IndiaDivine.org

Onam did you Enjoy? and about Pradosha Mahima

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste

Dear devottes this is a Mail send to me , and I thanks to Dr.Sastri to send me this mail.I am forwading to you with pranam and also I hope all of you one who is celebrating Onam enjoyed very much.

I enjoyed Onam with my wife and my kids , friends( what a foolish I am? only eating a big sadya is Celebrating Onam ?), and I am still sad that I am far away from my parents and my sisters and relatives ,due to my job .My eyes are coming wet when thinking of my childwood Onams with my parents and sisters, relatives.

with pranam

Dilip kumar

Dear friends and devotees,

Bhakti is eternal.

Pradosha Mahima

Pradhosha pooja is one of the most important among the poojas performed to the Graceful Lord Siva. In Sukla Paksha (15 moon days from New moon to Full moon) and Krishna Paksha (15 moon days from Full moon to New moon) the evening of the trayodasi (thirteenth moon day) between 4.30 p.m. to 6.00 p.m. is called Pradosha. It comes once in fifteen moon days. Pradosha time is especially meant for praying Lord Siva. Praying in that time

will free us from our sins and give moksha finally (hence the name Pradosha). During pradosha time a special type of circumambulating called soma suutra pradakshiNam( 1) is done.

Pradosha Purana:

Once Devas and Asuras using the serpent Vasuki and the hill Mandara were trying to get Amrutham (nector) from the Ksheerabdhi ( Milk Ocean ). Then the terrible poison ¡Halahalam¢ came up. All got frightened and pleaded to Lord Shiva for rescue. Being the peak of mercy, Lord Shiva ate that poison. Then as per His order they resumed their effort to get Amrutham. They

got it on Dwadasi (twelfth moon day). Without praying and thanking the God, by whom they got Amrutham, Devas started dancing and celebrating their victory.

On thrayodasi (thirteenth moon day) they realised their sin of not praying the God and pleaded for forgiveness. The pleased and graceful Lord Shiva forgave them and danced between the horns of the Nandi (holy bull). That time is called Pradosham. Whoever prays Lord Siva at that time, HE fulfills their wishes and give them mukthi (liberation) .

During Prodosha time anointing (Abhishekam) the Siva deity with the following is considered fruitful.

· Milk gives long life

· Ghee gives Moksha state

· Curd gives good children

· Honey gives melodious voice

· Rice powder frees from debts

· Sugar cane juice gives good health

· Pancamrutham gives wealth

· Lemon removes fear of death

· Sugar removes enmity

· Tender coconut gives enjoyment

· Cooked Rice(Annam) gives majestic life

· Sandal gives Lakshmi's grace

Anoint the Lord Shiva with Love, He would give Himself!!

Bilvam and flowers can be given for Siva pooja. Please go to Siva temple for every Pradosham and live in His grace blissfully.

Sivaaya nama, Om bhavaaya namah,

bhavaaya nama, Om namah Sivaaya.

With love and regards,

Sastry

with regards

dilip