IndiaDivine.org

Namasthe- Dattathreya namosthuthe

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear All,

There are thousands and thousands of Gurus more in this universe and that is why this Universe is called Viswa Vidyaalayam. Dattathreya taught us to see the world as a vidyaalayam or university and learn all the positive aspects of each and every living and nonliving entities. I am imagining the University founded by Dattathreya to be something like this:

Name of the University: Viswa Vidyaalaya or Universal Temple of Knoweldge.

Founder of the University: Lord Dattathreya

University Vice Chancellor- God

Location of the campus - Earth.

Students- All humans irrespective of religion

Teachers- Innumerable professors and assistant professors like the 24 gurus of Lord Dattathreya. Even the body of ours is a Guru because by realizing that it is subjected to birth and death, we try to accept that nothing is eternal except " anaswara Bhagavan " .

Laboratory - Human minds where all kinds of research and experiments are done.

Departments: Loukikam ( material) , Aadhyaatmikam (spiritual) and Loukiaadhyaatmikam (material-spiritual)

Subjects taught in Material department: All subjects that help to survive in this material world of kamam, krodham, lobham, moham, madam and maatsaryam. Trains to perform all karmaas or actions focusing on the results or desiring for the fruits of actions.

Subjects taught in the Aadhyaatmika Departement: All subjects that help to develop detachment with the material world. Teaches to perform karma as karma yogam with out focusing on the results of the actions or perform all the actions as an offering to God with out thinking about the results of the action.

Subjects taught in the Loukikaadhyaatmika Department: Teaches subjects that help to survive in the material world and at the same time also teaches to actively pursue spiritual journey. When a student is ready for concentrating only on the spiritual aspects of life, all spiritual credits accumulated can be transferred to the spiritual department and graduate to salvation in this janma or several janmaas depending on the intensity of devotion. If a student desires to concentrate more on the material aspects of life, there is option to transfer all material credits to material department and stay there to go through the never ending cycle of birth and death.

Admission requirements: any human being with a thirst for any kind of knowledge -material or spiritual.

Age limit- from infant to the ripe age of 120 years are admitted.

Timing of classes- 24 hours

Fees- Commitment

It is interesting to note that spiritual-material department is busier than other two departments and number of students enrolled is far more in this department.

I offer all these discussions as they are ( possibly with numerous mistakes) at His lotus feet! With His apaara kaarunyam ( endless mercy) let all my jalpanaas (babblings) become japa. Let a very tiny portion of his kaarunyam shown on Ratnaakara in changing the " mara " japam into " rama " Japam forgive me for any mistakes and guide me in the right direction. I conclude with a prayer to Lord Dattathreya:

Adou brahma madhye Vishnu:

Anthe deva Sada Siva

Moorthy thraya swaroopaaya

Dattathreya namosthuthe

Pranaamams to Dathathreya,

Who in the beginning is brahma as the God of creation,

Who in the middle is Vishnu as the Lord of sustenance,

Who in the end is Shiva as the Lord of annihilation,

And who is the Lord who represents the trinity.

Regards and prayers

savitri