IndiaDivine.org

Vilwamangalam Swamiyar and kuroorAmma

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear GuruDevs,

Vilwamangalam Swamiyar was a very learned devoteee of Guruvayurappan. He was able to see Guruvayurappan and carry on with conversations with HIM. He was assigned various important duties by the Lord to conduct special Poojas ,Pratishtas etc . He has written many compositions about Guruvayurappan.Sreekrishnakarnamrutham is one among them. So it was considered very auspicious to have poojas conducted by Swmiyar

and he was very much in demand for this. Naturally ,he was proud of his accomplishments and of his special powers. .

KoroorAmma was also living there at the same period.She was also an ardent devotee of Guruvayurappan, , To the childless Amma, The Lord served as a son.HE used to play pranks with her, ate food, and helped her with nityapoojas etc. At times she used to even punish HIM tying HIM to the pillar!!

One day, Kurroramma requested Vilwmangalam to conduct pooja at her house.He agreedto do it. But on the prescribed day, Swamiyar forgot about it and accepted to do pooja in another prominent house. He started to proceed to that house But could not blow the conch which he used to do while starting from his house for every pooja.Suddenly he realised his mistake and proceeded to KuroorAmma,s house. Immediately he was able to blow the conch!

Meanwhile, Unnikuttan helped kurrorAmma to prepare for the poojas with naivedyam ,,flowers, decorations, etc. She and Unnikuttan waited for the Swamiyar, but he was late.

Swamiyar apologised to Amma, but in his vanity, could not recognise that the Lord himself is the boy who was helpling Amma.He told the boy not to touch any pooja materials.

After invoking Krishna to the Vigraha, he offered flowers in the direction of the vigraha.

The flowers directly were deposited on the feet of Unnikuttanand not on the vigraha. puzzled, Swamiyar ordered unnikuttan to move from the place, HE was standing near the vigraha and repeated the pooja. Again the flowers dropped on the feet of Unnikuttan .

He understood his mistake and did sastangapranams at the feet of the Lord and Kuroor amma and apologised to the Lord and to Amma.Lord told Swamiyaar that KuroorAmma has been his devotee fro five janmas, hence HIS preference to her.

So blessed was KuroorAmma..Now you will be pleasantly surprised to know that our Savitri Puram who regularly writes in this group is a member of the blessed family of Kurooramma! wth prayers,

sreedevi menon

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear Sreedeviji,

Thank you very much for retelling the story and Krishna kathaas are our " paadheyam " or packed lunch (pothicchoru in Malayaalam) in our life journey and they never, never get stale. Each story when retold by a devotee becomes another delicious Paadheyam. May Guruvayurappan bless you with aayuraarogya soukhyam.

It was very kind of you to remember me in this context even if I do not deserve any credit.

Regards and prayers

Savitri

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 11:29 PM, NVP Menon <nvpmenon wrote:

Dear GuruDevs,

Vilwamangalam Swamiyar was a very learned devoteee of Guruvayurappan. He was able to see Guruvayurappan and carry on with conversations with HIM. He was assigned various important duties by the Lord to conduct special Poojas ,Pratishtas etc . He has written many compositions about Guruvayurappan.Sreekrishnakarnamrutham is one among them. So it was considered very auspicious to have poojas conducted by Swmiyar

and he was very much in demand for this. Naturally ,he was proud of his accomplishments and of his special powers. .

KoroorAmma was also living there at the same period.She was also an ardent devotee of Guruvayurappan, , To the childless Amma, The Lord served as a son.HE used to play pranks with her, ate food, and helped her with nityapoojas etc. At times she used to even punish HIM tying HIM to the pillar!!

One day, Kurroramma requested Vilwmangalam to conduct pooja at her house.He agreedto do it. But on the prescribed day, Swamiyar forgot about it and accepted to do pooja in another prominent house. He started to proceed to that house But could not blow the conch which he used to do while starting from his house for every pooja.Suddenly he realised his mistake and proceeded to KuroorAmma,s house. Immediately he was able to blow the conch!

Meanwhile, Unnikuttan helped kurrorAmma to prepare for the poojas with naivedyam ,,flowers, decorations, etc. She and Unnikuttan waited for the Swamiyar, but he was late.

Swamiyar apologised to Amma, but in his vanity, could not recognise that the Lord himself is the boy who was helpling Amma.He told the boy not to touch any pooja materials.

After invoking Krishna to the Vigraha, he offered flowers in the direction of the vigraha.

The flowers directly were deposited on the feet of Unnikuttanand not on the vigraha. puzzled, Swamiyar ordered unnikuttan to move from the place, HE was standing near the vigraha and repeated the pooja. Again the flowers dropped on the feet of Unnikuttan .

He understood his mistake and did sastangapranams at the feet of the Lord and Kuroor amma and apologised to the Lord and to Amma.Lord told Swamiyaar that KuroorAmma has been his devotee fro five janmas, hence HIS preference to her.

So blessed was KuroorAmma..Now you will be pleasantly surprised to know that our Savitri Puram who regularly writes in this group is a member of the blessed family of Kurooramma! wth prayers,

sreedevi menon

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear Savitriji,

Thank you for appreciating my padheyam. I agree with you in that these kathas have to be told and retold.

They are refreshing and renews our faith in the Lord. I looked thorugh our blog and saw atleast one request for these stories, butcould not find any response except one about Swamiyar. . The miracles of Guruvayurappan are being experienced by countless devotees.If the moderators of our group does not have any objection, I encourage every devotee, who knows any story or legend and want to respond, to do so.May Guruvayurppan bless you and all of us

with prayers,

Sreedevi Menon

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA.

--- On Thu, 9/4/08, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram wrote:

Savitri Puram <savitriopuramRe: [Guruvayur] Vilwamangalam Swamiyar and kuroorAmmaguruvayur Date: Thursday, September 4, 2008, 3:07 PM

Dear Sreedeviji,

Thank you very much for retelling the story and Krishna kathaas are our "paadheyam" or packed lunch (pothicchoru in Malayaalam) in our life journey and they never, never get stale. Each story when retold by a devotee becomes another delicious Paadheyam. May Guruvayurappan bless you with aayuraarogya soukhyam.

It was very kind of you to remember me in this context even if I do not deserve any credit.

Regards and prayers

Savitri

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 11:29 PM, NVP Menon <nvpmenon > wrote:

Dear GuruDevs,

Vilwamangalam Swamiyar was a very learned devoteee of Guruvayurappan. He was able to see Guruvayurappan and carry on with conversations with HIM. He was assigned various important duties by the Lord to conduct special Poojas ,Pratishtas etc . He has written many compositions about Guruvayurappan. Sreekrishnakarna mrutham is one among them. So it was considered very auspicious to have poojas conducted by Swmiyar

So blessed was KuroorAmma.. Now you will be pleasantly surprised to know that our Savitri Puram who regularly writes in this group is a member of the blessed family of Kurooramma! wth prayers,

sreedevi menon

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear Sreedeviji,

I agree with you . All these purana stories are told many times by different people. But each time we hear , it refreshes everybody's memory. I have heard different versions of the story about the importance of the 60th chapter of Bhagavatham Dashama skandham. When I grew up I heard as Kootalloor Nambudiri's Bhakthi and later heard as Poonthaanam's bhakthi and also as another devotee's bhakthi. As you said, as long as it is " Bhakthi samvardhakam " and they are about Bhagavan and Bhaagavathaas, as said in Bhagavatha:

pibhatha bhagavatham rasamaalayammuhuraho rasika: bhuvi bhavukaa:

Drink the nectar again and again!

And even if our explanation and story telling has flaws, Bhagavatham assures:

" Yasmin prathisholkam abhadhyavatyapi " Even if we unknowingly pronounce or explain each and every shloka with mistakes, the dear lord still loves it.

That one assurance is enough for all of us to sing His glory. As Sreedeviji said, let us all glorify Him as best as we can!

Regards and prayers

Savitri

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 10:52 PM, NVP Menon <nvpmenon wrote:

Dear Savitriji,

Thank you for appreciating my padheyam. I agree with you in that these kathas have to be told and retold.

They are refreshing and renews our faith in the Lord. I looked thorugh our blog and saw atleast one request for these stories, butcould not find any response except one about Swamiyar. . The miracles of Guruvayurappan are being experienced by countless devotees.If the moderators of our group does not have any objection, I encourage every devotee, who knows any story or legend and want to respond, to do so.May Guruvayurppan bless you and all of us

with prayers,

Sreedevi Menon

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA.

Savitri Puram <savitriopuramRe: [Guruvayur] Vilwamangalam Swamiyar and kuroorAmma

guruvayur Date: Thursday, September 4, 2008, 3:07 PM

Dear Sreedeviji,

Thank you very much for retelling the story and Krishna kathaas are our " paadheyam " or packed lunch (pothicchoru in Malayaalam) in our life journey and they never, never get stale. Each story when retold by a devotee becomes another delicious Paadheyam. May Guruvayurappan bless you with aayuraarogya soukhyam.

Regards and prayers

Savitri

Dear GuruDevs,

Vilwamangalam Swamiyar was a very learned devoteee of Guruvayurappan. He was able to see Guruvayurappan and carry on with conversations with HIM. He was assigned various important duties by the Lord to conduct special Poojas ,Pratishtas etc . He has written many compositions about Guruvayurappan. Sreekrishnakarna mrutham is one among them. So it was considered very auspicious to have poojas conducted by Swmiyar

So blessed was KuroorAmma.. Now you will be pleasantly surprised to know that our Savitri Puram who regularly writes in this group is a member of the blessed family of Kurooramma! wth prayers,

sreedevi menon

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear all,

Radhe Krishna!~

Having read all the mails in a line, I have my own doubts whether Our

Savitriji is herself a reincarnation of Kurooramma ! Did Kurooramma

get salvation? If so, my doubt is misplaced. Did you notice one

thing, that Savitriji has deliberately left out the meaning of "rasam

aalayam", and has just said, "Drink the nectar again and again!" and

stopped there! This only means, that one should not pray for merger

with the Lord, but only pray for more and more "Bhakti", and not

"Mukti". If one gets Mukti,(merger or "Layam") like a drop of water

merging with the ocean and losing its identity, one too loses one's

identity, and also loses the bliss of serving the Lord, listening to

His stories and extolling His glories!

So let us only keep o--------------n drinking the nectar, the juice of

Bhagavatam, and never have the desire for merger with the Lord!

Loving regards

KVG.

Savitri Puram wrote:

Dear Sreedeviji,

I agree with you . All these purana stories are told many times

by different people. But each time we hear , it refreshes everybody's

memory. I have heard different versions of the story about the

importance of the 60th chapter of Bhagavatham Dashama skandham. When I

grew up I heard as Kootalloor Nambudiri's Bhakthi and later heard as

Poonthaanam's bhakthi and also as another devotee's bhakthi. As you

said, as long as it is "Bhakthi samvardhakam" and they are about

Bhagavan and Bhaagavathaas, as said in Bhagavatha:

pibhatha bhagavatham rasamaalayam

muhuraho rasika: bhuvi bhavukaa:

And even if our explanation and story telling has flaws,

Bhagavatham assures:

"Yasmin prathisholkam abhadhyavatyapi"

Even if we unknowingly pronounce or explain each and every shloka with

mistakes, the dear lord still loves it.

That one assurance is enough for all of us to sing His glory. As

Sreedeviji said, let us all glorify Him as best as we can!

Regards and prayers

Savitri

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 10:52 PM, NVP Menon <nvpmenon >

wrote:

Dear Savitriji,

Thank you for appreciating my padheyam. I agree with you

in that these kathas have to be told and retold.

They are refreshing and renews our faith in the Lord. I

looked thorugh our blog and saw atleast one request for these stories,

butcould not find any response except one about Swamiyar. . The

miracles of Guruvayurappan are being experienced by countless

devotees.If the moderators of our group does not have any objection, I

encourage every devotee, who knows any story or legend and want to

respond, to do so.May Guruvayurppan bless you and all of us

with prayers,

Sreedevi Menon

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA.

--- On Thu, 9/4/08, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram >

wrote:

Savitri Puram <savitriopuram >

Re: [Guruvayur] Vilwamangalam Swamiyar and kuroorAmma

guruvayur

Thursday, September 4, 2008, 3:07 PM

Dear Sreedeviji,

Thank you very much for retelling the story and

Krishna kathaas are our "paadheyam" or packed lunch (pothicchoru in

Malayaalam) in our life journey and they never, never get stale. Each

story when retold by a devotee becomes another delicious Paadheyam. May

Guruvayurappan bless you with aayuraarogya soukhyam.

It was very kind of you to remember me in this context

even if I do not deserve any credit.

Regards and prayers

Savitri

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 11:29 PM, NVP

Menon <nvpmenon (AT) (DOT)

com> wrote:

Dear GuruDevs,

Vilwamangalam Swamiyar was a very learned

devoteee of Guruvayurappan. He was able to see Guruvayurappan and carry

on with conversations with HIM. He was assigned various important

duties by the Lord to conduct special Poojas ,Pratishtas etc . He has

written many compositions about Guruvayurappan. Sreekrishnakarna

mrutham is one among them. So it was considered very auspicious to have

poojas conducted by Swmiyar

and he was very much in demand for this.

Naturally ,he was proud of his accomplishments and of his special

powers. .

KoroorAmma was also living there at the same

period.She was also an ardent devotee of Guruvayurappan, , To the

childless Amma, The Lord served as a son.HE used to play pranks with

her, ate food, and helped her with nityapoojas etc. At times she used

to even punish HIM tying HIM to the pillar!!

One day, Kurroramma requested Vilwmangalam to

conduct pooja at her house.He agreedto do it. But on the prescribed

day, Swamiyar forgot about it and accepted to do pooja in another

prominent house. He started to proceed to that house But could not

blow the conch which he used to do while starting from his house

for every pooja.Suddenly he realised his mistake and proceeded to

KuroorAmma,s house. Immediately he was able to blow the conch!

Meanwhile, Unnikuttan helped kurrorAmma to

prepare for the poojas with naivedyam ,,flowers, decorations, etc. She

and Unnikuttan waited for the Swamiyar, but he was late.

Swamiyar apologised to Amma, but in his

vanity, could not recognise that the Lord himself is the boy who was

helpling Amma.He told the boy not to touch any pooja materials.

After invoking Krishna to the Vigraha, he

offered flowers in the direction of the vigraha.

The flowers directly were deposited on the

feet of Unnikuttanand not on the vigraha. puzzled, Swamiyar ordered

unnikuttan to move from the place, HE was standing near the vigraha

and repeated the pooja. Again the flowers dropped on the feet of

Unnikuttan .

He understood his mistake and did

sastangapranams at the feet of the Lord and Kuroor amma and apologised

to the Lord and to Amma.Lord told Swamiyaar that KuroorAmma has been

his devotee fro five janmas, hence HIS preference to her.

So blessed was KuroorAmma.. Now you will be

pleasantly surprised to know that our Savitri Puram who regularly

writes in this group is a member of the blessed family of Kurooramma!

wth prayers,

sreedevi menon

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear KVG ji,

Savitriji may very well be !!. However we may as well leave it the LORD to decide about our sayoojyam!!

with prayers,

Sreedevi

OM NAMO NARAYANAYa

--- On Fri, 9/5/08, K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kv wrote:

K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kvRe: [Guruvayur] Vilwamangalam Swamiyar and kuroorAmmaguruvayur Date: Friday, September 5, 2008, 12:06 PM

Dear all,Radhe Krishna!~Having read all the mails in a line, I have my own doubts whether Our Savitriji is herself a reincarnation of Kurooramma ! Did Kurooramma get salvation? If so, my doubt is misplaced. Did you notice one thing, that Savitriji has deliberately left out the meaning of "rasam aalayam", and has just said, "Drink the nectar again and again!" and stopped there! This only means, that one should not pray for merger with the Lord, but only pray for more and more "Bhakti", and not "Mukti". If one gets Mukti,(merger or "Layam") like a drop of water merging with the ocean and losing its identity, one too loses one's identity, and also loses the bliss of serving the Lord, listening to His stories and extolling His glories! So let us only keep o----------- ---n drinking the nectar, the juice of Bhagavatam, and never have the desire for merger with the

Lord!Loving regardsKVG. Savitri Puram wrote:

Dear Sreedeviji,

I agree with you . All these purana stories are told many times by different people. But each time we hear , it refreshes everybody's memory. I have heard different versions of the story about the importance of the 60th chapter of Bhagavatham Dashama skandham. When I grew up I heard as Kootalloor Nambudiri's Bhakthi and later heard as Poonthaanam' s bhakthi and also as another devotee's bhakthi. As you said, as long as it is "Bhakthi samvardhakam" and they are about Bhagavan and Bhaagavathaas, as said in Bhagavatha:

"Yasmin prathisholkam abhadhyavatyapi"Even if we unknowingly pronounce or explain each and every shloka with mistakes, the dear lord still loves it.

That one assurance is enough for all of us to sing His glory. As Sreedeviji said, let us all glorify Him as best as we can!

Regards and prayers

Savitri

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 10:52 PM, NVP Menon <nvpmenon > wrote:

Dear Savitriji,

with prayers,

Sreedevi Menon

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA.

--- On Thu, 9/4/08, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com> wrote:

Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com>Re: [Guruvayur] Vilwamangalam Swamiyar and kuroorAmmaguruvayur@grou ps.comThursday, September 4, 2008, 3:07 PM

Dear Sreedeviji,

Thank you very much for retelling the story and Krishna kathaas are our "paadheyam" or packed lunch (pothicchoru in Malayaalam) in our life journey and they never, never get stale. Each story when retold by a devotee becomes another delicious Paadheyam. May Guruvayurappan bless you with aayuraarogya soukhyam.

Regards and prayers

Savitri

Dear GuruDevs,

sreedevi menon

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear and respected KVGji,

Kurooramma probabaly only wanted saalokyam and saameepayam and not saayoojyam and I think when prabdha karma phala was over, she would have got saalokyam and saamepyam because she was experiencing saameepyam off and on even on this earth. As you said, after saayoojyam, how can we enjoy this bliss Melpatthoor experienced and explained to us? Also this reminds me about Poonthanam's desire to see vaikundham before he wrote the Santhaana Gopaalam Paana. Since he had to describe Vaikundham and with out seeing Vaikundham in person, he thought it was inappropriate to describe to the devotees. Such was their love for Krishna, they did not think of any thing other than loving Him more and more.

I fully agree with everything you said except for the first sentence. I do pray to kurooramma and Uddhavaji to give unconditional bhakthi. My late mother used to pray the statue of Kurooramma behind the Ganapthi temple inside the naalambalam and (as children) always told us to pray to her for achanchala bhakthi. Kurror is my mother's house or ammatthu. But I will have to take thousands of janmaas to see some light. But I consider this satsangam as a great blessing!

With respectful regards and prayers

Savitri

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 2:06 PM, K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kv wrote:

Dear all,Radhe Krishna!~Having read all the mails in a line, I have my own doubts whether Our Savitriji is herself a reincarnation of Kurooramma ! Did Kurooramma get salvation? If so, my doubt is misplaced. Did you notice one thing, that Savitriji has deliberately left out the meaning of " rasam aalayam " , and has just said, " Drink the nectar again and again! " and stopped there! This only means, that one should not pray for merger with the Lord, but only pray for more and more " Bhakti " , and not " Mukti " . If one gets Mukti,(merger or " Layam " ) like a drop of water merging with the ocean and losing its identity, one too loses one's identity, and also loses the bliss of serving the Lord, listening to His stories and extolling His glories!

So let us only keep o--------------n drinking the nectar, the juice of Bhagavatam, and never have the desire for merger with the Lord!Loving regardsKVG.

Savitri Puram wrote:

Dear Sreedeviji,

I agree with you . All these purana stories are told many times by different people. But each time we hear , it refreshes everybody's memory. I have heard different versions of the story about the importance of the 60th chapter of Bhagavatham Dashama skandham. When I grew up I heard as Kootalloor Nambudiri's Bhakthi and later heard as Poonthaanam's bhakthi and also as another devotee's bhakthi. As you said, as long as it is " Bhakthi samvardhakam " and they are about Bhagavan and Bhaagavathaas, as said in Bhagavatha:

" Yasmin prathisholkam abhadhyavatyapi " Even if we unknowingly pronounce or explain each and every shloka with mistakes, the dear lord still loves it.

Regards and prayers

Savitri

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 10:52 PM, NVP Menon <nvpmenon wrote:

Dear Savitriji,

with prayers,

Sreedevi Menon

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA.

Savitri Puram <savitriopuramRe: [Guruvayur] Vilwamangalam Swamiyar and kuroorAmma

guruvayur Date: Thursday, September 4, 2008, 3:07 PM

Dear Sreedeviji,

Regards and prayers

Savitri

Dear GuruDevs,

sreedevi menon

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Namaskarams to all,

Kurur Amma, Vilwamangalam, Bhattathir, Meera Bhai all are so bhakthas that they were able to play and talk with kannan. My only prayer to Guruvayurappan is that HIS nama should always on my tongue and heart. If that is possible that is more than enough in this life. i am no where near to ask him more than that. In Guruvayur i go to see Kurur Amma, Bhattathiri near the well that is the exit door near Nalambalam. But now the temple people are pushing us outside so fast. even then i request and have their Darshan and say Gopikabhyo Namosthu.

regards and namaskams to all the Gopikas here

Meena Sahasranaman --- On Fri, 9/5/08, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram wrote:

Savitri Puram <savitriopuramRe: [Guruvayur] Vilwamangalam Swamiyar and kuroorAmmaguruvayur Date: Friday, September 5, 2008, 10:29 PM

Kurooramma probabaly only wanted saalokyam and saameepayam and not saayoojyam and I think when prabdha karma phala was over, she would have got saalokyam and saamepyam because she was experiencing saameepyam off and on even on this earth. As you said, after saayoojyam, how can we enjoy this bliss Melpatthoor experienced and explained to us? Also this reminds me about Poonthanam's desire to see vaikundham before he wrote the Santhaana Gopaalam Paana. Since he had to describe Vaikundham and with out seeing Vaikundham in person, he thought it was inappropriate to describe to the devotees. Such was their love for Krishna, they did not think of any thing other than loving Him more and more.

I fully agree with everything you said except for the first sentence. I do pray to kurooramma and Uddhavaji to give unconditional bhakthi. My late mother used to pray the statue of Kurooramma behind the Ganapthi temple inside the naalambalam and (as children) always told us to pray to her for achanchala bhakthi. Kurror is my mother's house or ammatthu. But I will have to take thousands of janmaas to see some light. But I consider this satsangam as a great blessing!

Savitri

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 2:06 PM, K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna. kv (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Dear all,Radhe Krishna!~Having read all the mails in a line, I have my own doubts whether Our Savitriji is herself a reincarnation of Kurooramma ! Did Kurooramma get salvation? If so, my doubt is misplaced. Did you notice one thing, that Savitriji has deliberately left out the meaning of "rasam aalayam", and has just said, "Drink the nectar again and again!" and stopped there! This only means, that one should not pray for merger with the Lord, but only pray for more and more "Bhakti", and not "Mukti". If one gets Mukti,(merger or "Layam") like a drop of water merging with the ocean and losing its identity, one too loses one's identity, and also loses the bliss of serving the Lord, listening to His stories and extolling His glories! So let us only keep o----------- ---n drinking the nectar, the juice of Bhagavatam, and never have the desire for merger with the

Lord!Loving regardsKVG.

Savitri Puram wrote:

Dear Sreedeviji,

I agree with you . All these purana stories are told many times by different people. But each time we hear , it refreshes everybody's memory. I have heard different versions of the story about the importance of the 60th chapter of Bhagavatham Dashama skandham. When I grew up I heard as Kootalloor Nambudiri's Bhakthi and later heard as Poonthaanam's bhakthi and also as another devotee's bhakthi. As you said, as long as it is "Bhakthi samvardhakam" and they are about Bhagavan and Bhaagavathaas, as said in Bhagavatha:

"Yasmin prathisholkam abhadhyavatyapi"Even if we unknowingly pronounce or explain each and every shloka with mistakes, the dear lord still loves it.

Regards and prayers

Savitri

Dear Savitriji,

with prayers,

Sreedevi Menon

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA.

Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com>Re: [Guruvayur] Vilwamangalam Swamiyar and kuroorAmmaguruvayur@grou ps.comThursday, September 4, 2008, 3:07 PM

Dear Sreedeviji,

Regards and prayers

Savitri

Dear GuruDevs,

sreedevi menon

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

om namo narayanaya

dear meena ji,

I also do the same thing after my daily pooja,I used to ask that at any time I should chant your nama and even if i get more trouble (kashtams) or more sukam, I nust chant your nama.Also whaterver job i do whether during my duty time or at house or while going to my office, sitting in the bus, i must chant the divya nama .And so far by the blessings of guruvayurappan and sri raja rajeswari, till to day i am able to do this.

regards, ab\nd namaskarams,

subramanian.p.s(madurai)

--- On Sat, 9/6/08, m.s. <meenasahas wrote:

m.s. <meenasahasRe: [Guruvayur] Vilwamangalam Swamiyar and kuroorAmmaguruvayur Date: Saturday, September 6, 2008, 11:38 AM

Namaskarams to all,

Kurur Amma, Vilwamangalam, Bhattathir, Meera Bhai all are so bhakthas that they were able to play and talk with kannan. My only prayer to Guruvayurappan is that HIS nama should always on my tongue and heart. If that is possible that is more than enough in this life. i am no where near to ask him more than that. In Guruvayur i go to see Kurur Amma, Bhattathiri near the well that is the exit door near Nalambalam. But now the temple people are pushing us outside so fast. even then i request and have their Darshan and say Gopikabhyo Namosthu.

regards and namaskams to all the Gopikas here

Meena Sahasranaman --- On Fri, 9/5/08, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com> wrote:

Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com>Re: [Guruvayur] Vilwamangalam Swamiyar and kuroorAmmaguruvayur@grou ps.comFriday, September 5, 2008, 10:29 PM

Savitri

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 2:06 PM, K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna. kv (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Lord!Loving regardsKVG.

Savitri Puram wrote:

Dear Sreedeviji,

I agree with you . All these purana stories are told many times by different people. But each time we hear , it refreshes everybody's memory. I have heard different versions of the story about the importance of the 60th chapter of Bhagavatham Dashama skandham. When I grew up I heard as Kootalloor Nambudiri's Bhakthi and later heard as Poonthaanam' s bhakthi and also as another devotee's bhakthi. As you said, as long as it is "Bhakthi samvardhakam" and they are about Bhagavan and Bhaagavathaas, as said in Bhagavatha:

Regards and prayers

Savitri

Dear Savitriji,

with prayers,

Sreedevi Menon

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA.

Dear Sreedeviji,

Regards and prayers

Savitri

Dear GuruDevs,

sreedevi menon

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

• 4 months later...

AUM NAMO NARAYANAYA

VERY GOOD. I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT VILWAMANGALAM AND KUROORAMMA.

HARE..KRISHNA

JAYASANKAR

--- On Sun, 1/2/09, NVP Menon <nvpmenon wrote:

NVP Menon <nvpmenon[Guruvayur] Vilwamangalam Swamiyar and kuroorAmma"guruvayur " <guruvayur >Sunday, 1 February, 2009, 3:05 AM

Dear GuruDevs,

So blessed was KuroorAmma.. Now you will be pleasantly surprised to know that our Savitri puram who regularly writes in this group is a member of the blessed family of Kurooramma! wth prayers,

sreedevi menon

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now

HARE KRISHNA !

Dear Savithri amma.....You are blessed to be a member of the family of Kurooramma.... No doubt how you are able to write so well with utmost simplicity.

Can you please request Lord to bless us (all members of this group) like you and your family are blessed by Unnikannan??

2009/2/1 NVP Menon <nvpmenon

Dear GuruDevs,

So blessed was KuroorAmma..Now you will be pleasantly surprised to know that our Savitri puram who regularly writes in this group is a member of the blessed family of Kurooramma! wth prayers,

sreedevi menon

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA -- Best regardsJayasree Menon

Bangalore+9900149461my blog link: http://www.pythrukam.blogspot.com/--A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal leadership are drivers of the growth trajectory.