IndiaDivine.org

Om Namo Narayanaya: Please Read

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya:

Dear All,

I don’t know how much i am devoted into.

Actually I was not into this path, but i used to pray those days, i studied some slokas from some books and i used to chant it.

Once i had a dream, you believe it or not, i saw Maha Vishnu in his full figure. With more heads and hands. it was a view from his foot towards head. It was not that much clear picture, even it was clear. With clouds and fog around. I was standing in front of him and i felt like a small thing in front of him. I don’t know how to explain, it was a very good visual I got only for a few moments and I haven’t seen that kind of image of Vishnu in any paintings.

I don’t even now know how I came to dream about him. within a fraction of seconds i woke up and I saw myself in my bed with fully sweat body, even my shirt, pillow, bed sheet every thing sweat. and as far as i can remember, i fall asleep soon.

The very next morning i wake up and i forgot about yesterdays dream. And after that day

i don’t know what happened, i suddenly stopped chanting the slogans, and for my surprise i even stopped praying. i don’t even thought about, why i stopped praying after that particular Dream?

One day, when I was coming back to my room from our near by temple, Exactly that time only, all of a sudden all these things came to my mind - about my dream, the sweatings, reality that I doesn’t offer any prayer after that day.( And I don’t even thought about praying? )

It all happened before my marriage, ( I was engaged, and my marriage was going to happen after a few months) I don’t know for what reason at this moment I offered a praying saying that I will visit Guruvayur Appan after the marriage. And I have done so. Also gracefully now we have a little baby girl and I named her ‘Krishna-priya’

And now I am little bit confused about my dream. And I am trying to search answers for my questiones.

Why I had such a dream?

I don’t think that I was the right person to whom, he should give his presence in my dreams.

Because I have done much mistakes, which I think our god willnot forget.

If, Then also he considers me as his good devotee, Then who am I ?

Is there any message that he tried to let me know and I don’t understand it?

Or is it just a dream?

I don’t even know how to pray. How should we offer pray?

I never prayed to god for requesting for him to help me to destroy my enemies or give me more wealth than my neighbor has - I just prayed for “his blessings and to give good health to my father, mymother, my wife, my child and me. And be good to my neighbors and to my enemies and listen to all the prayers you recive.” This is what I used to say to god after chanting some slokas.

Even if when I go to temple and see some praying to god crying, may be they will be in deep trouble, I will also pray for them, telling him that ‘I don’t know what he/she wants, but try to solve his/her problem’

When I go to temple, I used to wonder that how, some people keep on praying for more than 10 – 20 Mins in a single stand. And what are they trying to tell god, and how do they tell them?

Are they praying? Or are they talking to god?

And to my surprise I had found some things happening praying to god, that too personal

Should any one can offer prayer for personal benefits ?

For a promotion or to get a new car or to … the list goes on is it good?

Of course I too prayed for my personal reasons like to help me to study well in my school days ( I was very bad in my studies and I have a very bad memory ) and like to give ability for me to keep my father and mother happy in there last days, and not to cause trouble to them because of me.

My personal prayers are limited, I also has my own wishes like, to have a good job, to live in style, to buy a car … like that. But I never prayed to god to give me all these things.

All I prayed is to make my parents happy and don’t let my surroundings suffer because of me.

Is my prayers are right? If wrong, how should I?

My Questions goes like this, and I need an answer

So,now I am in search of some one who can help to find an guru, or to guide me in the proper direction and try to get my answers.

Thanks

Hrishi Surendran

Dear Hrishi Surendran,

I do not know very much about these matters either, but you ARE blessed to have a vision of Mahavishnu.So consider yourself very lucky and blessed.,Whatever the significance may be It is always good. This is the vision,all devotees would like to get. In Kaliyuga, it is said that sustained thoughts about Easwara is hard. The easiest .way of prayer is Narayanajapam.

God knows what is good for us. So there is no need to pray for specific needs. However there is no harm in praying for anything specific.But we should have the attitude to take whatever He gives as Prasadam,( good or bad)

This is my opinion in my limited knowledge.We have very good scholars knowledgable in

these matters in this group who will give answers for your questions.

regards,

Sreedevi

Om Namo Narayanaya

--- On Mon, 8/25/08, hrishi surendran <hrishi363 wrote:

hrishi surendran <hrishi363[Guruvayur] Om Namo Narayanaya: Please Readguruvayur Date: Monday, August 25, 2008, 4:45 AM

Om Namo Narayanaya:

Dear All,

Actually I was not into this path, but i used to pray those days, i studied some slokas from some books and i used to chant it.

Once i had a dream, you believe it or not, i saw Maha Vishnu in his full figure. With more heads and hands. it was a view from his foot towards head. It was not that much clear picture, even it was clear. With clouds and fog around. I was standing in front of him and i felt like a small thing in front of him. I don’t know how to explain, it was a very good visual I got only for a few moments and I haven’t seen that kind of image of Vishnu in any paintings.

I don’t even now know how I came to dream about him. within a fraction of seconds i woke up and I saw myself in my bed with fully sweat body, even my shirt, pillow, bed sheet every thing sweat. and as far as i can remember, i fall asleep soon.

The very next morning i wake up and i forgot about yesterdays dream. And after that day

i don’t know what happened, i suddenly stopped chanting the slogans, and for my surprise i even stopped praying. i don’t even thought about, why i stopped praying after that particular Dream?

One day, when I was coming back to my room from our near by temple, Exactly that time only, all of a sudden all these things came to my mind - about my dream, the sweatings, reality that I doesn’t offer any prayer after that day.( And I don’t even thought about praying? )

It all happened before my marriage, ( I was engaged, and my marriage was going to happen after a few months) I don’t know for what reason at this moment I offered a praying saying that I will visit Guruvayur Appan after the marriage. And I have done so. Also gracefully now we have a little baby girl and I named her ‘Krishna-priya’

And now I am little bit confused about my dream. And I am trying to search answers for my questiones.

Why I had such a dream?

I don’t think that I was the right person to whom, he should give his presence in my dreams.

Or is it just a dream?

I never prayed to god for requesting for him to help me to destroy my enemies or give me more wealth than my neighbor has - I just prayed for “his blessings and to give good health to my father, mymother, my wife, my child and me. And be good to my neighbors and to my enemies and listen to all the prayers you recive.” This is what I used to say to god after chanting some slokas.

Even if when I go to temple and see some praying to god crying, may be they will be in deep trouble, I will also pray for them, telling him that ‘I don’t know what he/she wants, but try to solve his/her problem’

When I go to temple, I used to wonder that how, some people keep on praying for more than 10 – 20 Mins in a single stand. And what are they trying to tell god, and how do they tell them?

And to my surprise I had found some things happening praying to god, that too personal

Of course I too prayed for my personal reasons like to help me to study well in my school days ( I was very bad in my studies and I have a very bad memory ) and like to give ability for me to keep my father and mother happy in there last days, and not to cause trouble to them because of me.

My personal prayers are limited, I also has my own wishes like, to have a good job, to live in style, to buy a car … like that. But I never prayed to god to give me all these things.

All I prayed is to make my parents happy and don’t let my surroundings suffer because of me.

So,now I am in search of some one who can help to find an guru, or to guide me in the proper direction and try to get my answers.

Thanks

Hrishi Surendran

Dear Hrshi Surenran,You are blessed.To think of p others during your prayers and to wish that God should grant all thier prayers, not to ask anything personal but only to pray that your parents shoud be happy etc. ispossible only to a pure mind and that is why you have had His darsan.Do not worry toomuch about the significance etc.He knows why He appeared to you and He eill look after that. I wish to relate a story which I read somewhere in this context. A man was going to church dressed in rags and used to come out in few minutes.. The pastor was wondering what he was doing in few miniutes which he continued every day and asked him. he said that he did not know any prayers as he was a poor and ignorant and he goes in and say"Jesus Jim is here," and come out.After some time he was taken ill and was admitted in hospital.As he

was having no visitors the nurse wanted to take away the chair by his bedside kept for visitors and he told her not to do it since he is getting a visitor every day. When seh asked who it was he sadi Jesus comes every day to say "Jim Jesus here."So it is the faith that works wonders and not the learning of sthortras and chanting manthras etc.The Lord knows your heart and he wants only thast and not praises or prayers. We chant the sthothras and sing his name just to express our joy of experienciing the His grace and to express our love. That is all. Give Him your heart and love Him as someone closest to you. When you do your obeissance to Him by prayers or going to the temple feel His presence. That is all needed to keep Him with you.saroja Ramanujam Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit. www.freewebs.com/asrama3 --- On Mon, 8/25/08, hrishi surendran <hrishi363 wrote:hrishi surendran <hrishi363[Guruvayur] Om Namo Narayanaya: Please ReadTo:

guruvayur Date: Monday, August 25, 2008, 5:15 PM

Om Namo Narayanaya:

Dear All,

Why I had such a dream?

Or is it just a dream?

Thanks

Hrishi Surendran

lovely explanation sarojaji...--- On Tue, 8/26/08, Saroja Ramanujam <sarojram18 wrote:

Saroja Ramanujam <sarojram18Re: [Guruvayur] Om Namo Narayanaya: Please Readguruvayur Date: Tuesday, August 26, 2008, 10:08 AM

Dear Hrshi Surenran,You are blessed.To think of p others during your prayers and to wish that God should grant all thier prayers, not to ask anything personal but only to pray that your parents shoud be happy etc. ispossible only to a pure mind and that is why you have had His darsan.Do not worry toomuch about the significance etc.He knows why He appeared to you and He eill look after that. I wish to relate a story which I read somewhere in this context. A man was going to church dressed in rags and used to come out in few minutes.. The pastor was wondering what he was doing in few miniutes which he continued every day and asked him. he said that he did not know any prayers as he was a poor and ignorant and he goes in and say"Jesus Jim is here," and come out.After some time he was taken ill and was admitted in hospital.As he was having no visitors the nurse wanted to take away the chair by his bedside kept for visitors and

he told her not to do it since he is getting a visitor every day. When seh asked who it was he sadi Jesus comes every day to say "Jim Jesus here."So it is the faith that works wonders and not the learning of sthortras and chanting manthras etc.The Lord knows your heart and he wants only thast and not praises or prayers. We chant the sthothras and sing his name just to express our joy of experienciing the His grace and to express our love. That is all. Give Him your heart and love Him as someone closest to you. When you do your obeissance to Him by prayers or going to the temple feel His presence. That is all needed to keep Him with you.saroja Ramanujam

Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit.

www.freewebs. com/asrama3

--- On Mon, 8/25/08, hrishi surendran <hrishi363 > wrote:

hrishi surendran <hrishi363 >[Guruvayur] Om Namo Narayanaya: Please Readguruvayur@grou ps.comMonday, August 25, 2008, 5:15 PM

Om Namo Narayanaya:

Dear All,

Why I had such a dream?

Or is it just a dream?

Thanks

Hrishi Surendran

Om Namo Narayanaya

Dear Hrishi

Do you know ,how lucky you are ? Bhagavan blessed you.You had a good a dream and not a bad dream.So please don't worry.

I think bhagavan wanted to increase your confidence and mental strength .He wanted to make you bold.

Because at the time of the great battle, Krishna acted as Arjuna's charioteer, since it was a position that did not require the wielding of weapons.Upon arriving at the battlefield, and seeing that the enemies he would soon fight against were people close to him prior to the battle, Arjuna becomes doubtful about fighting. Krishna then advises him about the battle and made him bold.

In the same manner he was trying to make you bold.

You know once I had a dream.

I had been taking Pradosha Vritham for several months. But once I missed it by mistake.The day was changed due to the variations in the sun set or sun rise .Sorry I don't know the exact reason.

But in the Pradosha day I had a dream.The dream was like this-I was standing at Shiva Temple and when I looked inside the sanctum,there was a Shiva lingam there and infront of the Shiva Lingam there was a cradle and baby krishna was sleeping on it.I was very happy.

Then somebody called me and asked me.""Meera , why are you so late.Don't you know today it is Pradosha .Come and join with us.Why are you standing there without taking Vritha"".

I woke up suddenly from the dream and I was shocked.But I took vritha on the second day and when I reahed temple the priest told me that Pradosham is not that day.it was on the previous day.I felt sad and requested bhagavan to pardon me.

Such is the love and care of God.

You know people living in different situations will have different life style, different customs and traditions.It will focus on thier prayers also.Mode of prayer will be different.Needs will be different.

If we think about others Karmas and always try to find out others faults,we will forget to do our karmas.

What we can do is to pray for the well being of the entire world .

Lokah Samastha Sukhino Bhavanthu.

There is no need to stop the prayers

You can chant simple mantras

Om Nama Shivaya

Om Namo Narayanaya

Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya

Hare Raama Hare Raama

Raama Raama Hare Hare

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna

Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

There is nothing to worry .Keep trust in God

With Prayers

Meera

--- On Mon, 8/25/08, hrishi surendran <hrishi363 wrote:

hrishi surendran <hrishi363[Guruvayur] Om Namo Narayanaya: Please Readguruvayur Date: Monday, August 25, 2008, 5:15 PM

Om Namo Narayanaya:

Dear All,

Why I had such a dream?

Or is it just a dream?

Thanks

Hrishi Surendran

Excellent--- On Wed, 27/8/08, regana9 <regana9 wrote:

regana9 <regana9Re: [Guruvayur] Om Namo Narayanaya: Please Readguruvayur Date: Wednesday, 27 August, 2008, 6:39 AM

lovely explanation sarojaji...--- On Tue, 8/26/08, Saroja Ramanujam <sarojram18 > wrote:

Saroja Ramanujam <sarojram18 >Re: [Guruvayur] Om Namo Narayanaya: Please Readguruvayur@grou ps.comTuesday, August 26, 2008, 10:08 AM

Dear Hrshi Surenran,You are blessed.To think of p others during your prayers and to wish that God should grant all thier prayers, not to ask anything personal but only to pray that your parents shoud be happy etc. ispossible only to a pure mind and that is why you have had His darsan.Do not worry toomuch about the significance etc.He knows why He appeared to you and He eill look after that. I wish to relate a story which I read somewhere in this context. A man was going to church dressed in rags and used to come out in few minutes.. The pastor was wondering what he was doing in few miniutes which he continued every day and asked him. he said that he did not know any prayers as he was a poor and ignorant and he goes in and say"Jesus Jim is here," and come out.After some time he was taken ill and was admitted in hospital.As he was having no visitors the nurse wanted to take away the chair by his bedside kept for visitors and

he told her not to do it since he is getting a visitor every day. When seh asked who it was he sadi Jesus comes every day to say "Jim Jesus here."So it is the faith that works wonders and not the learning of sthortras and chanting manthras etc.The Lord knows your heart and he wants only thast and not praises or prayers. We chant the sthothras and sing his name just to express our joy of experienciing the His grace and to express our love. That is all. Give Him your heart and love Him as someone closest to you. When you do your obeissance to Him by prayers or going to the temple feel His presence. That is all needed to keep Him with you.saroja Ramanujam

Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit.

www.freewebs. com/asrama3

--- On Mon, 8/25/08, hrishi surendran <hrishi363 > wrote:

hrishi surendran <hrishi363 >[Guruvayur] Om Namo Narayanaya: Please Readguruvayur@grou ps.comMonday, August 25, 2008, 5:15 PM

Om Namo Narayanaya:

Dear All,

Why I had such a dream?

Or is it just a dream?

I never prayed to god for requesting for him to help me to destroy my enemies or give me more wealth than my neighbor has - I just prayed for “his blessings and to give good health to my father, mymother, my wife, my child and me. And be good to my neighbors and to my enemies and listen to all the prayers you recive.†This is what I used to say to god after chanting some slokas.

Thanks

Hrishi Surendran

Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now