IndiaDivine.org

Namasthe - The blessed frog

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear all, When Raama and Lakshmana were looking for Sita, they came near Pampaa Nadi in Kerala. They wanted to take rest on the beautiful banks of Pampa near the thick forest and mountain valleys. Before entering the river for a refreshing bath, they thrust their bows on the muddy bank near the river.

After bath, Lakshmana took both bows and saw that Rama's bow had some blood along with the mud. So he showed the trace of blood to Rama. Rama was sure that he would have pierced the body of some innocent creature while thrusting the bow to the mud. Lakshmana looked for any creature and saw a wounded frog. Then Rama asked the frog: " Dear frog, why did not you make a noise when the end of the bow first hit your body? If I had heard the noise, I would have immediately withdrawn the bow. Usually frogs make a lot of noise when they see a snake or a predator. Why did not you make any noise? "

Frog said: " Lord, when a snake or any predator seizes me, I croak very loudly saying -Raama, please save me from this enemy, please protect me from this enemy . But today Raama himself came and pierced the bow through me, and I did not know whom to call for help! Lord, thinking of the punyam of dying with your hands, I was silently praying . "

Rama' eyes were filled with tears and with a loving touch of his hand all the wounds of the frog disappeared. Later when the frog died a natural death, Vishnu Parshadaas came and took it to heaven. Regards and prayers

savitri

Dear Savitriji,

Nice story. I know a bit of this story from my childhood.

During my college days, once I needed the full content of this story, I approached

many knowledgeable persons for it. No one could help me that time. Now when I

heard it from you, feel really happy. You are really a World Bank of stories.

Om Namo Narayanaya.

Thankyou very much.Regards and prayers

Sajan

--- On Sun, 8/24/08, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram wrote:

Savitri Puram <savitriopuram[Guruvayur] Namasthe - The blessed frogSunday, August 24, 2008, 6:24 PM

Dear all, When Raama and Lakshmana were looking for Sita, they came near Pampaa Nadi in Kerala. They wanted to take rest on the beautiful banks of Pampa near the thick forest and mountain valleys. Before entering the river for a refreshing bath, they thrust their bows on the muddy bank near the river. After bath, Lakshmana took both bows and saw that Rama's bow had some blood along with the mud. So he showed the trace of blood to Rama. Rama was sure that he would have pierced the body of some innocent creature while thrusting the bow to the mud. Lakshmana looked for any creature and saw a wounded frog. Then Rama asked the frog: "Dear frog, why did not you make a noise when the end of the bow first hit your body? If I had heard the noise, I would have immediately withdrawn the bow. Usually frogs make a lot of noise when they see a snake or a predator. Why did not you make any noise? " Frog

said: "Lord, when a snake or any predator seizes me, I croak very loudly saying -Raama, please save me from this enemy, please protect me from this enemy . But today Raama himself came and pierced the bow through me, and I did not know whom to call for help! Lord, thinking of the punyam of dying with your hands, I was silently praying ." Rama' eyes were filled with tears and with a loving touch of his hand all the wounds of the frog disappeared. Later when the frog died a natural death, Vishnu Parshadaas came and took it to heaven. Regards and prayers savitri

Dear savitriji,

Ohm namo naryanaya

it was a nice stroy and its showing the real roll of devotee.

krishna--- On Tue, 26/8/08, Sajan Sukumaran <sajan_sukumaran wrote:

Sajan Sukumaran <sajan_sukumaranRe: [Guruvayur] Namasthe - The blessed frogguruvayur Date: Tuesday, 26 August, 2008, 11:33 AM

Dear Savitriji,

Nice story. I know a bit of this story from my childhood.

During my college days, once I needed the full content of this story, I approached

many knowledgeable persons for it. No one could help me that time. Now when I

heard it from you, feel really happy. You are really a World Bank of stories.

Om Namo Narayanaya.

Thankyou very much.Regards and prayers

Sajan

--- On Sun, 8/24/08, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com> wrote:

Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com>[Guruvayur] Namasthe - The blessed frogSunday, August 24, 2008, 6:24 PM

Dear all, When Raama and Lakshmana were looking for Sita, they came near Pampaa Nadi in Kerala. They wanted to take rest on the beautiful banks of Pampa near the thick forest and mountain valleys. Before entering the river for a refreshing bath, they thrust their bows on the muddy bank near the river. After bath, Lakshmana took both bows and saw that Rama's bow had some blood along with the mud. So he showed the trace of blood to Rama. Rama was sure that he would have pierced the body of some innocent creature while thrusting the bow to the mud. Lakshmana looked for any creature and saw a wounded frog. Then Rama asked the frog: "Dear frog, why did not you make a noise when the end of the bow first hit your body? If I had heard the noise, I would have immediately withdrawn the bow. Usually frogs make a lot of noise when they see a snake or a predator. Why did not you make any noise? " Frog

said: "Lord, when a snake or any predator seizes me, I croak very loudly saying -Raama, please save me from this enemy, please protect me from this enemy . But today Raama himself came and pierced the bow through me, and I did not know whom to call for help! Lord, thinking of the punyam of dying with your hands, I was silently praying ." Rama' eyes were filled with tears and with a loving touch of his hand all the wounds of the frog disappeared. Later when the frog died a natural death, Vishnu Parshadaas came and took it to heaven. Regards and prayers savitri

Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now