IndiaDivine.org

Namasthe- spiritual nourishment

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear all,

There were two people who were going to a temple regularly for several years and they were good friends. One of them Ram, was not sure why he was going to the temple, listen to the discourses, offer archanaas and naivedyam etc, but he always did. The other person Govind believed that everything good or bad happened in his life was as per God's decision and there was a reason for everything.

One day Ram told Govind: " I do not know why I keep going to the temple and it does not make any sense to me to go there and listen to the discourses and manthraas because once I leave the temple, I forget about everything I heard. I cannot remember or retain what I heard. I feel that I know so little about God and I am the least benefitted. I am frustrated.

Then Govind said: I also have been going to the temple for the last several years. I have been married for 30 years. During that time, my wife has cooked probably 40,000 meals for the family. I do not remember what she made for every meal or other details. But one thing I know is that all the meals she served gave me health and strength I needed to be a bread winner. It nourished me through out my life. Whether I remember or not, with out those meals, my body would not have gotten the nourishment.

Like wise, if I had not gone to the temple for surrendering myself at the feet of Lord, I would have been spiritually dead today. We assimilate with out our knowledge. That is why shaastraas glorify the importance of satsangam. Your ability to realize that you do not know anything inspite of of your listening to discourses it self is a spiritual gift. This humble attitude and desire to know more came from your going to the temple, prayers and listening to the discourses. Your humility is the direct blessing of God and that means you are progressing well. "

What do we know about the " anantha anjaatha avarnaneeyam " chaitanyam with in us? " When we are down to nothing… God is up to something! Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and receives the impossible! "

The story of Narranatthu Branthan is very much related to this idea.

Regards and prayers

savitri