IndiaDivine.org

Be Happy with what we have... Yogi's Cloth

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hari OM!

Dear Nara Narayanas!

Yogi's Cloth

A young yogi lived by the side of the river. His life was simple and carefree; he practiced yoga almost all day long. Because he had no other responsibilities, he had plenty of time to sit peacefully with closed eyes, his thoughts fixed on the Lord within the heart. This was his daily meditation. One day, after bathing in the river, he washed his only piece of cloth and lay it out on the rocky bank. While waiting for it to dry, a thought crossed his mind, "I am wasting time waiting for this. If I had another piece of cloth I could get dressed right away." Just then an old sadhu (a wise man) passed by. This sadhu was able to read the thoughts of others. He stopped and spoke with the young yogi. "My dear son, I know what is on your mind. You want to save time. But rather than collecting more and more possessions, it's better to be happy with what you have." He then offered the yogi his blessings and continued on his way. The young yogi pondered the sadhu's advice, but decided that just one extra cloth was not too much to desire. So he went to the marketplace and bought one. The next day he bathed in the river as usual, washed his cloth and put it on the rock to dry. Then he put on his nice new cloth and went to perform his meditation. Later in the day, when he came back, he discovered that a hungry mouse had nibbled holes in his old cloth. At first he was dismayed, but then thought, "I know! I'll get a cat to chase away the mouse". He went to the market once again and bought a cat. He spent the next day very happily and peacefully meditating. But, as evening approached, the cat began to miaow because it was hungry, disturbing the yogi.

So Moral of the story.. I hope no need to explain that. readers themselves might have known by this time.

May Guruvayurappan Bless You all.

With Love & OM!

Krishna Prasad

Guest guest

There is a sequel to this story. The sannyasi wanted milk for the cat and bought a cow and to look after the cow he got a wife. and became aregular samsari. Then onreday the sadhu who came first and advised him not to yearn for any more possessions came that way and this man paid obeissance to him and the sadhu asked, what happaened to the sannyasi who was her formerly/ The amn replied, "it is all due to a loincloth." Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit. www.freewebs.com/asrama3

Guest guest

Hare Krishna !!Dear PrasadjiWow !! What a great presentation in a simple way. Keep it up !Om Namo Narayanaya !!regards 2008/6/5 adidaiveekam <no_reply >:

Hari OM!

Dear Nara Narayanas!

Yogi's Cloth

A young yogi lived by the side of the river. His life was simple and carefree; he practiced yoga almost all day long. Because he had no other responsibilities, he had plenty of time to sit peacefully with closed eyes, his thoughts fixed on the Lord within the heart. This was his daily meditation. One day, after bathing in the river, he washed his only piece of cloth and lay it out on the rocky bank. While waiting for it to dry, a thought crossed his mind, " I am wasting time waiting for this. If I had another piece of cloth I could get dressed right away. " Just then an old sadhu (a wise man) passed by. This sadhu was able to read the thoughts of others. He stopped and spoke with the young yogi. " My dear son, I know what is on your mind. You want to save time. But rather than collecting more and more possessions, it's better to be happy with what you have. " He then offered the yogi his blessings and continued on his way. The young yogi pondered the sadhu's advice, but decided that just one extra cloth was not too much to desire. So he went to the marketplace and bought one. The next day he bathed in the river as usual, washed his cloth and put it on the rock to dry. Then he put on his nice new cloth and went to perform his meditation. Later in the day, when he came back, he discovered that a hungry mouse had nibbled holes in his old cloth. At first he was dismayed, but then thought, " I know! I'll get a cat to chase away the mouse " . He went to the market once again and bought a cat. He spent the next day very happily and peacefully meditating. But, as evening approached, the cat began to miaow because it was hungry, disturbing the yogi.

So Moral of the story.. I hope no need to explain that. readers themselves might have known by this time.

May Guruvayurappan Bless You all.

With Love & OM!

Krishna Prasad

-- Best regardsJayasree MenonBangalore+9900149461A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal leadership are drivers of the growth trajectory.