IndiaDivine.org

Namasthe- something lighter

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear all,

Here is a funny story of a grear devotee of Hanuman. I thought we deserve a humorous story after our serious, month long ayanam or journey with Lord Raama. This is a story I heard when I was a child. I do not even rememeber who told me this particular story. I think my father told this story. Anyway it does not matter.

A couple lived in a village. They were great devotees of Hanumanji and lived happily. But even after several years of married life, they were not blessed with children. So somebody advised them to offer Kadalippazham (one kind of small very sweet banana) to Hanumanji. So they bought some Kadalippazham and both of them sat in front of their beautiful statue of Hanuman. Then the husband peeled the banana and told the prayer in his own words like this:

" à´Žà´¨àµà´±àµ† കദളിപàµà´ªà´´àµ†, എനികàµà´•àµŠà´°àµ ഹനàµà´®à´¾à´¨àµâ€à´•àµà´Ÿàµà´Ÿà´¿ ഉണàµà´Ÿà´¾à´¯à´¾à´²àµâ€ നൂറàµà´±àµŠà´¨àµà´¨àµ ഉണàµà´£à´¿à´•à´³àµ‡ തൊലിചàµà´šàµ നേദികàµà´•à´¾à´®àµ† " means " My! Kadali banana! if I get a baby Hanuman , I will peel 101 boys and offer to you. " .

What he wanted to tell was " à´Žà´¨àµà´±àµ† ഹനàµà´®à´¾à´¨àµ† , എനികàµà´•àµŠà´°àµ ഉണàµà´£à´¿ ഉണàµà´Ÿà´¾à´¯à´¾à´²àµâ€ നൂറàµà´±àµŠà´¨àµà´¨àµ കദളിപàµà´ªà´´à´‚ തൊലിചàµà´šàµ നേദികàµà´•à´¾à´®àµ† " , means " My Hanumanji! if I get a baby boy, I will peel 101 kadalippazham and offer to you " . Like this he did three times.

One more funny thing he did. He was thinking of only Hanumanji and was unaware of everything else. So he was actually offering the peel of the three bananas to Aanjaneya swaami and throwing the peeled banana in the trash! But his devotion was so intense, Hanumanji accepted the peel first, ate it happily and took the peeled banana from the trash, ate that also and blessed the couple with several children. This tells us one more point: whatever we offer with sincerity, Bhagavan accepts.

In our daily life also we often become absent minded professors. We may or may not forgive each other, but from the story we can see that Bhagavaan's kaarunyam never ceases to flow.

Regards and prayers

Savitri

Dear Meenaji,

Thanks for sharing the lines by Saint Ramadas. I have a doubt here. Is saint Raamadas and Bhaktha Raama das same ? I have read a few stories about Bhaktha Raamdaas.

As you pointed out, Shabari also forgot everything in her bliss of seeing Raama in front of her! Stories of this ananaya bhakthi are so inspiring.

Regards and prayers

Savitri

2008/8/17 m.s. <meenasahas

Namaskarams to all.

HAPPY ONAM TO ALL.

Savitriji really i enjoy all your stories. some brings the old memories also.

this story is same like Sabhari who fed Rama with seeds throwing away the elathapazham. and we have a hindi song in one line it says HUM kahtheyai bhagwan kathe Naheen thum Sabariki tharah KIlaltha Nahhen means we say bhagawan is not eating but we are not feeding HIM like Sabhari.

that day you were telling in one story that HUNMAN has to the name sundara in Bheema Rupee Maharupa in one line Sundara comes. that sloka is written by Saint Ramadas

bhiimaruupii mahaarudraa vajra hanumaana maarutii .vanaari a.njaniisuutaa raamaduutaa prabha.njanaa .. 1..mahaabaLii praaNadaataa sakaLaa.n uThavii baLe.n .saukhyakaarii duHkhahaarii dhuurta vaiShNava gaayakaa .. 2..

diinaanaathaa hariiruupaa su.ndaraa jagadaa.ntaraa .paataaladevataaha.ntaa bhavyasi.nduuralepanaa .. 3..lokanaathaa jagannaathaa praaNanaathaa puraatanaa .

puNyava.ntaa puNyashiilaa paavanaa paritoShakaa .. 4..dhvajaa.nge.n uchalii baaho aaveshe.n loTalaa puDhe.n .kaaLaagni kaaLarudraagni dekhataa.n kaa.npatii bhaye.n .. 5..brahmaa.nDe.n maa_ilI.n neNo.n aa.nvaLe da.ntapa.ngatii .

netraagni chaalilyaa jvaaLaa bhrakuTii taThilyaa baLe.n .. 6..puchchha te.n muraDile.n maathaa.n kiriiTii ku.nDale.n barii.n .suvarNakaTikaa.nsoTii gha.nTaa ki.nkiNi naagaraa .. 7..Thakaare parvataaaisaa neTakaa saDapaataLuu .

chapaLaa.nga paahataa.n moThe.n mahaavidyullateparii .. 8..koTichyaa koTi uDDaNe.n jhepaave uttarekaDe .ma.ndaadriisaarikhaa droNuu krodhe.n utpaaTilaa baLe.n .. 9..aaNilaa maagutii nelaa aalaa gelaa manogatii .

manaasii Taakile.n maage.n gatiisii tuuLaNaa nase .. 10..aNUpaasoni brahmaa.nDaayevaDhaa hota jaatase .tayaasii tuLaNaa koThe.n merumaa.ndaara dhaakuTe.n .. 11..brahmaa.nDaabho.nvate veDhe vajrapuchchhe.n karuu.n shake .

tayaasii tuLaNaa kai.nchii brahmaa.nDii.n paahataa.n nase .. 12..aarakta dekhile.n DoLaa.n graasile.n suuryama.nDaLaa .vaaDhataa.n vaaDhataa.n vaaDhe bhedile.n shuunyama.nDaLaa .. 13..dhanadhaanya pashuvR^iddhi putrapautra samagrahii .

paavatii ruupavidyaadi stotrapaaThe.n karuuniyaa.n .. 14..bhUtapretasama.ndhaadi rogavyaadhi samastahii .naasatii tuuTatii chi.ntaa aana.nde bhiimadarshane.n .. 15..he dharaa pa.ndharaashlokii laabhalii shobhalii bhalii .

dR^iDhadeho niHsa.ndeho sa.nkhyaa cha.ndrakalaaguNe.n .. 16..raamadaasii.n agragaNyuu kapikuLaasi ma.nDaNuu .raamaruupii antaraatmaa darshane doSha naasatii .. 17.... iti shrii raamadaasakR^itaM sa.nkaTanirasanaM naama

shrii maarutistotram.h saMpuurNam.h ..##

i have the audio of this sloka if anyone is interested i can send it.

with the wide knowledge and depth of the subect of each one. i am a very small one like hanumman to this group with namaskrams to all

regards

meena sahasranaman

--- On Sun, 8/17/08, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram wrote:

Savitri Puram <savitriopuram[Guruvayur] Namasthe- something lighter

Sunday, August 17, 2008, 9:04 AM

Dear all,

Here is a funny story of a grear devotee of Hanuman. I thought we deserve a humorous story after our serious, month long ayanam or journey with Lord Raama. This is a story I heard when I was a child. I do not even rememeber who told me this particular story. I think my father told this story. Anyway it does not matter.

A couple lived in a village. They were great devotees of Hanumanji and lived happily. But even after several years of married life, they were not blessed with children. So somebody advised them to offer Kadalippazham (one kind of small very sweet banana) to Hanumanji. So they bought some Kadalippazham and both of them sat in front of their beautiful statue of Hanuman. Then the husband peeled the banana and told the prayer in his own words like this:

" à´Žà´¨àµà´±àµ† കദളിപàµà´ªà´´àµ†, എനികàµà´•àµŠà´°àµ ഹനàµà´®à´¾à´¨àµâ€à´•àµà´Ÿàµà´Ÿà´¿ ഉണàµà´Ÿà´¾à´¯à´¾à´²àµâ€ നൂറàµà´±àµŠà´¨àµà´¨àµ ഉണàµà´£à´¿à´•à´³àµ‡ തൊലിചàµà´šàµ നേദികàµà´•à´¾à´®àµ† " means " My! Kadali banana! if I get a baby Hanuman , I will peel 101 boys and offer to you. " .

What he wanted to tell was " à´Žà´¨àµà´±àµ† ഹനàµà´®à´¾à´¨àµ† , എനികàµà´•àµŠà´°àµ ഉണàµà´£à´¿ ഉണàµà´Ÿà´¾à´¯à´¾à´²àµâ€ നൂറàµà´±àµŠà´¨àµà´¨àµ കദളിപàµà´ªà´´à´‚ തൊലിചàµà´šàµ നേദികàµà´•à´¾à´®àµ† " , means " My Hanumanji! if I get a baby boy, I will peel 101 kadalippazham and offer to you " . Like this he did three times.

One more funny thing he did. He was thinking of only Hanumanji and was unaware of everything else. So he was actually offering the peel of the three bananas to Aanjaneya swaami and throwing the peeled banana in the trash! But his devotion was so intense, Hanumanji accepted the peel first, ate it happily and took the peeled banana from the trash, ate that also and blessed the couple with several children. This tells us one more point: whatever we offer with sincerity, Bhagavan accepts.

In our daily life also we often become absent minded professors. We may or may not forgive each other, but from the story we can see that Bhagavaan's kaarunyam never ceases to flow.

Regards and prayers

Savitri

Om namo narayanaya

dear meena sahasranamam ji,

You have given a wonderful clarification about saint ramadoss and bhadrachalam ramadoss.I know about bhadrachalam ramadoss and very much liking his krithis in telugu.and at the same time i heard about samartha ramadoss but not this much about his life.Thankyou very much for giving such a nice clarification.and I am realy proud to be member in this divine group. with the blessings of lord guruvaurappan and elders, I am able to get more details and knowledge about our dharma.

Om anmo bhagavathe vasudevaya,

sarve janaha sukhino bhavanthu

subramanian(madurai)guruvayur , "m.s." <meenasahas wrote:>> Namaskarams to all>  > i guess you had asked this. i did the google and got this as answer. i guess this clears the doubt>  > Early life> Ramdas swami was born in a Deshastha Rugvedi BrÄhman family to SuryÄji (सूरà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤œà¥€) and RÄnu BÄi (राणूबाई) Thosar (ठोसर) in JÄmb (जांब) in JÄlna District (जालना जिलà¥à¤¹à¤¾) of Maharashtra on Ram Navami, 1530 (रामनवमी, चैतà¥à¤° शà¥à¤¦à¥à¤§ ९, १५३०) according to "ShÄliwÄhan Shak" (शालिवाहन शक) calendar. His given name was NÄrÄyan (नारायण). He was devotee of God “Ram†and that’s why he named as Ramdas (At age 24, he named as RÄmdÄs.)> Since his childhood, Ramdas had an inclination toward metaphysical contemplation and religiosity. When he was eight, his father died; and at his age 12, his mother arranged his marriage to her brother's daughter. However, he wanted to pursue a monasitc life, and so just as the wedding cermony was proceeding, he ran away before the marriage vows were exchanged.> Writings> Ramdas swami was a gifted composer. He produced considerable lucid and effective literature in verse form in Marathi. Among his works, two compositions particularly stand out: A small book of meditations titled “ManÄche Shlok†(मनाचे शà¥à¤²à¥‹à¤•), which consists of 205 memorable four-line verses, and a large volume titled DÄsabodh (दासबोध), which consists of 7,751 called as “owi†(à¤"वà¥à¤¯à¤¾). ManÄche Shlok is an advice and preaching to the human mind, to behave in an ethical way and devote oneself in the love of god. Dasabodh provides sagacious advice on both spiritual and diverse practical topics. Samartha Ramdas swami also wrote Maruti Stotra, marathi adulatory poem for Lord Hanuman.>  > > Kancherla Gopanna (c 1620 - 1680 CE), popularly known as Bhadradri Ramadasu or Bhadrachala Ramadasu(Telugu: à°­à°¦à±à°°à°¾à°šà°² రామదాసà±), was a 17th century Indian devotee of Rama and a composer of Carnatic music. He lived in the village of Nelakondapalli near Bhadrachalam, Andhra Pradesh during the 17th century and is renowned for constructing a famous temple for Rama at Bhadrachalam. His devotional lyrics to Rama are famous in Andhra Pradesh as Ramadaasu Keertanalu.> > > --- On Sun, 8/17/08, Savitri Puram savitriopuram wrote:> > Savitri Puram savitriopuram Re: [Guruvayur] Namasthe- something lighter> guruvayur > Sunday, August 17, 2008, 5:36 PM> > > > > > > > > Dear Meenaji,>  > Thanks for sharing the lines by Saint Ramadas. I have a doubt here. Is saint Raamadas and Bhaktha Raama das same ? I have read a few stories about Bhaktha Raamdaas. >  > As you pointed out, Shabari also forgot everything in her bliss of seeing Raama in front of her! Stories of this ananaya bhakthi are so inspiring. >  > Regards and prayers>  > Savitri> > 2008/8/17 m.s. meenasahas >> > > > > > > > > > > > Namaskarams to all.>  > HAPPY ONAM TO ALL.>  > Savitriji really i enjoy all your stories. some brings the old memories also.> this story is same like Sabhari who fed Rama with seeds throwing away the elathapazham. and we have a hindi song in one line it says HUM kahtheyai bhagwan kathe Naheen thum Sabariki tharah KIlaltha Nahhen means we say bhagawan is not eating but we are not feeding HIM like Sabhari. >  > that day you were telling in one story that HUNMAN has to the name sundara in Bheema Rupee Maharupa in one line Sundara comes. that sloka is written by Saint Ramadas>  > bhiimaruupii mahaarudraa vajra hanumaana maarutii .> vanaari a.njaniisuutaa raamaduutaa prabha.njanaa .. 1..> mahaabaLii praaNadaataa sakaLaa.n uThavii baLe.n .> saukhyakaarii duHkhahaarii dhuurta vaiShNava gaayakaa .. 2..> diinaanaathaa hariiruupaa su.ndaraa jagadaa.ntaraa .> paataaladevataaha. ntaa bhavyasi.nduuralepa naa .. 3..> lokanaathaa jagannaathaa praaNanaathaa puraatanaa .> puNyava.ntaa puNyashiilaa paavanaa paritoShakaa .. 4..> dhvajaa.nge. n uchalii baaho aaveshe.n loTalaa puDhe.n .> kaaLaagni kaaLarudraagni dekhataa.n kaa.npatii bhaye.n .. 5..> brahmaa.nDe. n maa_ilI.n neNo.n aa.nvaLe da.ntapa.ngatii .> netraagni chaalilyaa jvaaLaa bhrakuTii taThilyaa baLe.n .. 6..> puchchha te.n muraDile.n maathaa.n kiriiTii ku.nDale.n barii.n .> suvarNakaTikaa. nsoTii gha.nTaa ki.nkiNi naagaraa .. 7..> Thakaare parvataaaisaa neTakaa saDapaataLuu .> chapaLaa.nga paahataa.n moThe.n mahaavidyullatepari i .. 8..> koTichyaa koTi uDDaNe.n jhepaave uttarekaDe .> ma.ndaadriisaarikha a droNuu krodhe.n utpaaTilaa baLe.n .. 9..> aaNilaa maagutii nelaa aalaa gelaa manogatii .> manaasii Taakile.n maage.n gatiisii tuuLaNaa nase .. 10..> aNUpaasoni brahmaa.nDaayevaDha a hota jaatase .> tayaasii tuLaNaa koThe.n merumaa.ndaara dhaakuTe.n .. 11..> brahmaa.nDaabho. nvate veDhe vajrapuchchhe. n karuu.n shake .> tayaasii tuLaNaa kai.nchii brahmaa.nDii. n paahataa.n nase .. 12..> aarakta dekhile.n DoLaa.n graasile.n suuryama.nDaLaa .> vaaDhataa.n vaaDhataa.n vaaDhe bhedile.n shuunyama.nDaLaa .. 13..> dhanadhaanya pashuvR^iddhi putrapautra samagrahii .> paavatii ruupavidyaadi stotrapaaThe. n karuuniyaa.n .. 14..> bhUtapretasama. ndhaadi rogavyaadhi samastahii .> naasatii tuuTatii chi.ntaa aana.nde bhiimadarshane. n .. 15..> he dharaa pa.ndharaashlokii laabhalii shobhalii bhalii .> dR^iDhadeho niHsa.ndeho sa.nkhyaa cha.ndrakalaaguNe. n .. 16..> raamadaasii. n agragaNyuu kapikuLaasi ma.nDaNuu .> raamaruupii antaraatmaa darshane doSha naasatii .. 17..> .. iti shrii raamadaasakR^ itaM sa.nkaTanirasanaM naama>                     shrii maarutistotram. h saMpuurNam.h ..> ##> > i have the audio of this sloka if anyone is interested i can send it. >  > with the wide knowledge and depth of the subect of each one. i am a very small one like hanumman to this group with namaskrams to all> regards> meena sahasranaman> > > --- On Sun, 8/17/08, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com> wrote:> > Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com>> [Guruvayur] Namasthe- something lighter> > Sunday, August 17, 2008, 9:04 AM > > > > > > > > > > Dear all,>  > Here is a funny story of a grear devotee of Hanuman. I thought we deserve a humorous story after our serious, month long  ayanam or journey with Lord Raama. This is a story I heard when I was a child. I do not even rememeber who told me this particular story. I think my father told this story. Anyway it does not matter. >  > A couple lived in a village. They were great devotees of Hanumanji and lived happily. But even after several years of married life, they were not blessed with children. So somebody advised them to offer Kadalippazham (one kind of small very sweet banana) to Hanumanji. So they bought some Kadalippazham and both of them sat in front of their beautiful statue of Hanuman. Then the husband peeled the banana and told the prayer in his own words like this: > "à´Žà´¨àµà´±àµ† കദളിപàµà´ªà´´àµ†, എനികàµà´•àµŠà´°àµ ഹനàµà´®à´¾à´¨àµâ€à´•àµà´Ÿàµà´Ÿà´¿ ഉണàµà´Ÿà´¾à´¯à´¾à´²àµâ€ നൂറàµà´±àµŠà´¨àµà´¨àµ ഉണàµà´£à´¿à´•à´³àµ‡ തൊലിചàµà´šàµ നേദികàµà´•à´¾à´®àµ†" means "My! Kadali banana! if I get a baby Hanuman , I will peel 101 boys and offer to you.". >  > What he wanted to tell was " à´Žà´¨àµà´±àµ† ഹനàµà´®à´¾à´¨àµ† , എനികàµà´•àµŠà´°àµ ഉണàµà´£à´¿Â ഉണàµà´Ÿà´¾à´¯à´¾à´²àµâ€ നൂറàµà´±àµŠà´¨àµà´¨àµ കദളിപàµà´ªà´´à´‚ തൊലിചàµà´šàµ നേദികàµà´•à´¾à´®àµ†Â ", means "My Hanumanji! if I get a baby boy, I will peel 101 kadalippazham and offer to you". Like this he did three times. >  > One more funny thing he did.  He was thinking of only Hanumanji and was unaware of everything else. So he was actually offering the peel of the three bananas to Aanjaneya swaami and throwing the peeled banana in the trash! But his devotion was so intense, Hanumanji accepted the peel first, ate it happily and took the peeled banana from the trash, ate that also and blessed the couple with several children. This tells us one more point: whatever we offer with sincerity, Bhagavan accepts. >  >  > In our daily life also we often become absent minded professors. We may or may not forgive each other, but from the story we can see that Bhagavaan's kaarunyam never ceases to flow.>  > Regards and prayers>  > Savitri>