IndiaDivine.org

Lord Rama and Hanumanji

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Savitriji, Could you tell us the source of this interesting sloka? Is this from Valmiki Ramayana? which KaaNDam / chapter?thanks,-sriram--- On Fri, 6/20/08, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram wrote:Savitri Puram <savitriopuram[Guruvayur] Lord Rama and HanumanjiFriday, June 20, 2008, 4:32 PM

Dear All,

Sri Rama bhagavan knows Aanjaneya swami's bhakthi very well. But one day he asked Hanumanji how he saw Him or how he understood Him. Hanumanji did not have to wait for a second to give the following answer, which can come only from the greatest devotee of Sri Rama Bhagavan:

Dehabhaave thu daasoham

Jeevabhaave thwadamshaka:

Aatmabhaave twamaevaaham

iti mae nischitha mathi:

When I identify myself with my body, then I am your daasa or servant; when I identify myself with jeevatma, then I am your amsham or I am part of you; when I identify myself with paramaatma, I become you or we become one. Lord! this is all the knowledge about you that comes to my mind.

Sri Rama Bhagavan was very pleased with the answer and embraced Hanumanji, his greatest devotee and told him : Aanjaneya! I am a devotee of my devotees- aham bhaktha bhakthimaan.

Regards and prayers

Savitri

Guest guest

Dear Sriramji,

To be honest with you, I do not know whether this is from Valmiki Ramaayana. I saw this in an advertisement about raamaayana prabhaashanam and wrote down the slokam because I liked the meaning very much. I will try to do some research and and will let you know if I am successful.

Meanwhile I am sure somebody like Sarojamji or K.V.G Ji with a deep knowledge of Puraanaas will be able to help us.

Regards and prayers

Savitri

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 12:56 PM, SRIRAM SUBRAMANIAN <abheri wrote:

Savitriji, Could you tell us the source of this interesting sloka? Is this from Valmiki Ramayana? which KaaNDam / chapter?thanks,-sriram--- On Fri, 6/20/08, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram wrote:

Savitri Puram <savitriopuram[Guruvayur] Lord Rama and Hanumanji

Friday, June 20, 2008, 4:32 PM

Dear All,

Sri Rama bhagavan knows Aanjaneya swami's bhakthi very well. But one day he asked Hanumanji how he saw Him or how he understood Him. Hanumanji did not have to wait for a second to give the following answer, which can come only from the greatest devotee of Sri Rama Bhagavan:

Dehabhaave thu daasoham

Jeevabhaave thwadamshaka:

Aatmabhaave twamaevaaham

iti mae nischitha mathi:

When I identify myself with my body, then I am your daasa or servant; when I identify myself with jeevatma, then I am your amsham or I am part of you; when I identify myself with paramaatma, I become you or we become one. Lord! this is all the knowledge about you that comes to my mind.

Sri Rama Bhagavan was very pleased with the answer and embraced Hanumanji, his greatest devotee and told him : Aanjaneya! I am a devotee of my devotees- aham bhaktha bhakthimaan.

Regards and prayers

Savitri