IndiaDivine.org

Most Important sloka/yoga in Geetha

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya.Dear Sreevidyaji, thanks for raising this question. Below I reproduce a write-up from Prof V Krishnamurthy on this subject, with his permission. You will see that the slokas throw light on the yogas too. If you had to memorize one sloka from the Geeta, it would surely have to be chapter 11, sloka 55 or chapter 9, sloka 27.Profji is an Advaitin,a professor of mathematics (retired), and devotes lot of time in the advaitin/advaita groups (where this post originally appeared), sharing his knowledge. He is also a member of our guruvayoor group but is not very active here.You can find more details about him at the website mentioned below this piece. If you browse through our back issues of Navaneetham, there is a very nice article from him on Jadaa

Bharata.________________________9.27

yat karosi yad asnasiyaj juhosi dadasi yatyat tapasyasi kaunteyatat kurusva mad-arpanam11.55mat-karma-krn mat-paramomad-bhaktah sanga-varjitahnirvairah sarva-bhutesuyah sa mam eti pandava"The sloka number 9.27 is a key sloka. It is a spiritual recipe fordaily living, that includes the secular living also. In fact thesloka contains the essence of the entire Gita.“Whatever you do, whatever you consume or experience, whatever you offer to deities (through Fire or otherwise), whatever you give away or renounce, whatever you perform (with or without an end in view) -- do all this in dedication to Me” – says theLord.I have said elsewhere that Sloka No.55 of Ch. 11 contains, asper the commentary of Adi Sankara himself, the essence of the entire Gita. We shall see below the parallelism of the two slokas.Sloka No.55 of 11th chapter says: “ Be engaged in actionsdedicated to Me, Have Me as your ultimate goal, Devote yourwhole to Me, Avoid all attachment, Develop an attitude of ‘NoHate’ to any being – He (who behaves this way) will reach Me”.WHATEVER YOU DO, - ‘yat karoShi’ - DO IT IN DEDICATION TO HIM.In other words all your engagement in actions must be indedication to Him. This is karma yoga.WHATEVER YOU CONSUME OR EXPERIENCE, - ‘yad-ashnAsi’ - DEDICATE IT TO HIM. In other words there is nothing that you experience for yourself. Whether it is joy or sorrow, whether you enjoy or suffer, it is all His. It is not only His will but also Hisexperience, not yours, because He is in you and there is nothingelse in you. This is the meaning of being devoted wholly to Himand still living a life. This is the life of bhakti. ‘yad ashnAsi, tat kuruShva mad-arpaNaM’ (sloka 9-27) therefore is what ‘mad-bhaktaH’ of 11-55 means. This is bhakti yoga; andmore, it is advaita-bhakti.WHATEVER YOU OFFER TO DEITIES – ‘yaj-juhoShi’ - THROUGH FIRE OR OTHERWISE, DEDICATE IT TO HIM. This implies, there is no other object for your worship, reverence or care. He is the goal; He is the refuge. That is what the Lord says by the words ‘mat-paramaH’ in Sloka 11-55. This is the Surrender theory of the Gita.WHATEVER YOU PERFORM - ‘yat tapasyasi’ - WITH OR WITHOUT AN END IN VIEW, DEDICATE IT TO HIM. This performance is tapas; meaning, enduring the ‘shrama’ (effort or ‘pain’) while performing. Doing something for the sake of some noble cause or someone whom you revere, is tapas. Even ordinary acts of a difficult daily commuting is also a tapas, if you adopt the attitude of dedication to the cause that motivates you to undertake the journey. All this has to be dedicated to Him, because if you have no end in view, that is already a dedication, and if you have an end in view, dedication to Him means you are not attached to that end in view. Thus the whole process is asAdhanA (practice) for detachment. This is the ‘sanga-varjitaH’of Sloka 11-55. This is the yoga-sAdhanA or the control of thesenses. That is surely one of the five major teachings of theGita. WHATEVER YOU GIVE AWAY OR RENOUNCE, - ‘yad-dadAsi’ - DEDICATE IT AS WELL AS THE ACTION, TO HIM. Because nothing belongs to you, really. Everything belongs to Him. Even when you are giving or renouncing, you are renouncing what you think you have, but in reality you do not have. Nothing belongs to you or to anybody. Therefore there is no reason to bear even an iota of ill-will to anybody, even when you feel, in the worldly sense,that the other person is possessing what you think must be, orshould have been, in your possession. Love every one; and moreimportantly, hate no one. This is the attitude of equanimity –‘samadR^iShTi’ - that is the hallmark-teaching of the Gita.It requires you to renounce every feeling of ill-will. The Lorddescribes it in Sloka 11-55 as ‘nirvairas-sarva-bhUteShu’. Thisequanimity is also mentioned repeatedly in the Gita as‘brahma-bhAva’ or ‘brahma-samsparshaM’, the attitude of seeingeverything and every one as Brahman, the Supreme.Thus all the five major teachings of the Gita, namely, (i) doingone’s actions in dedication to God, (ii) advaita-bhakti, (iii)the surrender of even one’s will to God, (iv) control of thesenses through a discipline of dispassion and (v) brahma-bhAvaor the attitude of seeing Him in everything -- all these, arecontained in this single sloka, sloka No.27 of Chapter 9 as alsoin the single sloka, sloka No.55 of Chapter 11."_Profji also has a nice piece on Geeta 3.30 another key sloka. I will send it out in the next post. You can read more of Profji's works at http://www.geocities.com/profvk/ .This site has an amazing collection of thought provoking pieces on various aspects of Hinduism. Sarvam Sree Krishnaaya samarpayami.--- On Fri, 6/27/08, Sreevidya Menon

<sreemenon23 wrote:Sreevidya Menon <sreemenon23Re: [Guruvayur] Most Important Yoga in Bhagavat Geethaguruvayur Date: Friday, June 27, 2008, 12:29 AM

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Thanks a lot for your valuable guidance.

Sreevidya Menon

OM NAMO BHAGAVATHE VASUDEVAYA

--- On Wed, 6/25/08, SREENIVASAN SUBRAMANIAM <drsreenivasan@ gmail.com> wrote:

SREENIVASAN SUBRAMANIAM <drsreenivasan@ gmail.com>Re: [Guruvayur] Most Important Yoga in Bhagavat Geethaguruvayur@grou ps.comWednesday, June 25, 2008, 11:56 PM

Bhakthi yoga is the essence of Gita and Bhagavatham. ..Ananyaam chinthayanthomam ye jaana paryupasaathe. .theshaam nithyabhiyukthanaam yogashemam vahamyaham.. .THIS IS KRISHNAAS GURANTEE TO US IN GITA...I WILL PROTECT MY DEVOTEE ALWAYS WITH ALL HIS BELONGINGS.. .AND I WILL GIVE TO HIM WHAT HE DOES NOT HAVE...MY DEVOTEE NEVER LACKS ANYTHING...MY DEVOTEE NEVER FAILS AND MY DEVOTEE IS DEAR TO ME..you can read online bhagavath geetha with meaning by srila prabhupadha swamy the best i have read it is simple language with nectar of devotion ITS TITLED BHAGAVATH GEETHA AS IT IShttp://www.prabhupa davani.org/

On 6/25/08, Sreevidya Menon <sreemenon23@ > wrote:

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Can anyone guide me about the most important Yoga/sloka in Bhagavat Geetha?

Thanks,

Sreevidya menon

OM NAMO VASUDEVAYA

Guest guest

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Thank you Veenaji. You have given a lot of information through your mailand the link http://www.geocities.com/profvk/ that is given.

I used to be tongue-tided sometimes when some of my friends tell about the idolworship and the different types of "abhishekam" that are being done in temples.The information given in that link gave me lots of answers for the same.

Some of our 'Purana' stories are being misinterpreted and misunderstood by many of us.My 10 year old son asked me last year 'why did MAHAVISHNU punished Mahabali by pushing him into Pathala with HIS leg on his head? Mahabali was a great king who was very generous, noble and treated all the people well, there was no poverty in his country, and just because Devas got jealous and scared of his greatness, MahaVishnu pushed him with HIS leg on his head to Pathala.

That time my mother said that is not correct. In ancient times, in 'Gurukula samprathayam' when the disciples leave the Gurukulam after completing their studies, Guru used to bless them by keeping his right hand on their head. But guru bless the most favourite disciple by keeping his leg on the head and that type of blessing was considered as the most valuable

and precious one by everybody. Similarly since Mahabali was that much great and noble king, MahaVshnu liked him very much and infact HE blessed Mahabali by keeping HIS leg on his head and gave him a whole world called 'Pathala'.

Many people used to use the name "Sreekrisha" in a different meaning to teasesome kind of men just because Bhagavan Sreekrishna has 16008 wives. Actually those wives are not the human beings, they are the different types of "ragas" of music.

These informations she heared from one 'Bhagavatha Saptaham' long back.Kindly correct me if I have mentioned here are not accurate.

There are lots of other stories of our Puranas which are misunderstood by many of us. Hope some of knowledgable members can correct us.

OM NAMO VASUDEVAYA

Sreevidya Menon--- On Fri, 6/27/08, Veena <veeus18 wrote:

Veena <veeus18Re: [Guruvayur] Most Important sloka/yoga in Geethaguruvayur Cc: profvkDate: Friday, June 27, 2008, 7:13 AM

Om Namo Narayanaya.Dear Sreevidyaji, thanks for raising this question. Below I reproduce a write-up from Prof V Krishnamurthy on this subject, with his permission. You will see that the slokas throw light on the yogas too. If you had to memorize one sloka from the Geeta, it would surely have to be chapter 11, sloka 55 or chapter 9, sloka 27.Profji is an Advaitin,a professor of mathematics (retired), and devotes lot of time in the advaitin/advaita groups (where this post originally appeared), sharing his knowledge. He is also a member of our guruvayoor group but is not very active here.You can find more details about him at the website mentioned below this piece. If you browse through our back issues of Navaneetham, there is a very nice article from him on Jadaa Bharata.____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ________

yat karosi yad asnasiyaj juhosi dadasi yatyat tapasyasi kaunteyatat kurusva mad-arpanam

mat-karma-krn mat-paramomad-bhaktah sanga-varjitahnirvairah sarva-bhutesuyah sa mam eti pandava

"The sloka number 9.27 is a key sloka. It is a spiritual recipe fordaily living, that includes the secular living also. In fact thesloka contains the essence of the entire Gita.“Whatever you do, whatever you consume or experience, whatever you offer to deities (through Fire or otherwise), whatever you give away or renounce, whatever you perform (with or without an end in view) -- do all this in dedication to Me” – says theLord.I have said elsewhere that Sloka No.55 of Ch. 11 contains, asper the commentary of Adi Sankara himself, the essence of the entire Gita. We shall see below the parallelism of the two slokas.Sloka No.55 of 11th chapter says: “ Be engaged in actionsdedicated to Me, Have Me as your ultimate goal, Devote yourwhole to Me, Avoid all attachment, Develop an attitude of ‘NoHate’ to any being – He (who behaves this way) will reach

Me”.WHATEVER YOU DO, - ‘yat karoShi’ - DO IT IN DEDICATION TO HIM.In other words all your engagement in actions must be indedication to Him. This is karma yoga.WHATEVER YOU CONSUME OR EXPERIENCE, - ‘yad-ashnAsi’ - DEDICATE IT TO HIM. In other words there is nothing that you experience for yourself. Whether it is joy or sorrow, whether you enjoy or suffer, it is all His. It is not only His will but also Hisexperience, not yours, because He is in you and there is nothingelse in you. This is the meaning of being devoted wholly to Himand still living a life. This is the life of bhakti. ‘yad ashnAsi, tat kuruShva mad-arpaNaM’ (sloka 9-27) therefore is what ‘mad-bhaktaH’ of 11-55 means. This is bhakti yoga; andmore, it is advaita-bhakti.WHATEVER YOU OFFER TO DEITIES – ‘yaj-juhoShi’ - THROUGH FIRE OR OTHERWISE, DEDICATE IT TO HIM. This implies, there is no other object for your

worship, reverence or care. He is the goal; He is the refuge. That is what the Lord says by the words ‘mat-paramaH’ in Sloka 11-55. This is the Surrender theory of the Gita.WHATEVER YOU PERFORM - ‘yat tapasyasi’ - WITH OR WITHOUT AN END IN VIEW, DEDICATE IT TO HIM. This performance is tapas; meaning, enduring the ‘shrama’ (effort or ‘pain’) while performing. Doing something for the sake of some noble cause or someone whom you revere, is tapas. Even ordinary acts of a difficult daily commuting is also a tapas, if you adopt the attitude of dedication to the cause that motivates you to undertake the journey. All this has to be dedicated to Him, because if you have no end in view, that is already a dedication, and if you have an end in view, dedication to Him means you are not attached to that end in view. Thus the whole process is asAdhanA (practice) for detachment. This is the ‘sanga-varjitaH’of Sloka 11-55. This is the

yoga-sAdhanA or the control of thesenses. That is surely one of the five major teachings of theGita. WHATEVER YOU GIVE AWAY OR RENOUNCE, - ‘yad-dadAsi’ - DEDICATE IT AS WELL AS THE ACTION, TO HIM. Because nothing belongs to you, really. Everything belongs to Him. Even when you are giving or renouncing, you are renouncing what you think you have, but in reality you do not have. Nothing belongs to you or to anybody. Therefore there is no reason to bear even an iota of ill-will to anybody, even when you feel, in the worldly sense,that the other person is possessing what you think must be, orshould have been, in your possession. Love every one; and moreimportantly, hate no one. This is the attitude of equanimity –‘samadR^iShTi’ - that is the hallmark-teaching of the Gita.It requires you to renounce every feeling of ill-will. The Lorddescribes it in Sloka 11-55 as ‘nirvairas-sarva- bhUteShu’.

Thisequanimity is also mentioned repeatedly in the Gita as‘brahma-bhAva’ or ‘brahma-samsparshaM’ , the attitude of seeingeverything and every one as Brahman, the Supreme.Thus all the five major teachings of the Gita, namely, (i) doingone’s actions in dedication to God, (ii) advaita-bhakti, (iii)the surrender of even one’s will to God, (iv) control of thesenses through a discipline of dispassion and (v) brahma-bhAvaor the attitude of seeing Him in everything -- all these, arecontained in this single sloka, sloka No.27 of Chapter 9 as alsoin the single sloka, sloka No.55 of Chapter 11."____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ___Profji also has a nice piece on Geeta 3.30 another key sloka. I will send it out in the next post. You can read more of Profji's works at http://www.geocitie s.com/profvk/ .This site has an amazing collection of thought provoking pieces on various aspects of Hinduism. Sarvam Sree Krishnaaya samarpayami.--- On Fri, 6/27/08, Sreevidya Menon <sreemenon23@ > wrote:

Sreevidya Menon <sreemenon23@ >Re: [Guruvayur] Most Important Yoga in Bhagavat Geethaguruvayur@grou ps.comFriday, June 27, 2008, 12:29 AM

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Sreevidya Menon

SREENIVASAN SUBRAMANIAM <drsreenivasan@ gmail.com>Re: [Guruvayur] Most Important Yoga in Bhagavat Geethaguruvayur@grou ps.comWednesday, June 25, 2008, 11:56 PM

Bhakthi yoga is the essence of Gita and Bhagavatham. ..Ananyaam chinthayanthomam ye jaana paryupasaathe. .theshaam nithyabhiyukthanaam yogashemam vahamyaham.. .THIS IS KRISHNAAS GURANTEE TO US IN GITA...I WILL PROTECT MY DEVOTEE ALWAYS WITH ALL HIS BELONGINGS.. .AND I WILL GIVE TO HIM WHAT HE DOES NOT HAVE...MY DEVOTEE NEVER LACKS ANYTHING...MY DEVOTEE NEVER FAILS AND MY DEVOTEE IS DEAR TO ME..you can read online bhagavath geetha with meaning by srila prabhupadha swamy the best i have read it is simple language with nectar of devotion ITS TITLED BHAGAVATH GEETHA AS IT IShttp://www.prabhupa davani.org/

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Thanks,

Sreevidya menon

OM NAMO VASUDEVAYA

Guest guest

HARI AUM

I always said-members of this group know pretty much about spirituality-be it Bhagavatam, Ramayanam, Kathopanishad or the 'Gita'. Hope more and more sharing of such knowledge will happen in the group.

Coming out with personal understandings of 'gita', I feel will immensely help in bringing a balance to LIFE.

Regards

Balagopal

NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA--- On Sat, 28/6/08, Sreevidya Menon <sreemenon23 wrote:

Sreevidya Menon <sreemenon23Re: [Guruvayur] Most Important sloka/yoga in Geethaguruvayur Date: Saturday, 28 June, 2008, 8:58 PM

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Thank you Veenaji. You have given a lot of information through your mailand the link http://www.geocitie s.com/profvk/ that is given.

I used to be tongue-tided sometimes when some of my friends tell about the idolworship and the different types of "abhishekam" that are being done in temples.The information given in that link gave me lots of answers for the same.

Some of our 'Purana' stories are being misinterpreted and misunderstood by many of us.My 10 year old son asked me last year 'why did MAHAVISHNU punished Mahabali by pushing him into Pathala with HIS leg on his head? Mahabali was a great king who was very generous, noble and treated all the people well, there was no poverty in his country, and just because Devas got jealous and scared of his greatness, MahaVishnu pushed him with HIS leg on his head to Pathala.

That time my mother said that is not correct. In ancient times, in 'Gurukula samprathayam' when the disciples leave the Gurukulam after completing their studies, Guru used to bless them by keeping his right hand on their head. But guru bless the most favourite disciple by keeping his leg on the head and that type of blessing was considered as the most valuable

and precious one by everybody. Similarly since Mahabali was that much great and noble king, MahaVshnu liked him very much and infact HE blessed Mahabali by keeping HIS leg on his head and gave him a whole world called 'Pathala'.

Many people used to use the name "Sreekrisha" in a different meaning to teasesome kind of men just because Bhagavan Sreekrishna has 16008 wives. Actually those wives are not the human beings, they are the different types of "ragas" of music.

These informations she heared from one 'Bhagavatha Saptaham' long back.Kindly correct me if I have mentioned here are not accurate.

There are lots of other stories of our Puranas which are misunderstood by many of us. Hope some of knowledgable members can correct us.

OM NAMO VASUDEVAYA

Sreevidya Menon--- On Fri, 6/27/08, Veena <veeus18 > wrote:

Veena <veeus18 >Re: [Guruvayur] Most Important sloka/yoga in Geethaguruvayur@grou ps.comCc: profvk Friday, June 27, 2008, 7:13 AM

Om Namo Narayanaya.Dear Sreevidyaji, thanks for raising this question. Below I reproduce a write-up from Prof V Krishnamurthy on this subject, with his permission. You will see that the slokas throw light on the yogas too. If you had to memorize one sloka from the Geeta, it would surely have to be chapter 11, sloka 55 or chapter 9, sloka 27.Profji is an Advaitin,a professor of mathematics (retired), and devotes lot of time in the advaitin/advaita groups (where this post originally appeared), sharing his knowledge. He is also a member of our guruvayoor group but is not very active here.You can find more details about him at the website mentioned below this piece. If you browse through our back issues of Navaneetham, there is a very nice article from him on Jadaa Bharata.____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ________

yat karosi yad asnasiyaj juhosi dadasi yatyat tapasyasi kaunteyatat kurusva mad-arpanam

mat-karma-krn mat-paramomad-bhaktah sanga-varjitahnirvairah sarva-bhutesuyah sa mam eti pandava

"The sloka number 9.27 is a key sloka. It is a spiritual recipe fordaily living, that includes the secular living also. In fact thesloka contains the essence of the entire Gita.“Whatever you do, whatever you consume or experience, whatever you offer to deities (through Fire or otherwise), whatever you give away or renounce, whatever you perform (with or without an end in view) -- do all this in dedication to Me†– says theLord.I have said elsewhere that Sloka No.55 of Ch. 11 contains, asper the commentary of Adi Sankara himself, the essence of the entire Gita. We shall see below the parallelism of the two slokas.Sloka No.55 of 11th chapter says: “ Be engaged in actionsdedicated to Me, Have Me as your ultimate goal, Devote yourwhole to Me, Avoid all attachment, Develop an attitude of ‘NoHate’ to any being – He (who behaves this way) will reach

Meâ€.WHATEVER YOU DO, - ‘yat karoShi’ - DO IT IN DEDICATION TO HIM.In other words all your engagement in actions must be indedication to Him. This is karma yoga.WHATEVER YOU CONSUME OR EXPERIENCE, - ‘yad-ashnAsi’ - DEDICATE IT TO HIM. In other words there is nothing that you experience for yourself. Whether it is joy or sorrow, whether you enjoy or suffer, it is all His. It is not only His will but also Hisexperience, not yours, because He is in you and there is nothingelse in you. This is the meaning of being devoted wholly to Himand still living a life. This is the life of bhakti. ‘yad ashnAsi, tat kuruShva mad-arpaNaM’ (sloka 9-27) therefore is what ‘mad-bhaktaH’ of 11-55 means. This is bhakti yoga; andmore, it is advaita-bhakti.WHATEVER YOU OFFER TO DEITIES – ‘yaj-juhoShi’ - THROUGH FIRE OR OTHERWISE, DEDICATE IT TO HIM. This implies, there is no other object for your

worship, reverence or care. He is the goal; He is the refuge. That is what the Lord says by the words ‘mat-paramaH’ in Sloka 11-55. This is the Surrender theory of the Gita.WHATEVER YOU PERFORM - ‘yat tapasyasi’ - WITH OR WITHOUT AN END IN VIEW, DEDICATE IT TO HIM. This performance is tapas; meaning, enduring the ‘shrama’ (effort or ‘pain’) while performing. Doing something for the sake of some noble cause or someone whom you revere, is tapas. Even ordinary acts of a difficult daily commuting is also a tapas, if you adopt the attitude of dedication to the cause that motivates you to undertake the journey. All this has to be dedicated to Him, because if you have no end in view, that is already a dedication, and if you have an end in view, dedication to Him means you are not attached to that end in view. Thus the whole process is asAdhanA (practice) for detachment. This is the ‘sanga-varjitaH’of Sloka 11-55. This is the

yoga-sAdhanA or the control of thesenses. That is surely one of the five major teachings of theGita. WHATEVER YOU GIVE AWAY OR RENOUNCE, - ‘yad-dadAsi’ - DEDICATE IT AS WELL AS THE ACTION, TO HIM. Because nothing belongs to you, really. Everything belongs to Him. Even when you are giving or renouncing, you are renouncing what you think you have, but in reality you do not have. Nothing belongs to you or to anybody. Therefore there is no reason to bear even an iota of ill-will to anybody, even when you feel, in the worldly sense,that the other person is possessing what you think must be, orshould have been, in your possession. Love every one; and moreimportantly, hate no one. This is the attitude of equanimity –‘samadR^iShTi’ - that is the hallmark-teaching of the Gita.It requires you to renounce every feeling of ill-will. The Lorddescribes it in Sloka 11-55 as ‘nirvairas-sarva- bhUteShu’.

Thisequanimity is also mentioned repeatedly in the Gita as‘brahma-bhAva’ or ‘brahma-samsparshaM’ , the attitude of seeingeverything and every one as Brahman, the Supreme.Thus all the five major teachings of the Gita, namely, (i) doingone’s actions in dedication to God, (ii) advaita-bhakti, (iii)the surrender of even one’s will to God, (iv) control of thesenses through a discipline of dispassion and (v) brahma-bhAvaor the attitude of seeing Him in everything -- all these, arecontained in this single sloka, sloka No.27 of Chapter 9 as alsoin the single sloka, sloka No.55 of Chapter 11."____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ___Profji also has a nice piece on Geeta 3.30 another key sloka. I will send it out in the next post. You can read more of Profji's works at http://www.geocitie s.com/profvk/ .This site has an amazing collection of thought provoking pieces on various aspects of Hinduism. Sarvam Sree Krishnaaya samarpayami.--- On Fri, 6/27/08, Sreevidya Menon <sreemenon23@ > wrote:

Sreevidya Menon <sreemenon23@ >Re: [Guruvayur] Most Important Yoga in Bhagavat Geethaguruvayur@grou ps.comFriday, June 27, 2008, 12:29 AM

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Sreevidya Menon

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Thanks,

Sreevidya menon

OM NAMO VASUDEVAYA

Download prohibited? No problem. CHAT from any browser, without download.

Guest guest

Little knowledge is a dangerous thing. It is not a matter of people

misrepresenting the ithihas stories,but it was never understood by

them in the first place.

Idol worship:

Laymen are not capable of concentrating on and praying on the

Paramathma directly looking into a blank space because it takes years

of meditation and practice to reach that stage. Only sages can

achieve that. for the common man to control his senses and pray

without interuption it is necessry to have a median in the form of an

idol, situated in quiet surroundings,and hence we have places of

worship such as temple where there is an idol representing the

favourite aspect of the Divine.

Therefore literaly we are not worshiping the statue itself but

through it. I think many people do not understand this concept and

hence the wrong interpretation.

Mahabali:

Maveli was not banished from Kerala because of his misdeeds and it

was not a punishment. Maveli was a great truthful , generous ruler

loved by his subjects as well as the Devas . In order to reward

Maveli for his good deeds, Bhagvan had reserved a place for him in

Vaikundha ( which was not available to other asuras ( Maveli was

after all an asura but a good one). But prior to granting the place

in Vaikundha, Bhagavan wanted to give Maveli a final test to prove

the King's loylty, magnanimity kind-heartedness and honety. THerefore

Mahavishnu in the form of Vaamana asked for three feet of land.

It wasa great blessing to be touched by the Lord's lotus foot and by

the process, Maveli was taken to Vaikundha.

He went with the Lord, not to pathala but to heaven.

To the layman it looked like going under but that was not so.

Jai Shree Krishna !

guruvayur , balagopal ramakrishnan

<rbalpal wrote:

>

> HARI AUM

>  

> I always said-members of this group know pretty much about

spirituality-be it Bhagavatam, Ramayanam, Kathopanishad or

the 'Gita'. Hope more and more sharing of such knowledge will happen

in the group.

>  

> Coming out with personal understandings of 'gita', I feel will

immensely help in bringing a balance to LIFE.

>  

> Regards

>  

> Balagopal

>  

> NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

>

> --- On Sat, 28/6/08, Sreevidya Menon <sreemenon23 wrote:

>

> Sreevidya Menon <sreemenon23

> Re: [Guruvayur] Most Important sloka/yoga in Geetha

> guruvayur

> Saturday, 28 June, 2008, 8:58 PM

>

>

>

>

>

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

>  

> Thank you Veenaji. You have given a lot of information through your

mail

> and the link http://www.geocitie s.com/profvk/  that is given.

>  

> I used to be tongue-tided sometimes when some of my friends tell

about the idol

> worship and the different types of " abhishekam " that are being done

in temples.

> The information given in that link gave me lots of answers for the

same.

>  

> Some of our 'Purana' stories are being misinterpreted and

misunderstood by many of us.

> My 10 year old son asked me last year 'why did MAHAVISHNU punished

Mahabali by pushing him into Pathala with HIS leg on his head?

Mahabali was a great king who was very generous, noble and treated

all the people well, there was no poverty in his country,

>  and just because Devas got jealous and scared  of his greatness,

MahaVishnu pushed him with HIS leg on his head to Pathala.

> That time my mother said that is not correct. In ancient times,

in 'Gurukula samprathayam' when the disciples leave the Gurukulam

after completing their studies, Guru used to bless them by keeping

his right hand on their head. But guru bless the most favourite

disciple by keeping his leg on the head and that type of blessing was

considered as the most valuable

> and precious one by everybody. Similarly since Mahabali was that

much great and noble king, MahaVshnu liked him very much and infact

HE blessed Mahabali by keeping HIS leg on his head and gave him a

whole world called 'Pathala'.

>  

> Many people used to use the name " Sreekrisha " in a different

meaning to tease

> some kind of men just because Bhagavan Sreekrishna has 16008 wives.

Actually those wives are not the human beings, they are the different

types of " ragas " of music.

>  

> These informations she heared from one 'Bhagavatha Saptaham' long

back.

> Kindly correct me if I have mentioned here are not accurate.

> There are lots of other stories of our Puranas which are

misunderstood by many of us.

> Hope some of knowledgable members can correct us.

>  

> OM NAMO VASUDEVAYA

>  

> Sreevidya Menon

>

> --- On Fri, 6/27/08, Veena <veeus18 > wrote:

>

> Veena <veeus18 >

> Re: [Guruvayur] Most Important sloka/yoga in Geetha

> guruvayur@grou ps.com

> Cc: profvk

> Friday, June 27, 2008, 7:13 AM

>

>

Om Namo Narayanaya.

>

> Dear Sreevidyaji, thanks for raising this question. Below I

reproduce a write-up from Prof V Krishnamurthy on this subject, with

his permission. You will see that the slokas throw light on the yogas

too. If you had to memorize one sloka from the Geeta, it would surely

have to be chapter 11, sloka 55 or chapter 9, sloka 27.

>

> Profji is an Advaitin,a professor of mathematics (retired), and

devotes lot of time in the advaitin/advaita groups (where this post

originally appeared), sharing his knowledge. He is also a member of

our guruvayoor group but is not  very active here.You can find more

details about him at the website mentioned below this piece. If you

browse through our back issues of Navaneetham, there is a very nice

article from him on Jadaa Bharata.

> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________

_________ ________

>

>

> 9.27

> yat karosi yad asnasi

> yaj juhosi dadasi yat

> yat tapasyasi kaunteya

> tat kurusva mad-arpanam

>

>

> 11.55

>

> mat-karma-krn mat-paramo

> mad-bhaktah sanga-varjitah

> nirvairah sarva-bhutesu

> yah sa mam eti pandava

>

> " The sloka number 9.27 is a key sloka. It is a spiritual recipe for

> daily living, that includes the secular living also. In fact the

> sloka contains the essence of the entire Gita.

>

> “Whatever you do, whatever you consume or experience, whatever

you offer to deities (through Fire or otherwise), whatever you give

away or renounce, whatever you perform (with or without an end in

view) -- do all this in dedication to Me††" says the

> Lord.

>

> I have said elsewhere that Sloka No.55 of Ch. 11 contains, as

> per the commentary of Adi Sankara himself, the essence of the

entire Gita. We shall see below the parallelism of the two slokas.

> Sloka No.55 of 11th chapter says: “ Be engaged in actions

> dedicated to Me, Have Me as your ultimate goal, Devote your

> whole to Me, Avoid all attachment, Develop an attitude of ‘No

> Hate’ to any being †" He (who behaves this way) will reach Meâ€.

>

> WHATEVER YOU DO, - ‘yat karoShi’ - DO IT IN DEDICATION TO HIM.

> In other words all your engagement in actions must be in

> dedication to Him. This is karma yoga.

>

> WHATEVER YOU CONSUME OR EXPERIENCE, - ‘yad-ashnAsi’ - DEDICATE

IT TO HIM. In other words there is nothing that you experience for

yourself. Whether it is joy or sorrow, whether you enjoy or suffer,

it is all His. It is not only His will but also His

> experience, not yours, because He is in you and there is nothing

> else in you. This is the meaning of being devoted wholly to Him

> and still living a life. This is the life of bhakti.

>

> ‘yad ashnAsi, tat kuruShva mad-arpaNaM’ (sloka 9-27) therefore

is what ‘mad-bhaktaH’ of 11-55 means. This is bhakti yoga; and

> more, it is advaita-bhakti.

> WHATEVER YOU OFFER TO DEITIES †" ‘yaj-juhoShi’ - THROUGH FIRE

OR OTHERWISE, DEDICATE IT TO HIM. This implies, there is no other

object for your worship, reverence or care. He is the goal; He is the

refuge. That is what the Lord says by the words ‘mat-paramaH’ in

Sloka 11-55. This is the Surrender theory of the Gita.

> WHATEVER YOU PERFORM - ‘yat tapasyasi’ - WITH OR WITHOUT AN END

IN VIEW, DEDICATE IT TO HIM. This performance is tapas; meaning,

enduring the ‘shrama’ (effort or ‘pain’) while performing.

Doing something for the sake of some noble cause or someone whom you

revere, is tapas. Even ordinary acts of a difficult daily commuting

is also a tapas, if you adopt the attitude of dedication to the cause

that motivates you to undertake the journey. All this has to be

dedicated to Him, because if you have no end in view, that is already

a dedication, and if you have an end in view, dedication to Him means

you are not attached to that end in view. Thus the whole process is a

> sAdhanA (practice) for detachment. This is the ‘sanga-varjitaH’

> of Sloka 11-55. This is the yoga-sAdhanA or the control of the

> senses. That is surely one of the five major teachings of the

> Gita.

>

> WHATEVER YOU GIVE AWAY OR RENOUNCE, - ‘yad-dadAsi’ - DEDICATE

IT AS WELL AS THE ACTION, TO HIM. Because nothing belongs to you,

really. Everything belongs to Him. Even when you are giving or

renouncing, you are renouncing what you think you have, but in

reality you do not have. Nothing belongs to you or to anybody.

Therefore there is no reason to bear even an iota of ill-will to

anybody, even when you feel, in the worldly sense,

> that the other person is possessing what you think must be, or

> should have been, in your possession. Love every one; and more

> importantly, hate no one. This is the attitude of equanimity †"

> ‘samadR^iShTi’ - that is the hallmark-teaching of the Gita.

> It requires you to renounce every feeling of ill-will. The Lord

> describes it in Sloka 11-55 as ‘nirvairas-sarva- bhUteShu’. This

> equanimity is also mentioned repeatedly in the Gita as

> ‘brahma-bhAva’ or ‘brahma-samsparshaM’ , the attitude of

seeing

> everything and every one as Brahman, the Supreme.

>

> Thus all the five major teachings of the Gita, namely, (i) doing

> one’s actions in dedication to God, (ii) advaita-bhakti, (iii)

> the surrender of even one’s will to God, (iv) control of the

> senses through a discipline of dispassion and (v) brahma-bhAva

> or the attitude of seeing Him in everything -- all these, are

> contained in this single sloka, sloka No.27 of Chapter 9 as also

> in the single sloka, sloka No.55 of Chapter 11. "

>

> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ___

> Profji also has a nice piece on Geeta 3.30 another key sloka. I

will send it out in the next post.

> You can read more of Profji's works at http://www.geocitie

s.com/profvk/ .

> This site has an amazing collection of thought provoking pieces on

various aspects of Hinduism.

>

> Sarvam Sree Krishnaaya samarpayami.

>

> --- On Fri, 6/27/08, Sreevidya Menon <sreemenon23@ > wrote:

>

> Sreevidya Menon <sreemenon23@ >

> Re: [Guruvayur] Most Important Yoga in Bhagavat Geetha

> guruvayur@grou ps.com

> Friday, June 27, 2008, 12:29 AM

>

>

>

>

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

>  

> Thanks a lot for your valuable guidance.

>  

> Sreevidya Menon

>  

> OM NAMO BHAGAVATHE VASUDEVAYA

>  

>

> --- On Wed, 6/25/08, SREENIVASAN SUBRAMANIAM <drsreenivasan@

gmail.com> wrote:

>

> SREENIVASAN SUBRAMANIAM <drsreenivasan@ gmail.com>

> Re: [Guruvayur] Most Important Yoga in Bhagavat Geetha

> guruvayur@grou ps.com

> Wednesday, June 25, 2008, 11:56 PM

>

>

>

>

> Bhakthi yoga is the essence of Gita and Bhagavatham. ..Ananyaam

chinthayanthomam ye jaana paryupasaathe. .theshaam

nithyabhiyukthanaam yogashemam vahamyaham.. .THIS IS KRISHNAAS

GURANTEE TO US IN GITA...I WILL PROTECT MY DEVOTEE ALWAYS WITH ALL

HIS BELONGINGS.. .AND I WILL GIVE TO HIM WHAT HE DOES NOT HAVE...MY

DEVOTEE NEVER LACKS ANYTHING...MY DEVOTEE NEVER FAILS AND MY DEVOTEE

IS DEAR TO ME..you can read online bhagavath geetha with meaning by

srila prabhupadha swamy the best i have read it is simple language

with nectar of devotion ITS TITLED BHAGAVATH GEETHA AS IT IS

> http://www.prabhupa davani.org/

>

> On 6/25/08, Sreevidya Menon <sreemenon23@ > wrote:

>

>

>

>

>  

> OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

>  

>  

>  

> Can anyone guide me about the most important Yoga/sloka in

Bhagavat Geetha?

>  

>  

> Thanks,

>  

> Sreevidya menon

>  

> OM NAMO VASUDEVAYA

>  

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India. Go

to http://in.promos./groups/citygroups/

>

Guest guest

Respected Nairji ,

Thanks for your very nice explanation . This is a good feedback for

those claiming injustice to Mahabali . Regarding " Vigraha-

Worship " ,it is notable that Guruvayoorappan's favourite devotees

like Vilwamangalam , Poonthanam , Melpathur , Kurooramma ,

Kunhjikkavu , Kurooramma etc have worshipped Bhagavan using His

Vigraham . They always addressed Krishna directly as Bhagavan ( not

indirectly as HIM) . Even after attaining Bhagavan's , they

continued worshipping His Vigraham . It is also a fact that , the

present Guruvayoor Vigraham had been worshipped by Sree Krishna ,

Devaki and Vasudevar during the Dwapara-yugam . Before returning to

Vaikuntam , Bhagavan handed over this to Uddhavan for enabling the

worship of His devotees .

Dasan

guruvayur , " chirattapuram " <anair1101

wrote:

>

> Little knowledge is a dangerous thing. It is not a matter of

people

> misrepresenting the ithihas stories,but it was never understood by

> them in the first place.

> Idol worship:

> Laymen are not capable of concentrating on and praying on the

> Paramathma directly looking into a blank space because it takes

years

> of meditation and practice to reach that stage. Only sages can

> achieve that. for the common man to control his senses and pray

> without interuption it is necessry to have a median in the form of

an

> idol, situated in quiet surroundings,and hence we have places

of

> worship such as temple where there is an idol representing the

> favourite aspect of the Divine.

> Therefore literaly we are not worshiping the statue itself but

> through it. I think many people do not understand this concept and

> hence the wrong interpretation.

> Mahabali:

> Maveli was not banished from Kerala because of his misdeeds and it

> was not a punishment. Maveli was a great truthful , generous ruler

> loved by his subjects as well as the Devas . In order to reward

> Maveli for his good deeds, Bhagvan had reserved a place for him in

> Vaikundha ( which was not available to other asuras ( Maveli was

> after all an asura but a good one). But prior to granting the

place

> in Vaikundha, Bhagavan wanted to give Maveli a final test to prove

> the King's loylty, magnanimity kind-heartedness and honety.

THerefore

> Mahavishnu in the form of Vaamana asked for three feet of land.

> It wasa great blessing to be touched by the Lord's lotus foot and

by

> the process, Maveli was taken to Vaikundha.

> He went with the Lord, not to pathala but to heaven.

> To the layman it looked like going under but that was not so.

>

> Jai Shree Krishna !

>

>

>

> guruvayur , balagopal ramakrishnan

> <rbalpal@> wrote:

> >

> > HARI AUM

> >  

> > I always said-members of this group know pretty much about

> spirituality-be it Bhagavatam, Ramayanam, Kathopanishad or

> the 'Gita'. Hope more and more sharing of such knowledge will

happen

> in the group.

> >  

> > Coming out with personal understandings of 'gita', I feel will

> immensely help in bringing a balance to LIFE.

> >  

> > Regards

> >  

> > Balagopal

> >  

> > NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

> >

> > --- On Sat, 28/6/08, Sreevidya Menon <sreemenon23@> wrote:

> >

> > Sreevidya Menon <sreemenon23@>

> > Re: [Guruvayur] Most Important sloka/yoga in Geetha

> > guruvayur

> > Saturday, 28 June, 2008, 8:58 PM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

> >  

> > Thank you Veenaji. You have given a lot of information through

your

> mail

> > and the link http://www.geocitie s.com/profvk/  that is given.

> >  

> > I used to be tongue-tided sometimes when some of my friends tell

> about the idol

> > worship and the different types of " abhishekam " that are being

done

> in temples.

> > The information given in that link gave me lots of answers for

the

> same.

> >  

> > Some of our 'Purana' stories are being misinterpreted and

> misunderstood by many of us.

> > My 10 year old son asked me last year 'why did MAHAVISHNU

punished

> Mahabali by pushing him into Pathala with HIS leg on his head?

> Mahabali was a great king who was very generous, noble and treated

> all the people well, there was no poverty in his country,

> >  and just because Devas got jealous and scared  of his

greatness,

> MahaVishnu pushed him with HIS leg on his head to Pathala.

> > That time my mother said that is not correct. In ancient

times,

> in 'Gurukula samprathayam' when the disciples leave the Gurukulam

> after completing their studies, Guru used to bless them by

keeping

> his right hand on their head. But guru bless the most favourite

> disciple by keeping his leg on the head and that type of blessing

was

> considered as the most valuable

> > and precious one by everybody. Similarly since Mahabali was that

> much great and noble king, MahaVshnu liked him very much and

infact

> HE blessed Mahabali by keeping HIS leg on his head and gave him a

> whole world called 'Pathala'.

> >  

> > Many people used to use the name " Sreekrisha " in a different

> meaning to tease

> > some kind of men just because Bhagavan Sreekrishna has 16008

wives.

> Actually those wives are not the human beings, they are the

different

> types of " ragas " of music.

> >  

> > These informations she heared from one 'Bhagavatha Saptaham'

long

> back.

> > Kindly correct me if I have mentioned here are not accurate.

> > There are lots of other stories of our Puranas which are

> misunderstood by many of us.

> > Hope some of knowledgable members can correct us.

> >  

> > OM NAMO VASUDEVAYA

> >  

> > Sreevidya Menon

> >

> > --- On Fri, 6/27/08, Veena <veeus18 > wrote:

> >

> > Veena <veeus18 >

> > Re: [Guruvayur] Most Important sloka/yoga in Geetha

> > guruvayur@grou ps.com

> > Cc: profvk

> > Friday, June 27, 2008, 7:13 AM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Om Namo Narayanaya.

> >

> > Dear Sreevidyaji, thanks for raising this question. Below I

> reproduce a write-up from Prof V Krishnamurthy on this subject,

with

> his permission. You will see that the slokas throw light on the

yogas

> too. If you had to memorize one sloka from the Geeta, it would

surely

> have to be chapter 11, sloka 55 or chapter 9, sloka 27.

> >

> > Profji is an Advaitin,a professor of mathematics (retired), and

> devotes lot of time in the advaitin/advaita groups (where this

> originally appeared), sharing his knowledge. He is also a member

of

> our guruvayoor group but is not  very active here.You can find

more

> details about him at the website mentioned below this piece. If

you

> browse through our back issues of Navaneetham, there is a very

nice

> article from him on Jadaa Bharata.

> > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________

> _________ ________

> >

> >

> > 9.27

> > yat karosi yad asnasi

> > yaj juhosi dadasi yat

> > yat tapasyasi kaunteya

> > tat kurusva mad-arpanam

> >

> >

> > 11.55

> >

> > mat-karma-krn mat-paramo

> > mad-bhaktah sanga-varjitah

> > nirvairah sarva-bhutesu

> > yah sa mam eti pandava

> >

> > " The sloka number 9.27 is a key sloka. It is a spiritual recipe

for

> > daily living, that includes the secular living also. In fact the

> > sloka contains the essence of the entire Gita.

> >

> > “Whatever you do, whatever you consume or experience, whatever

> you offer to deities (through Fire or otherwise), whatever you

give

> away or renounce, whatever you perform (with or without an end in

> view) -- do all this in dedication to Me††" says the

> > Lord.

> >

> > I have said elsewhere that Sloka No.55 of Ch. 11 contains, as

> > per the commentary of Adi Sankara himself, the essence of the

> entire Gita. We shall see below the parallelism of the two slokas.

> > Sloka No.55 of 11th chapter says: “ Be engaged in actions

> > dedicated to Me, Have Me as your ultimate goal, Devote your

> > whole to Me, Avoid all attachment, Develop an attitude of ‘No

> > Hate’ to any being †" He (who behaves this way) will reach

Meâ€.

> >

> > WHATEVER YOU DO, - ‘yat karoShi’ - DO IT IN DEDICATION TO

HIM.

> > In other words all your engagement in actions must be in

> > dedication to Him. This is karma yoga.

> >

> > WHATEVER YOU CONSUME OR EXPERIENCE, - ‘yad-ashnAsi’ -

DEDICATE

> IT TO HIM. In other words there is nothing that you experience for

> yourself. Whether it is joy or sorrow, whether you enjoy or

suffer,

> it is all His. It is not only His will but also His

> > experience, not yours, because He is in you and there is nothing

> > else in you. This is the meaning of being devoted wholly to Him

> > and still living a life. This is the life of bhakti.

> >

> > ‘yad ashnAsi, tat kuruShva mad-arpaNaM’ (sloka 9-27)

therefore

> is what ‘mad-bhaktaH’ of 11-55 means. This is bhakti yoga; and

> > more, it is advaita-bhakti.

> > WHATEVER YOU OFFER TO DEITIES †" ‘yaj-juhoShi’ - THROUGH

FIRE

> OR OTHERWISE, DEDICATE IT TO HIM. This implies, there is no other

> object for your worship, reverence or care. He is the goal; He is

the

> refuge. That is what the Lord says by the words ‘mat-paramaH’

in

> Sloka 11-55. This is the Surrender theory of the Gita.

> > WHATEVER YOU PERFORM - ‘yat tapasyasi’ - WITH OR WITHOUT AN

END

> IN VIEW, DEDICATE IT TO HIM. This performance is tapas; meaning,

> enduring the ‘shrama’ (effort or ‘pain’) while performing.

> Doing something for the sake of some noble cause or someone whom

you

> revere, is tapas. Even ordinary acts of a difficult daily

commuting

> is also a tapas, if you adopt the attitude of dedication to the

cause

> that motivates you to undertake the journey. All this has to be

> dedicated to Him, because if you have no end in view, that is

already

> a dedication, and if you have an end in view, dedication to Him

means

> you are not attached to that end in view. Thus the whole process

is a

> > sAdhanA (practice) for detachment. This is the ‘sanga-

varjitaH’

> > of Sloka 11-55. This is the yoga-sAdhanA or the control of the

> > senses. That is surely one of the five major teachings of the

> > Gita.

> >

> > WHATEVER YOU GIVE AWAY OR RENOUNCE, - ‘yad-dadAsi’ -

DEDICATE

> IT AS WELL AS THE ACTION, TO HIM. Because nothing belongs to you,

> really. Everything belongs to Him. Even when you are giving or

> renouncing, you are renouncing what you think you have, but in

> reality you do not have. Nothing belongs to you or to anybody.

> Therefore there is no reason to bear even an iota of ill-will to

> anybody, even when you feel, in the worldly sense,

> > that the other person is possessing what you think must be, or

> > should have been, in your possession. Love every one; and more

> > importantly, hate no one. This is the attitude of equanimity †"

> > ‘samadR^iShTi’ - that is the hallmark-teaching of the Gita.

> > It requires you to renounce every feeling of ill-will. The Lord

> > describes it in Sloka 11-55 as ‘nirvairas-sarva- bhUteShu’.

This

> > equanimity is also mentioned repeatedly in the Gita as

> > ‘brahma-bhAva’ or ‘brahma-samsparshaM’ , the attitude of

> seeing

> > everything and every one as Brahman, the Supreme.

> >

> > Thus all the five major teachings of the Gita, namely, (i) doing

> > one’s actions in dedication to God, (ii) advaita-bhakti, (iii)

> > the surrender of even one’s will to God, (iv) control of the

> > senses through a discipline of dispassion and (v) brahma-bhAva

> > or the attitude of seeing Him in everything -- all these, are

> > contained in this single sloka, sloka No.27 of Chapter 9 as also

> > in the single sloka, sloka No.55 of Chapter 11. "

> >

> > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ___

> > Profji also has a nice piece on Geeta 3.30 another key sloka. I

> will send it out in the next post.

> > You can read more of Profji's works at http://www.geocitie

> s.com/profvk/ .

> > This site has an amazing collection of thought provoking pieces

on

> various aspects of Hinduism.

> >

> > Sarvam Sree Krishnaaya samarpayami.

> >

> > --- On Fri, 6/27/08, Sreevidya Menon <sreemenon23@ >

wrote:

> >

> > Sreevidya Menon <sreemenon23@ >

> > Re: [Guruvayur] Most Important Yoga in Bhagavat Geetha

> > Friday, June 27, 2008, 12:29 AM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

> >  

> > Thanks a lot for your valuable guidance.

> >  

> > Sreevidya Menon

> >  

> > OM NAMO BHAGAVATHE VASUDEVAYA

> >  

> >

> > --- On Wed, 6/25/08, SREENIVASAN SUBRAMANIAM <drsreenivasan@

> gmail.com> wrote:

> >

> > SREENIVASAN SUBRAMANIAM <drsreenivasan@ gmail.com>

> > Re: [Guruvayur] Most Important Yoga in Bhagavat Geetha

> > Wednesday, June 25, 2008, 11:56 PM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Bhakthi yoga is the essence of Gita and Bhagavatham. ..Ananyaam

> chinthayanthomam ye jaana paryupasaathe. .theshaam

> nithyabhiyukthanaam yogashemam vahamyaham.. .THIS IS KRISHNAAS

> GURANTEE TO US IN GITA...I WILL PROTECT MY DEVOTEE ALWAYS WITH ALL

> HIS BELONGINGS.. .AND I WILL GIVE TO HIM WHAT HE DOES NOT

HAVE...MY

> DEVOTEE NEVER LACKS ANYTHING...MY DEVOTEE NEVER FAILS AND MY

DEVOTEE

> IS DEAR TO ME..you can read online bhagavath geetha with meaning

by

> srila prabhupadha swamy the best i have read it is simple language

> with nectar of devotion ITS TITLED BHAGAVATH GEETHA AS IT IS

> > http://www.prabhupa davani.org/

> >

> > On 6/25/08, Sreevidya Menon <sreemenon23@ > wrote:

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >  

> >  

> > OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

> >  

> >  

> >  

> > Can anyone guide me about the most important Yoga/sloka in

> Bhagavat Geetha?

> >  

> >  

> > Thanks,

> >  

> > Sreevidya menon

> >  

> > OM NAMO VASUDEVAYA

> >  

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India.

Go

> to http://in.promos./groups/citygroups/

> >

>