IndiaDivine.org

Namasthe- Unconditional love

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear all,This is a story about Krishna, Rukmini and Sathyabhama. Krishna wanted to test who loves him more, Rukmini or Sathybhama. One day Krishna did not get up in the morning at the usual time and when Rukmini and Sathyabhama came to see him after their morning routine, he was still in bed. So both of them were really concerned and enquired what was wrong with their beloved husband. He said he had severe stomach ache and they were very sad to see him wriggling with pain. They sent for the court bhishagwaran (king's doctor) and he came immediately. After checking his vital signs, he told them that his life was not in danger. He had severe stomach pain due to some infection and the doctor told that he had a special medicine for that. Krishna can only be cured by administering the water used for washing the feet of Rukmini or Sathybhama with a special medicine powder.

Krishna was wriggling with pain and requested Sathyabhama first to wash her feet with water and give that to Him after mixing the medicine. Sathybhama was very reluctant to do that because she believed that giving the water after washing her feet to Bhagavan is definitely a sin. She was not only afraid to commit the sin, but also was afraid of what people would think about her when they know that she gave the water used for washing her feet to beloved Krishna. So she said, " Lord, it is paapam to give you that and if I do I will definitely go to hell. So please do not make me commit such a terrible paapam. You are my Lord and how can I give the dirty water for you to drink? Please request the doctor to suggest an alternate solution. "

Krishna then turned to Rukmini and requested the same thing. With out even hesitating for a moment, Rukmini washed her feet with some water and gave it to Krishna after mixing that with the medicine. When He drank that, immediately His pain was gone and he blessed Rukmini saying that her love for him is greater than any body's love. She was not worried about her paapam or what others would think of her, but her only interest was to see her husband free of pain. His welfare was the only thing she wanted and for that she was ready to do any thing. She could not see him suffering and she was ready to offer what ever is necessary to alleviate His pain.

" I, me and mine " greatly dilutes our love for others and puts conditions. But Rukmini's was unconditional love. I have heard other versions of the story, but my mother told us this version when we were young and so I am sharing that with you.

Regards and prayerssavitri