IndiaC/o-Secretary General, Supreme Court of India, Tilak Marg, New Delhi-110 001 (India)E-mail : supremecourt

Shri Lal Krishna AdvaniLeader of Opposition, Lok Sabha (House of People of Parliament of India)Member, Committee on Home Affairs, Government of IndiaResidence: 30, Prithviraj Road, New Delhi - 110 003 (India)Email: advanilkTels. (011) 23794125, 23794124 Fax: (011) 23017015

1. "Sri V.S. Achuthanandan, CM"<chiefminister,2. Sri Omman Chandy Leader of Opposition, oc3. "Mr. G. Sudhakaran, Minister for Cooperation,Devaswoms,..." minister-cooperation,3. "Guruvayur Devaswam Board" administrator, guruvayurdevaswom, devaswom.guruvayur,

Sri NB Nairji have drafted a letter as below and he had sent it to all these higher authorities, Mr.Udayabhanu Panicker and myself also done the same.

I humbly request all of our Devotees of the Lord to do the same and block the replacement of the great Deepasthambham

Quote: NB Nairji

Hi all friends,

We should finalise a common format and then request the our fellow devotees . You may consider/ add modify the following draft:

Dear Sir,

The 100 year old Guruvayur Deepasthampam should be preserved as such.

It is learned that in connection with the Centenary Celebrations of Guruvayur Temple, the 24 feet high Deepasthambam, at East Nada, also completing 100 years, is proposed to be auctioned and a new one to be installed there. This priceless antique beauty, an object of worship for the past 100 years and still in good working condition, should not be replaced.

This Deepasthampam, unique in many ways, was donated in AD 1908, by the then Madras High court Judge Chettur Sankaran Nair in memory of his father. This magnificent ornamental piece with 13 circular receptacles for placing lamp-wicks had already got enshrined in the minds of all Guruvayur Devotees – it is next only to the Sanctum Sanctorum and should in no way be removed, renovated or modified. Its beauty and antiquity should be preserved as such.

Also, one can not ignore the powerful lobbies behind these renovations eyeing at winning these antique pieces in auctions. At any rate, if and when this priceless antique Deepasthampam becomes unserviceable the same should be properly preserved in a museum and in no way should fall in private hands.

Hoping for immediate intervention to stop these so-called renovations in total disregard for the feelings of Guruvayur Devotees,Yours trulyNB Nair.

Unquote

With Love & OM!

Krishna Prasad

Guest guest

Honourable ...........

The 100 year old Guruvayur Deepasthampam !!

We the devotees are sad that after all renovations, now Temples are the target of the authorities for renovation. Hpwever we devotees feel that they should be preserved as it is.

It is learnt that in connection with the Centenary Celebrations of Guruvayur Temple, the 24 feet high Deepasthambam, at East Nada, also completing 100 years, is proposed to be auctioned and a new one to be installed there. This priceless antique beauty, an object of worship for the past 100 years and still in good working condition, should not be replaced.

This Deepasthampam, unique in many ways, was donated in AD 1908, by the then Madras High court Judge Chettur Sankaran Nair in memory of his father. This magnificent ornamental piece with 13 circular receptacles for placing lamp-wicks had already got enshrined in the minds of all Guruvayur Devotees – it is next only to the Sanctum Sanctorum and should in no way be removed, renovated or modified. Its beauty and antiquity should be preserved as such.

Also, one cannot ignore the powerful lobbies behind these renovations eyeing at winning these antique pieces in auctions. At any rate, if and when this priceless antique Deepasthampam becomes unserviceable the same should be properly preserved in a museum and in no way should fall in private hands in lure of money.

While the temple is in a small state like Kerala (as it is known for not getting any favours like any other metros) from Centre, Lord Guruvayoorappan should atleast be considered for its sanctity like any other churchs or madrasas as there is should not be any difference between all these Holy places, atleast for the sake of we devotees. The authorities concerned are requested to look into the matter very seriously and do the needful so that the replacement is stopped well in advance.

unquote:

I am not sure whether my intervention is acceptable to the authorities. Kindly check and let me know the comments.

Best regards,

2008/5/21 adidaiveekam <no_reply >:

Hari OM!

Dear Nara Narayanas,

Regarding Guruvayur Deepasthambham replacement , we should maximum do whatever we can. And I got the confirmation from reliable source from Guruvayur that it is not replaced yet, but the new Deepasthambham project is happening in a big way. so Please, Please in the name of GURUVAYURAPPAN, all the devotees of Gurupavanapuresan, send emails individually to the following Higherups, like President of India, Prime Minister, Supreme Court Justice , Leader of Opposition Lok sabha, Chief Minister of Kerala, Devosom Minister, Leader of Oppostion Kerala Assembly, Guruvayur Devosom Administrator, etc.. I Know this is off of our usual subject of Bhakthi. In this emergency situation, Iam requesting to all devotees through this medium which is the best way. And If I am hurting any ones feeling by this.. Sri Bhagawan Guruvayurappan should pardon me . May GOD Bless all.

Faxes/Emails may be sent to: Smt. Pratibha Devisingh PatilPresident of IndiaRashtrapati Bhavan,New Delhi, India – 110 004.Fax : 00-91-11-23017920 / 00-91-11-23017824

Telephone : 00-91-11-23015321Email ID: presidentofindia Dr Manmohan SinghPrime Minister of IndiaPrime Minister's Office (PMO)

South Block, Raisina Hill, New Delhi, India-110 011Fax: 91-11-23019545 / 91-11-23016857. Telephone: 91-11-23012312.E-mail: manmohan

Residence: 7, Race Course Road, New Delhi Tel. - 23018939, 23011156, 23018907, 23019334, 23015470

Hon'ble Mr. K. Gopinathan BalakrishnanChief Justice of IndiaC/o-Secretary General, Supreme Court of India, Tilak Marg, New Delhi-110 001 (India)E-mail : supremecourt

Shri Lal Krishna AdvaniLeader of Opposition, Lok Sabha (House of People of Parliament of India)Member, Committee on Home Affairs, Government of IndiaResidence: 30, Prithviraj Road, New Delhi - 110 003 (India)

Email: advanilkTels. (011) 23794125, 23794124 Fax: (011) 23017015

1. " Sri V.S. Achuthanandan, CM " <chiefminister,2. Sri Omman Chandy Leader of Opposition, oc

3. " Mr. G. Sudhakaran, Minister for Cooperation,Devaswoms,... " minister-cooperation,3. " Guruvayur Devaswam Board " administrator,

guruvayurdevaswom, devaswom.guruvayur,

Sri NB Nairji have drafted a letter as below and he had sent it to all these higher authorities, Mr.Udayabhanu Panicker and myself also done the same.

I humbly request all of our Devotees of the Lord to do the same and block the replacement of the great Deepasthambham

Quote: NB Nairji

Hi all friends,

We should finalise a common format and then request the our fellow devotees . You may consider/ add modify the following draft:

Dear Sir,

The 100 year old Guruvayur Deepasthampam should be preserved as such.

It is learned that in connection with the Centenary Celebrations of Guruvayur Temple, the 24 feet high Deepasthambam, at East Nada, also completing 100 years, is proposed to be auctioned and a new one to be installed there. This priceless antique beauty, an object of worship for the past 100 years and still in good working condition, should not be replaced.

Also, one can not ignore the powerful lobbies behind these renovations eyeing at winning these antique pieces in auctions. At any rate, if and when this priceless antique Deepasthampam becomes unserviceable the same should be properly preserved in a museum and in no way should fall in private hands.

Hoping for immediate intervention to stop these so-called renovations in total disregard for the feelings of Guruvayur Devotees,Yours trulyNB Nair.

Unquote

With Love & OM!

Krishna Prasad

-- Best regardsJayasree MenonBangalore+9900149461