IndiaDivine.org

Navaneetham Issue

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Sunil-ji,

I am seeing the magazine Navaneetham for the first time. I find the articles to be uniformly of a high standard. I was very much moved by the article 'Paribhavam' by Smt. Savitri Puram, which is most wonderful. It is suffused with bhakti and at the same time it brings out the essence of Advaita Vedanta in a very simple and direct manner. She has used in a very original manner the simile of the 'pottu' applied on the forehead appearing in the reflection in the mirror, which is found in Prahlada's stuti in Bhagavatam. She is indeed a worthy descendant of the great devotee Kururamma.

Regards,

S.N.Sastri

Dear and respected Sastriji,

I humbly offer your words of appreciation at the lotus feet of Guruvayurappan. I cannot hold your words of fragrant flowers in my hand for long because a person who translated the Naaraayaneeyam published by Chinmaya Mission and is the editor of the Bhaktharanjini commentary meant to offer these words at the Lotus feet of the Lord. But I consider myself fortunate that they passed through my hands. Sastriji, thank you very much for the encouraging words and you do not know how much it means to me.

With respectful regards and prayers

Savitri

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 12:57 AM, S.N. Sastri <sn.sastri wrote:

Dear Sunil-ji,

I am seeing the magazine Navaneetham for the first time. I find the articles to be uniformly of a high standard. I was very much moved by the article 'Paribhavam' by Smt. Savitri Puram, which is most wonderful. It is suffused with bhakti and at the same time it brings out the essence of Advaita Vedanta in a very simple and direct manner. She has used in a very original manner the simile of the 'pottu' applied on the forehead appearing in the reflection in the mirror, which is found in Prahlada's stuti in Bhagavatam. She is indeed a worthy descendant of the great devotee Kururamma.

Regards,

S.N.Sastri