IndiaDivine.org

Bhakthi in children

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

Not sure ! But feel for children, it is a bit hard to understand nishkama Bhakti. Instead you can probably teach them to pray for some of their needs like, education, good health etc. and later only when they are matured enough, they probably understand what is " nishkama Bhakti " .

Regards

Jayasree Menon

2008/5/25 ashwin_ak <ashwin_ak:

I am a guruvayoorappa bhakta. I feel sad when I see children not being interested in nishkama bhakthi. What can we do abt this? -- Best regardsJayasree MenonBangalore+9900149461A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal leadership are drivers of the growth trajectory.

Guest guest

Dear friend,

Radhe krishna!

The concept of " Nishkama-bhakti " , Bhakti for its own sake, Bhakti without any concern for the fruits of action, can come only after all our desires are fulfilled. Children have ambitions, lot to gain in their life and make progress, competing with other children of their age, etc. So children should not have Nishkama Bhakti. They should pray to the Lord with desires to be fulfilled

We should encourage children to pray to the Lord so that all their ambitions are taken care of.

This is my humble opinion.

Regards,

K.V. Gopalakrishna.

On 5/25/08, ashwin_ak <ashwin_ak wrote:

I am a guruvayoorappa bhakta. I feel sad when I see children not being interested in nishkama bhakthi. What can we do abt this?

Guest guest

Hari OM!

Dear Ashwin,

All depends on what the children see, WYSWYG (What you see What You get)! and grow up.. even if they are not able to comprehend now.

If we practice Nishkama Bhakthi and Spiritual discipline, in our home... like Father Mother, and all elders, automatically they will also follow

after a certain Period.

In this context. I remember an incident in the life of Sri Ramakrishna Pramahamsar. Which I read long back.

One Mother was always complaining to Sri Ramakrishna that, her child is fond of sweets and he is overeating sweets.

Listening to this, Sri Ramakrishna told the Mother to come after a month, and he will advise the child not to

take sweet any more.

Mother after a month approached Sri Ramakrishna along with the child. Sri Ramakrishna advised

the child not to take Sweets. Mother had a doubt, why Sri Ramakrishna have not told this one month before. She asked about this to

Sri Ramakrishna who replied thus-

"First I need to stop taking Sweets, then only I can advise or give guidance to someone else not to take Sweets"

So hope this should be a guideline, in this matter.

With Love & OM!

Krishna Prasad

guruvayur , "ashwin_ak" <ashwin_ak wrote:>> I am a guruvayoorappa bhakta. I feel sad when I see children not being > interested in nishkama bhakthi. What can we do abt this?>

Guest guest

Hare Krishna !

Every child is not Prahlada !

regards

Jayasree Menon

2008/5/26 K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kv:

Dear friend,

Radhe krishna!

The concept of " Nishkama-bhakti " , Bhakti for its own sake, Bhakti without any concern for the fruits of action, can come only after all our desires are fulfilled. Children have ambitions, lot to gain in their life and make progress, competing with other children of their age, etc. So children should not have Nishkama Bhakti. They should pray to the Lord with desires to be fulfilled

We should encourage children to pray to the Lord so that all their ambitions are taken care of.

This is my humble opinion.

Regards,

K.V. Gopalakrishna.

On 5/25/08, ashwin_ak <ashwin_ak wrote:

I am a guruvayoorappa bhakta. I feel sad when I see children not being interested in nishkama bhakthi. What can we do abt this?

-- Best regardsJayasree Menon

Bangalore+9900149461A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal leadership are drivers of the growth trajectory.

Guest guest

AUM NAMO NARAYANAYA

My humble views on nishkama bhakti in children are as

below.

“Nishkama” used in relation to karma/ bhakti is a

grossly misunderstood word . The word I think has this

misconstrued meaning originating from the distorted

interpretation from the Gita . The word is used as to

mean desire less ness - that is karma/ bhakti without

expecting any results or for the sake of karma /

bhakti alone. In my humble opinion Gita never

visualizes a scenario of not desiring for or non

accrual of results (in karma or bhakti).The towering

moment of Gita is when Arjuna is ready after the

teaching to act in the battle field but fully

engrossed(bhakti) himself in the Lord. Proclaims Gita

in the last stanza thus:

“Wherever there is Krishna the Lord of Yoga ,wherever

there is Arjuna the Archer prosperity ,victory,

progress and stable justice is assured”

This is a beautiful and unique statement of the

integrated state of divinity(bhakti) and karma -of

the fruits of nishkama bhakti and karma

Nishkama bhakti/ karma is more of an attitudinal

aspect of a person wherein the karma is an offering

to the God with the karma, the sense of doer ship and

the results of karma being surrendered mentally to

the Lord those being Lords or wherein bhakti is a

total surrender of ( the bhakta, bhakti, and the

fruits of bhakti) the whole being unto the Lord and

the bhakta becomes one with the God. There is no

physical surrender of the fruits of the karma or

bhakti but mentally those are considered as the Lords

and all attendant treatments are also accordingly.

Further in such an attitude the person has a

dispassionate approach to the fruits/results- be it

positive or negative –he is not overjoyed by the

positive result nor is he disheartened by negative

results as he considers both (positive and negative

results) as of the of Lords and not his. Thus he is

able to maintain equanimity of mind irrespective of

the status of the result.

At physical plane one can always aspire for some

results in karma or bhakti and can perform

accordingly but at the mental realm the same should

be with an attitude not merely as benefit motivated

,not merely as duty, not merely as service, not also

merely for its sake but as a willing and natural

offering/surrender unto the Lord and in this process

the result that accrue can be physically enjoyed but

mentally surrendered unto the Lord those being Lords

and with an equanimity of mind both in positive and

negative results.

What we need to teach children is nishkama bhakti

not as is generally (mis)understood but nishkama

bhakti as a surrender of the whole being of the child

unto the Lord and enjoy the results accrued but

considering the results as actually as of the Lords

and without being overjoyed by positive results or

disheartened by negative results and irrespective of

the result continue the Bhakti to the Lord .We can

teach them that our wishes have a strong potential to

fructify but it depends on the purity of purpose,

intensity of our devotion to the Lord and attitude of

surrender to the Lord irrespective of result. A pure

bhakti will eliminate the negative tendencies in us,

will help us cross our lower nature and to the space

thus emptied of lower nature/tendencies the divine

grace will descend empowering us and as a natural

corollary the wishes too fructify which we shall

mentally surrender to God treatinng them as the Gods.

To understand that the results are actually of the

Lords the child needs to be patiently made to realize

that that the whole world is the manifestation of one

God and nothing other than God exists and once real

aim should be to raise onself to that state of

Godliness. This is not an esy task. The educational

system of the yore both at home and gurukulas provided

for leading the students to this realization which the

child is deprived of these days where stress is on

making the child fit for survival in the competing

world. We can achieve these survival tactics even

without compromising on value education, but who

cares. Parents can play a very constructive role here

and if need be avail of the benefits of spiritual

organizations like Chinmaya mission , etc.Children

need to be taught of Gita in the true sense of the

ideas contained therin which will help them realise

what nishkama karma/bhakti really is.

saseedharan

--- Jayasree Menon <euroanuster wrote:

> Hare Krishna !

>

> Every child is not Prahlada !

>

> regards

>

> Jayasree Menon

>

> 2008/5/26 K.V Gopalakrishna

> <gopalakrishna.kv:

>

> > Dear friend,

> > Radhe krishna!

> >

> > The concept of " Nishkama-bhakti " , Bhakti for its

> own sake, Bhakti without

> > any concern for the fruits of action, can come

> only after all our desires

> > are fulfilled. Children have ambitions, lot to

> gain in their life and make

> > progress, competing with other children of their

> age, etc. So children

> > should not have Nishkama Bhakti. They should

> pray to the Lord with desires

> > to be fulfilled

> >

> > We should encourage children to pray to the Lord

> so that all their

> > ambitions are taken care of.

> >

> > This is my humble opinion.

> > Regards,

> > K.V. Gopalakrishna.

> >

> >

> > On 5/25/08, ashwin_ak <ashwin_ak

> wrote:

> >>

> >> I am a guruvayoorappa bhakta. I feel sad when I

> see children not being

> >> interested in nishkama bhakthi. What can we do

> abt this?

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

>

>

>

> --

> Best regards

>

> Jayasree Menon

> Bangalore

> +9900149461

>

>

>

> A well-thought out plan, execution excellence,

> market timing, personal

> leadership are drivers of the growth trajectory.

>

________

Sent from Mail.

A Smarter Email http://uk.docs./nowyoucan.html

Guest guest

Dear Krishna Prasad and others, In way You are right Krishna Prasad, But remember that now a days the kids are much more exposed to others than to their own parents. So they accept more things from others than from their own parents. Another distraction or I should say de-constructional attraction is the Secular Media in India and The christian media in America. [in America almost all of them are Christian and a few are Jewish.] Even the Schoolbooks [in America and in India] are filled with derogatory messages on our culture and our land of origin. Now in America the young Children of Indian origin has been given a lot of false information about us through schoolbooks, which makes them so disillusioned, and they feel very ashamed about our culture. {I hope you are all aware of the California textbook case and the related events. If any of you have school going children please pay attention to these events also.} This

affects the children in every negative way. That includes nishkaama bhakthi and other things we hold very high in our life also. To reduce the effects of that false information in our children, please keep the flow of information (correct information) about our culture going. Keep explaining to them all the positive of our culture. Show them by examples as Krishna Prasad said in his email. Check their schoolbooks and confront them with all the derogatory remarks in them and let the children have the correct information and let others know about them. There are organizations in America now that are taken the case of these schoolbooks to the courts and the remedial actions are in progress. But we cannot rest with out reacting to these events. In fact we have to be proactive. So, make you informed of all the events related to the textbook case, educational developments of the children and all other events related to our culture and how it is taught in the school

systems. And if possible don’t send your children to schools run by Christian and Muslim institutions. Those institutions, knowingly and/or unknowingly spared a lot of negative about our culture. Thanks. Udayabhanu Panickaradidaiveekam <no_reply > wrote: Hari

OM! Dear Ashwin, All depends on what the children see, WYSWYG (What you see What You get)! and grow up.. even if they are not able to comprehend now. If we practice Nishkama Bhakthi and Spiritual discipline, in our home... like Father Mother, and all elders, automatically they will also follow after a certain Period. In this context. I remember an incident in the life of Sri Ramakrishna Pramahamsar. Which I read long back. One Mother was always complaining to Sri Ramakrishna that, her child is fond of

sweets and he is overeating sweets. Listening to this, Sri Ramakrishna told the Mother to come after a month, and he will advise the child not to take sweet any more. Mother after a month approached Sri Ramakrishna along with the child. Sri Ramakrishna advised the child not to take Sweets. Mother had a doubt, why Sri Ramakrishna have not told this one month before. She asked about this to Sri Ramakrishna who replied thus- "First I need to stop taking Sweets, then only I can

advise or give guidance to someone else not to take Sweets" So hope this should be a guideline, in this matter. With Love & OM! Krishna Prasad guruvayur , "ashwin_ak" <ashwin_ak wrote:>> I am a guruvayoorappa bhakta. I feel sad when I see children not being > interested in nishkama bhakthi. What can we do abt this?> Sincerely,Udayabhanu Panickaraum namahh ShivaayaOUR BODY IS THE ABODE OF THE JEEVATMAN, WHICH IS IN FACT THE PARABRAHMAN. LET US NOT

MAKE IT A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH. LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna !I totally agree with Shri Udayabhanuji in this regard. But do we not see as parents a good education for our children? When it is thought of, we find there are very few (compared to mission schools) available for our Hindu students to study all over India. Probably, focus has to be diverted at the appropriate level for improving on this situation.

RegardsJayasree Menon 2008/5/27 Udayabhanu Panickar <udhayabhanupanickar:

Dear Krishna Prasad and others, In way You are right Krishna Prasad, But remember that now a days the kids are much more exposed to others than to their own parents. So they accept more things from others than from their own parents.

Another distraction or I should say de-constructional attraction is the Secular Media in India and The christian media in America. [in America almost all of them are Christian and a few are Jewish.] Even the Schoolbooks [in America and in India] are filled with derogatory messages on our culture and our land of origin. Now in America the young Children of Indian origin has been given a lot of false information about us through schoolbooks, which makes them so disillusioned, and they feel very ashamed about our culture. {I hope you are all aware of the California textbook case and the related events. If any of you have school going children please pay attention to these events also.} This

affects the children in every negative way. That includes nishkaama bhakthi and other things we hold very high in our life also. To reduce the effects of that false information in our children, please keep the flow of information (correct information) about our culture going. Keep explaining to them all the positive of our culture. Show them by examples as Krishna Prasad said in his email. Check their schoolbooks and confront them with all the derogatory remarks in them and let the children have the correct information and let others know about them. There are organizations in America now that are taken the case of these schoolbooks to the courts and the remedial actions are in progress. But we cannot rest with out reacting to these events. In fact we have to be proactive. So, make you informed of all the events related to the textbook case, educational developments of the children and all other events related to our culture and how it is taught in the school

systems. And if possible don't send your children to schools run by Christian and Muslim institutions. Those institutions, knowingly and/or unknowingly spared a lot of negative about our culture.

Thanks. Udayabhanu Panickaradidaiveekam <no_reply > wrote:

Hari

OM! Dear Ashwin, All depends on what the children see, WYSWYG (What you see What You get)! and grow up.. even if they are not able to comprehend now.

If we practice Nishkama Bhakthi and Spiritual discipline, in our home... like Father Mother, and all elders, automatically they will also follow after a certain Period.

In this context. I remember an incident in the life of Sri Ramakrishna Pramahamsar. Which I read long back.

One Mother was always complaining to Sri Ramakrishna that, her child is fond of

sweets and he is overeating sweets. Listening to this, Sri Ramakrishna told the Mother to come after a month, and he will advise the child not to

take sweet any more. Mother after a month approached Sri Ramakrishna along with the child. Sri Ramakrishna advised

the child not to take Sweets. Mother had a doubt, why Sri Ramakrishna have not told this one month before. She asked about this to Sri Ramakrishna who replied thus-

" First I need to stop taking Sweets, then only I can

advise or give guidance to someone else not to take Sweets " So hope this should be a guideline, in this matter.

With Love & OM! Krishna Prasad guruvayur , " ashwin_ak " <ashwin_ak wrote:

>> I am a guruvayoorappa bhakta. I feel sad when I see children not being > interested in nishkama bhakthi. What can we do abt this?>

Sincerely,Udayabhanu Panickaraum namahh ShivaayaOUR BODY IS THE ABODE OF THE JEEVATMAN, WHICH IS IN FACT THE PARABRAHMAN. LET US NOT

MAKE IT A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH. LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY.

-- Best regardsJayasree MenonBangalore+9900149461A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal leadership are drivers of the growth trajectory.

Guest guest

Dear Jayasree Menon,I just had a conversation with one of the Swami of Chinmaya Mission. They have few schools and Swami stated that our people should utilize these schools more and more. If you visit their website you can have more information. As per Swami our people are not utilizing this schools to the full extent. Also may be if people start using it more they may probably open more and more schools.Here is the web address of one of their site. http://www.cirschool.org/ThanksUdayabhanuJayasree Menon <euroanuster wrote: Hare Krishna !I totally agree with Shri Udayabhanuji in this regard. But do we not see as parents a good education for our children? When it is thought of, we find there are very few (compared to mission schools) available for our Hindu students to study all over India. Probably, focus has to be diverted at the appropriate level for improving on this situation. RegardsJayasree Menon 2008/5/27 Udayabhanu Panickar <udhayabhanupanickar >: Dear Krishna Prasad and others, In way You are right Krishna Prasad,

But remember that now a days the kids are much more exposed to others than to their own parents. So they accept more things from others than from their own parents. Another distraction or I should say de-constructional attraction is the Secular Media in India and The christian media in America. [in America almost all of them are Christian and a few are Jewish.] Even the Schoolbooks [in America and in India] are filled with derogatory messages on our culture and our land of origin. Now in America the young Children of Indian origin has been given a lot of false information about us through schoolbooks, which makes them so disillusioned, and they feel very ashamed about our culture. {I hope you are all aware of the California textbook case and the related events. If any of you have school going children please pay attention to these events also.} This affects the children in every negative way. That includes nishkaama bhakthi and other things we hold very high in

our life also. To reduce the effects of that false information in our children, please keep the flow of information (correct information) about our culture going. Keep explaining to them all the positive of our culture. Show them by examples as Krishna Prasad said in his email. Check their schoolbooks and confront them with all the derogatory remarks in them and let the children have the correct information and let others know about them. There are organizations in America now that are taken the case of these schoolbooks to the courts and the remedial actions are in progress. But we cannot rest with out reacting to these events. In fact we have to be proactive. So, make you informed of all the events related to the textbook case, educational developments of the children and all other events related to our culture and how it is taught in the school systems. And if possible don't send your children to

schools run by Christian and Muslim institutions. Those institutions, knowingly and/or unknowingly spared a lot of negative about our culture. Thanks. Udayabhanu Panickaradidaiveekam <no_reply > wrote: Hari OM! Dear Ashwin, All depends on what the children see, WYSWYG (What you see What You get)! and grow up.. even if they are not able to comprehend now. If we practice Nishkama Bhakthi and Spiritual discipline, in our home... like Father Mother, and all elders, automatically they will also

follow after a certain Period. In this context. I remember an incident in the life of Sri Ramakrishna Pramahamsar. Which I read long back. One Mother was always complaining to Sri Ramakrishna that, her child is fond of sweets and he is overeating sweets. Listening to this, Sri Ramakrishna told the Mother to come after a month, and he will advise the child not to take sweet any more. Mother after a month approached Sri Ramakrishna along with the child. Sri Ramakrishna advised the child not to take Sweets. Mother had a doubt, why Sri Ramakrishna have not told this one month before. She asked about this to Sri Ramakrishna who replied thus- "First I need to stop taking Sweets, then only I can advise or give guidance to someone else not to take Sweets" So hope this should be a guideline, in this matter. With Love & OM! Krishna Prasad guruvayur , "ashwin_ak" <ashwin_ak wrote: >> I am a guruvayoorappa bhakta. I feel sad

when I see children not being > interested in nishkama bhakthi. What can we do abt this?> Sincerely,Udayabhanu Panickaraum namahh ShivaayaOUR BODY IS THE ABODE OF THE JEEVATMAN, WHICH IS IN FACT THE PARABRAHMAN. LET US NOT MAKE IT A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH. LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY. -- Best regardsJayasree MenonBangalore+9900149461A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal leadership are drivers of the growth trajectory. Sincerely,Udayabhanu Panickaraum namahh ShivaayaOUR BODY IS THE ABODE OF THE JEEVATMAN, WHICH IS IN FACT THE PARABRAHMAN. LET US NOT MAKE IT A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH. LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY.

Guest guest

Dear Udayabhanuji,

Pranams,

Your suggestion of utilizing the Chinmaya schools is

an excellent idea for the well-being of our children.

But, I would personally like to share with you my

experiences when I have approached the Chinmaya

schools management for admissions.

Chinmaya School, Vaduthala

1)I have approached for the admission of my Managing's children who wanted to be shifted from A

Public school in Chenrappini in Trissur district to

Ernakulam. The admission was sought for 8th STD and

4th STD.The principal simply showed no interest at

all.She didn't even ask us to sit in her office.While

talking, we were kept standing as if she was welcoming

an unwanted guest.

2)I had approached for the admission of my cousin's

children and we were discouraged to the last core by

one senior madam whose name I don't want to disclose

now.Mind you both the kids were on a transfer from

Dehradun and only reason was that their " ENGLISH " was

not up to the mark. The admission sought was for 5th

STD and 2nd STD.

3)Being my third instance, I went to the Swamiji in

Panampilly nagar in Ernakulam who was very cool and

told me that we don't interfere in the school's

matters and hence my sister could not get admission in

the above said school.

In the above school, each teacher gets a quota. They

charge you exhorbitant donations. If the mission

stands for service they should collect donations from

the rich and wealthy and give concessions for the

needy. But it is not happening so.

I personally was associated with the Chinmaya mission

since 1985 while I was a student in Bangalore. But,

after Chinmayanandji swamiji left for his abode, the

matters there are not refreshing anymore.

If one believes in service then it should be done with

a open heart. Hence with regrets Udayabhanuji, I would

say that the mission stands for business and not for

our childre's welfare.

With warm regards.

OM NAMO NARAYANA

VINOD.

--- Udayabhanu Panickar

<udhayabhanupanickar wrote:

> Dear Jayasree Menon,

>

> I just had a conversation with one of the Swami of

> Chinmaya Mission. They have few schools and Swami

> stated that our people should utilize these schools

> more and more. If you visit their website you can

> have more information. As per Swami our people are

> not utilizing this schools to the full extent. Also

> may be if people start using it more they may

> probably open more and more schools.

>

> Here is the web address of one of their site.

> http://www.cirschool.org/

>

> Thanks

>

> Udayabhanu

>

>

>

> Jayasree Menon <euroanuster wrote:

> Hare Krishna !

>

>

>

> I totally agree with Shri Udayabhanuji in this

> regard. But do we not see as parents a good

> education for our children? When it is thought

> of, we find there are very few (compared to

> mission schools) available for our Hindu students

> to study all over India. Probably, focus has to be

> diverted at the appropriate level for improving on

> this situation.

>

> Regards

>

> Jayasree Menon

>

>

>

>

> 2008/5/27 Udayabhanu Panickar

> <udhayabhanupanickar:

>

> Dear Krishna Prasad and others,

>

> In way You are right Krishna Prasad,

>

> But remember that now a days the kids are much more

> exposed to others than to their own parents. So they

> accept more things from others than from their own

> parents.

>

> Another distraction or I should say

> de-constructional attraction is the Secular Media in

> India and The christian media in America. [in

> America almost all of them are Christian and a few

> are Jewish.] Even the Schoolbooks [in America and in

> India] are filled with derogatory messages on our

> culture and our land of origin. Now in America the

> young Children of Indian origin has been given a lot

> of false information about us through schoolbooks,

> which makes them so disillusioned, and they feel

> very ashamed about our culture. {I hope you are all

> aware of the California textbook case and the

> related events. If any of you have school going

> children please pay attention to these events also.}

> This affects the children in every negative way.

> That includes nishkaama bhakthi and other things we

> hold very high in our life also.

>

> To reduce the effects of that false information in

> our children, please keep the flow of information

> (correct information) about our culture going. Keep

> explaining to them all the positive of our culture.

> Show them by examples as Krishna Prasad said in his

> email. Check their schoolbooks and confront them

> with all the derogatory remarks in them and let the

> children have the correct information and let others

> know about them. There are organizations in America

> now that are taken the case of these schoolbooks to

> the courts and the remedial actions are in progress.

> But we cannot rest with out reacting to these

> events. In fact we have to be proactive. So, make

> you informed of all the events related to the

> textbook case, educational developments of the

> children and all other events related to our culture

> and how it is taught in the school systems.

>

> And if possible don't send your children to

> schools run by Christian and Muslim institutions.

> Those institutions, knowingly and/or unknowingly

> spared a lot of negative about our culture.

>

> Thanks.

>

> Udayabhanu Panickar

>

>

>

>

> adidaiveekam <no_reply > wrote:

>

> Hari OM!

> Dear Ashwin,

> All depends on what the children see, WYSWYG (What

> you see What You get)! and grow up.. even if they

> are not able to comprehend now.

> If we practice Nishkama Bhakthi and Spiritual

> discipline, in our home... like Father Mother, and

> all elders, automatically they will also follow

> after a certain Period.

>

> In this context. I remember an incident in the life

> of Sri Ramakrishna Pramahamsar. Which I read long

> back.

> One Mother was always complaining to Sri

> Ramakrishna that, her child is fond of sweets and

> he is overeating sweets.

> Listening to this, Sri Ramakrishna told the Mother

> to come after a month, and he will advise the child

> not to

> take sweet any more.

>

> Mother after a month approached Sri Ramakrishna

> along with the child. Sri Ramakrishna advised

> the child not to take Sweets. Mother had a doubt,

> why Sri Ramakrishna have not told this one month

> before. She asked about this to

> Sri Ramakrishna who replied thus-

> " First I need to stop taking Sweets, then only I

> can advise or give guidance to someone else not to

> take Sweets "

>

> So hope this should be a guideline, in this matter.

> With Love & OM!

> Krishna Prasad

>

> guruvayur , " ashwin_ak "

> <ashwin_ak wrote:

> >

> > I am a guruvayoorappa bhakta. I feel sad when I

> see children not being

> > interested in nishkama bhakthi. What can we do abt

> this?

> >

>

Sincerely,

>

> Udayabhanu Panickar

> aum namahh Shivaaya

> OUR BODY IS THE ABODE OF THE JEEVATMAN, WHICH IS IN

> FACT THE PARABRAHMAN. LET US NOT MAKE IT A

> GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH. LET US BE

> VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY.

>

>

>

>

--

> Best regards

>

> Jayasree Menon

> Bangalore

> +9900149461

>

>

>

> market timing, personal leadership are drivers of

> the growth trajectory.

>

>

>

>

>

> Sincerely,

>

> Udayabhanu Panickar

> aum namahh Shivaaya

>

>

>

yours truly

t.k.vinod

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,Pranam Udayabhanuji,Probably things are to be set right appropriately. If the Swamiji to whom you spoke could lead those who are in trouble for admissions, we bangaloreans would probably approach him for admissions, for sure.

Hari Om!Jayasree Menon 2008/5/29 vinod tk <tk_vinod2004:

Dear Udayabhanuji,

Pranams,

Your suggestion of utilizing the Chinmaya schools is

an excellent idea for the well-being of our children.

But, I would personally like to share with you my

experiences when I have approached the Chinmaya

schools management for admissions.

Chinmaya School, Vaduthala

1)I have approached for the admission of my Managing's children who wanted to be shifted from A

Public school in Chenrappini in Trissur district to

Ernakulam. The admission was sought for 8th STD and

4th STD.The principal simply showed no interest at

all.She didn't even ask us to sit in her office.While

talking, we were kept standing as if she was welcoming

an unwanted guest.

2)I had approached for the admission of my cousin's

children and we were discouraged to the last core by

one senior madam whose name I don't want to disclose

now.Mind you both the kids were on a transfer from

Dehradun and only reason was that their " ENGLISH " was

not up to the mark. The admission sought was for 5th

STD and 2nd STD.

3)Being my third instance, I went to the Swamiji in

Panampilly nagar in Ernakulam who was very cool and

told me that we don't interfere in the school's

matters and hence my sister could not get admission in

the above said school.

In the above school, each teacher gets a quota. They

charge you exhorbitant donations. If the mission

stands for service they should collect donations from

the rich and wealthy and give concessions for the

needy. But it is not happening so.

I personally was associated with the Chinmaya mission

since 1985 while I was a student in Bangalore. But,

after Chinmayanandji swamiji left for his abode, the

matters there are not refreshing anymore.

If one believes in service then it should be done with

a open heart. Hence with regrets Udayabhanuji, I would

say that the mission stands for business and not for

our childre's welfare.

With warm regards.

OM NAMO NARAYANA

VINOD.

--- Udayabhanu Panickar

<udhayabhanupanickar wrote:

> Dear Jayasree Menon,

>

> I just had a conversation with one of the Swami of

> Chinmaya Mission. They have few schools and Swami

> stated that our people should utilize these schools

> more and more. If you visit their website you can

> have more information. As per Swami our people are

> not utilizing this schools to the full extent. Also

> may be if people start using it more they may

> probably open more and more schools.

>

> Here is the web address of one of their site.

> http://www.cirschool.org/

>

> Thanks

>

> Udayabhanu

>

>

>

> Jayasree Menon <euroanuster wrote:

> Hare Krishna !

>

>

>

> I totally agree with Shri Udayabhanuji in this

> regard. But do we not see as parents a good

> education for our children? When it is thought

> of, we find there are very few (compared to

> mission schools) available for our Hindu students

> to study all over India. Probably, focus has to be

> diverted at the appropriate level for improving on

> this situation.

>

> Regards

>

> Jayasree Menon

>

>

>

>

> 2008/5/27 Udayabhanu Panickar

> <udhayabhanupanickar:

>

> Dear Krishna Prasad and others,

>

> In way You are right Krishna Prasad,

>

> But remember that now a days the kids are much more

> exposed to others than to their own parents. So they

> accept more things from others than from their own

> parents.

>

> Another distraction or I should say

> de-constructional attraction is the Secular Media in

> India and The christian media in America. [in

> America almost all of them are Christian and a few

> are Jewish.] Even the Schoolbooks [in America and in

> India] are filled with derogatory messages on our

> culture and our land of origin. Now in America the

> young Children of Indian origin has been given a lot

> of false information about us through schoolbooks,

> which makes them so disillusioned, and they feel

> very ashamed about our culture. {I hope you are all

> aware of the California textbook case and the

> related events. If any of you have school going

> children please pay attention to these events also.}

> This affects the children in every negative way.

> That includes nishkaama bhakthi and other things we

> hold very high in our life also.

>

> To reduce the effects of that false information in

> our children, please keep the flow of information

> (correct information) about our culture going. Keep

> explaining to them all the positive of our culture.

> Show them by examples as Krishna Prasad said in his

> email. Check their schoolbooks and confront them

> with all the derogatory remarks in them and let the

> children have the correct information and let others

> know about them. There are organizations in America

> now that are taken the case of these schoolbooks to

> the courts and the remedial actions are in progress.

> But we cannot rest with out reacting to these

> events. In fact we have to be proactive. So, make

> you informed of all the events related to the

> textbook case, educational developments of the

> children and all other events related to our culture

> and how it is taught in the school systems.

>

> And if possible don't send your children to

> schools run by Christian and Muslim institutions.

> Those institutions, knowingly and/or unknowingly

> spared a lot of negative about our culture.

>

> Thanks.

>

> Udayabhanu Panickar

>

>

>

>

> adidaiveekam <no_reply > wrote:

>

> Hari OM!

> Dear Ashwin,

> All depends on what the children see, WYSWYG (What

> you see What You get)! and grow up.. even if they

> are not able to comprehend now.

> If we practice Nishkama Bhakthi and Spiritual

> discipline, in our home... like Father Mother, and

> all elders, automatically they will also follow

> after a certain Period.

>

> In this context. I remember an incident in the life

> of Sri Ramakrishna Pramahamsar. Which I read long

> back.

> One Mother was always complaining to Sri

> Ramakrishna that, her child is fond of sweets and

> he is overeating sweets.

> Listening to this, Sri Ramakrishna told the Mother

> to come after a month, and he will advise the child

> not to

> take sweet any more.

>

> Mother after a month approached Sri Ramakrishna

> along with the child. Sri Ramakrishna advised

> the child not to take Sweets. Mother had a doubt,

> why Sri Ramakrishna have not told this one month

> before. She asked about this to

> Sri Ramakrishna who replied thus-

> " First I need to stop taking Sweets, then only I

> can advise or give guidance to someone else not to

> take Sweets "

>

> So hope this should be a guideline, in this matter.

> With Love & OM!

> Krishna Prasad

>

> guruvayur , " ashwin_ak "

> <ashwin_ak wrote:

> >

> > I am a guruvayoorappa bhakta. I feel sad when I

> see children not being

> > interested in nishkama bhakthi. What can we do abt

> this?

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Sincerely,

>

> Udayabhanu Panickar

> aum namahh Shivaaya

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> --

> Best regards

>

> Jayasree Menon

> Bangalore

> +9900149461

>

>

>

> market timing, personal leadership are drivers of

> the growth trajectory.

>

>

>

>

>

> Sincerely,

>

> Udayabhanu Panickar

> aum namahh Shivaaya

>

>

>

yours truly

t.k.vinod

-- Best regardsJayasree MenonBangalore+9900149461A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal leadership are drivers of the growth trajectory.

Guest guest

Dear Mr Vinod,It is possible that Chinmaya Mission may have changed since Chinmayanda Swamiji left us. But still we must complain about the treatment they give us. So please give me all the details. I will try with the Swami I have contact to see if some thing can be done to change the way they do things. I am not directly connected with Chinmaya Mission, but I know few of the Swamis of the Mission.Please give me detailed information with dates extra. I can request Swami to look into the case. If they are doing so it is very bad and I think Swami I Spock to is not aware of this. Any time we get treatment like this we must make an official complaint. Please give me all the information such as the date, the persons involved (the name and Title of the school official extra.) I will request Swami to look into it.Without we lodging complaints the problems will not go away. We must act.Thanks.Udayabhanuvinod tk

<tk_vinod2004 wrote: Dear Udayabhanuji, Pranams, Your suggestion of utilizing the Chinmaya schools is an excellent idea for the well-being of our children. But, I would personally like to share with you my experiences when I have approached the Chinmaya schools management for admissions. Chinmaya School, Vaduthala 1)I have approached for the admission of my Managing Director's children who wanted to be shifted from A Public school in Chenrappini in Trissur district to Ernakulam. The

admission was sought for 8th STD and 4th STD.The principal simply showed no interest at all.She didn't even ask us to sit in her office.While talking, we were kept standing as if she was welcoming an unwanted guest. 2)I had approached for the admission of my cousin's children and we were discouraged to the last core by one senior madam whose name I don't want to disclose now.Mind you both the kids were on a transfer from Dehradun and only reason was that their "ENGLISH" was not up to the mark. The admission sought was for 5th STD and 2nd STD. 3)Being my third instance, I went to the Swamiji in Panampilly nagar in Ernakulam who was very cool and told me that we don't interfere in the school's matters and hence my sister could not get admission in the above said school. In the above school, each teacher gets a quota. They charge you exhorbitant donations. If the mission stands for

service they should collect donations from the rich and wealthy and give concessions for the needy. But it is not happening so. I personally was associated with the Chinmaya mission since 1985 while I was a student in Bangalore. But, after Chinmayanandji swamiji left for his abode, the matters there are not refreshing anymore. If one believes in service then it should be done with a open heart. Hence with regrets Udayabhanuji, I would say that the mission stands for business and not for our childre's welfare. With warm regards. OM NAMO NARAYANA VINOD. --- Udayabhanu Panickar <udhayabhanupanickar > wrote: > Dear Jayasree Menon, > > I just had a conversation with one of the Swami of > Chinmaya Mission. They have few schools and Swami > stated that our people should utilize these

schools > more and more. If you visit their website you can > have more information. As per Swami our people are > not utilizing this schools to the full extent. Also > may be if people start using it more they may > probably open more and more schools. > > Here is the web address of one of their site. > http://www.cirschool.org/ > > Thanks > > Udayabhanu > > > > Jayasree Menon <euroanuster > wrote: > Hare Krishna ! > > > > I totally agree with Shri Udayabhanuji in this > regard. But do we not see as parents a good > education for our children? When it is thought > of, we find there are very few (compared to > mission schools) available for our

Hindu students > to study all over India. Probably, focus has to be > diverted at the appropriate level for improving on > this situation. > > Regards > > Jayasree Menon > > > > > 2008/5/27 Udayabhanu Panickar > <udhayabhanupanickar >: > > Dear Krishna Prasad and others, > > In way You are right Krishna Prasad, > > But remember that now a days the kids are much more > exposed to others than to their own parents. So they > accept more things from others than from their own > parents. > > Another distraction or I should say > de-constructional attraction is the Secular Media in > India and The christian media in America. [in > America almost all of them are

Christian and a few > are Jewish.] Even the Schoolbooks [in America and in > India] are filled with derogatory messages on our > culture and our land of origin. Now in America the > young Children of Indian origin has been given a lot > of false information about us through schoolbooks, > which makes them so disillusioned, and they feel > very ashamed about our culture. {I hope you are all > aware of the California textbook case and the > related events. If any of you have school going > children please pay attention to these events also.} > This affects the children in every negative way. > That includes nishkaama bhakthi and other things we > hold very high in our life also. > > To reduce the effects of that false information in > our children, please keep the flow of information > (correct information) about our culture going. Keep >

explaining to them all the positive of our culture. > Show them by examples as Krishna Prasad said in his > email. Check their schoolbooks and confront them > with all the derogatory remarks in them and let the > children have the correct information and let others > know about them. There are organizations in America > now that are taken the case of these schoolbooks to > the courts and the remedial actions are in progress. > But we cannot rest with out reacting to these > events. In fact we have to be proactive. So, make > you informed of all the events related to the > textbook case, educational developments of the > children and all other events related to our culture > and how it is taught in the school systems. > > And if possible don't send your children to > schools run by Christian and Muslim institutions. > Those institutions, knowingly

and/or unknowingly > spared a lot of negative about our culture. > > Thanks. > > Udayabhanu Panickar > > > > > adidaiveekam <no_reply > wrote: > > Hari OM! > Dear Ashwin, > All depends on what the children see, WYSWYG (What > you see What You get)! and grow up.. even if they > are not able to comprehend now. > If we practice Nishkama Bhakthi and Spiritual > discipline, in our home... like Father Mother, and > all elders, automatically they will also follow > after a certain Period. > > In this context. I remember an incident in the life > of Sri Ramakrishna Pramahamsar. Which I read long > back. > One Mother was always complaining to Sri > Ramakrishna that, her child is

fond of sweets and > he is overeating sweets. > Listening to this, Sri Ramakrishna told the Mother > to come after a month, and he will advise the child > not to > take sweet any more. > > Mother after a month approached Sri Ramakrishna > along with the child. Sri Ramakrishna advised > the child not to take Sweets. Mother had a doubt, > why Sri Ramakrishna have not told this one month > before. She asked about this to > Sri Ramakrishna who replied thus- > "First I need to stop taking Sweets, then only I > can advise or give guidance to someone else not to > take Sweets" > > So hope this should be a guideline, in this matter. > With Love & OM! > Krishna Prasad > > guruvayur , "ashwin_ak" > <ashwin_ak

wrote: > > > > I am a guruvayoorappa bhakta. I feel sad when I > see children not being > > interested in nishkama bhakthi. What can we do abt > this? > > > > > > > > > > Sincerely, > > Udayabhanu Panickar > aum namahh Shivaaya > OUR BODY IS THE ABODE OF THE JEEVATMAN, WHICH IS IN > FACT THE PARABRAHMAN. LET US NOT MAKE IT A > GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH. LET US BE > VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY. > > > > > > > > > > > -- > Best regards > > Jayasree Menon > Bangalore > +9900149461 > > > > A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, > market timing, personal leadership

are drivers of > the growth trajectory. > > > > > > Sincerely, > > Udayabhanu Panickar > aum namahh Shivaaya > OUR BODY IS THE ABODE OF THE JEEVATMAN, WHICH IS IN > FACT THE PARABRAHMAN. LET US NOT MAKE IT A > GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH. LET US BE > VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY. > > > yours truly t.k.vinod Sincerely,Udayabhanu Panickaraum namahh ShivaayaOUR BODY IS THE ABODE OF THE JEEVATMAN, WHICH IS IN FACT THE PARABRAHMAN. LET US NOT MAKE IT A GRAVEYARD.

LET US NOT EAT FLESH. LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY.

Guest guest

Dear Ms Jayasree Menon,If you have somebody for admission let me know well in advance all the information. This way I can approch Swami with all the information and he can contact who ever he has to contact.Thanks.Jayasree Menon <euroanuster wrote: Hare Krishna,Pranam Udayabhanuji,Probably things are to be set right appropriately. If the Swamiji to whom you spoke could lead those who are in trouble for admissions, we bangaloreans would probably approach him for admissions, for sure. Hari

Om!Jayasree Menon 2008/5/29 vinod tk <tk_vinod2004 >: Dear Udayabhanuji, Pranams, Your suggestion of utilizing the Chinmaya schools is an excellent idea for the well-being of our children. But, I would personally like to share with you my experiences when I have approached the Chinmaya schools management for admissions. Chinmaya School, Vaduthala 1)I have approached for the admission of my Managing Director's children who wanted to be shifted from A Public school in Chenrappini in Trissur district to Ernakulam. The admission was sought for 8th STD and 4th STD.The principal simply showed no interest at

all.She didn't even ask us to sit in her office.While talking, we were kept standing as if she was welcoming an unwanted guest. 2)I had approached for the admission of my cousin's children and we were discouraged to the last core by one senior madam whose name I don't want to disclose now.Mind you both the kids were on a transfer from Dehradun and only reason was that their "ENGLISH" was not up to the mark. The admission sought was for 5th STD and 2nd STD. 3)Being my third instance, I went to the Swamiji in Panampilly nagar in Ernakulam who was very cool and told me that we don't interfere in the school's matters and hence my sister could not get admission in the above said school. In the above school, each teacher gets a quota. They charge you exhorbitant donations. If the mission stands for service they should collect donations from the rich and wealthy and give concessions for the

needy. But it is not happening so. I personally was associated with the Chinmaya mission since 1985 while I was a student in Bangalore. But, after Chinmayanandji swamiji left for his abode, the matters there are not refreshing anymore. If one believes in service then it should be done with a open heart. Hence with regrets Udayabhanuji, I would say that the mission stands for business and not for our childre's welfare. With warm regards. OM NAMO NARAYANA VINOD. --- Udayabhanu Panickar <udhayabhanupanickar > wrote: > Dear Jayasree Menon, > > I just had a conversation with one of the Swami of > Chinmaya Mission. They have few schools and Swami > stated that our people should utilize these schools > more and more. If you visit their

website you can > have more information. As per Swami our people are > not utilizing this schools to the full extent. Also > may be if people start using it more they may > probably open more and more schools. > > Here is the web address of one of their site. > http://www.cirschool.org/ > > Thanks > > Udayabhanu > > > > Jayasree Menon <euroanuster > wrote: > Hare Krishna ! > > > > I totally agree with Shri Udayabhanuji in this > regard. But do we not see as parents a good > education for our children? When it is thought > of, we find there are very few (compared to > mission schools) available for our Hindu students

> to study all over India. Probably, focus has to be > diverted at the appropriate level for improving on > this situation. > > Regards > > Jayasree Menon > > > > > 2008/5/27 Udayabhanu Panickar > <udhayabhanupanickar >: > > Dear Krishna Prasad and others, > > In way You are right Krishna Prasad, > > But remember that now a days the kids are much more > exposed to others than to their own parents. So they > accept more things from others than from their own > parents. > > Another distraction or I should say > de-constructional attraction is the Secular Media in > India and The christian media in America. [in > America almost all of them are

Christian and a few > are Jewish.] Even the Schoolbooks [in America and in > India] are filled with derogatory messages on our > culture and our land of origin. Now in America the > young Children of Indian origin has been given a lot > of false information about us through schoolbooks, > which makes them so disillusioned, and they feel > very ashamed about our culture. {I hope you are all > aware of the California textbook case and the > related events. If any of you have school going > children please pay attention to these events also.} > This affects the children in every negative way. > That includes nishkaama bhakthi and other things we > hold very high in our life also. > > To reduce the effects of that false information in > our children, please keep the flow of information > (correct information) about our culture going. Keep >

explaining to them all the positive of our culture. > Show them by examples as Krishna Prasad said in his > email. Check their schoolbooks and confront them > with all the derogatory remarks in them and let the > children have the correct information and let others > know about them. There are organizations in America > now that are taken the case of these schoolbooks to > the courts and the remedial actions are in progress. > But we cannot rest with out reacting to these > events. In fact we have to be proactive. So, make > you informed of all the events related to the > textbook case, educational developments of the > children and all other events related to our culture > and how it is taught in the school systems. > > And if possible don't send your children to > schools run by Christian and Muslim institutions. > Those institutions, knowingly

and/or unknowingly > spared a lot of negative about our culture. > > Thanks. > > Udayabhanu Panickar > > > > > adidaiveekam <no_reply > wrote: > > Hari OM! > Dear Ashwin, > All depends on what the children see, WYSWYG (What > you see What You get)! and grow up.. even if they > are not able to comprehend now. > If we practice Nishkama Bhakthi and Spiritual > discipline, in our home... like Father Mother, and > all elders, automatically they will also follow > after a certain Period. > > In this context. I remember an incident in the life > of Sri Ramakrishna Pramahamsar. Which I read long > back. > One Mother was always complaining to Sri > Ramakrishna

that, her child is fond of sweets and > he is overeating sweets. > Listening to this, Sri Ramakrishna told the Mother > to come after a month, and he will advise the child > not to > take sweet any more. > > Mother after a month approached Sri Ramakrishna > along with the child. Sri Ramakrishna advised > the child not to take Sweets. Mother had a doubt, > why Sri Ramakrishna have not told this one month > before. She asked about this to > Sri Ramakrishna who replied thus- > "First I need to stop taking Sweets, then only I > can advise or give guidance to someone else not to > take Sweets" > > So hope this should be a guideline, in this matter. > With Love & OM! > Krishna Prasad > > guruvayur ,

"ashwin_ak" > <ashwin_ak wrote: > > > > I am a guruvayoorappa bhakta. I feel sad when I > see children not being > > interested in nishkama bhakthi. What can we do abt > this? > > > > > > > > > > Sincerely, > > Udayabhanu Panickar > aum namahh Shivaaya > OUR BODY IS THE ABODE OF THE JEEVATMAN, WHICH IS IN > FACT THE PARABRAHMAN. LET US NOT MAKE IT A > GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH. LET US BE > VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY. > > > > > > > > > > > -- > Best regards > > Jayasree Menon > Bangalore > +9900149461 > > > > A well-thought out plan, execution

excellence, > market timing, personal leadership are drivers of > the growth trajectory. > > > > > > Sincerely, > > Udayabhanu Panickar > aum namahh Shivaaya > OUR BODY IS THE ABODE OF THE JEEVATMAN, WHICH IS IN > FACT THE PARABRAHMAN. LET US NOT MAKE IT A > GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH. LET US BE > VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY. > > > yours truly t.k.vinod -- Best regardsJayasree MenonBangalore+9900149461A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal leadership are drivers of the growth trajectory. Sincerely,Udayabhanu Panickaraum namahh ShivaayaOUR BODY IS THE ABODE OF THE JEEVATMAN, WHICH IS IN FACT THE PARABRAHMAN. LET US NOT MAKE IT A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH. LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY.