IndiaDivine.org

Suffering!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Sir,

The below are the lines taken from a letter sent to me on a occassion when i had turned to a friend for guidance.

QuoteJoy, Happiness, Pleasure, Pain, misery, suffering - these are all inherent in our attitude.

Happiness is received by virtue of our good deeds, the pursuit of happiness perse is self centered and cannot bear fruit. Since happiness is the natural state of a human being, we need to examine the obstacles which prevent us from achieving it and understand how to deal with negative emotions which destroy our peace of mind.

It is said that intelligence is the means by which happiness is obtained. If our intelligence has not been able to give us happiness, even if we are successful by worldly standards, we need to re assess our values and concepts through which we hope to achieve happiness.

Unquote

Geetha Nair--- On Tue, 23/9/08, vinod krishna <vinod_krishna23 wrote:

vinod krishna <vinod_krishna23[Guruvayur] Suffering!"krishna" <guruvayur >Cc: "disha disha" <dshbissoonauthTuesday, 23 September, 2008, 6:02 PM

HareKrishna!

Dear Matured Devotees,

Why we are suffering from Mother's Womb to Cremetorium? , Kindly give me serious answers.

Hari Bol

Your Servant

VinodKrishna

Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now

HareKrishna!

Dear PrabhuJi,

Thank U for the valuable reply, can U please

clear a doubt, What is Manas, Bhuddi and

Ahamkaram and How they are joining our

Soul after death. What are their roles in

future births?.

Hari Bol

YS

VinodKrishna

--- On Tue, 9/23/08, Veryytterium <veryytterium wrote:

Veryytterium <veryytteriumRe: [Guruvayur] Suffering!guruvayur Date: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 7:47 AM

namo narayana

I am not eligible to answer this question, but these are my personal views

All the jeevatmas who have forgotten their real identity as nitya-dasa (eternal servant) of Lord Narayana in Sri Vaikuntam undergo material suffering.

These jeevatmas want to enjoy through sense gratification separate from the real proprietor (Lord Narayana) and hencee are bound by illusion (maya) and the laws of karma.

Bereft of true knowledge, these jeevatmas foolishly believe that they are the true owners of their material possessions hence have immense ego, arrogance, anger, lust, greed etc and continue in their quest to enjoy (suffer?) through material sense gratification. In doing so they accrue horrible karmic reactions which forces them to take repeated births and deaths in different planets and different forms.

However Lord Narayana who is bhaktavatsala, out of His causeless compassion, repeatedly ignores the faults of the jeevatma, and gives him infinite chances of redemption by surrendering to His lotus feet. Fed up with the eternal cycle of Life and Death, when the jeevatma performs saranagathi (total surrender to the Lod) the Lord himself takes control of the jeevatmas destiny and liberates the jeetvatma from His Maya and the Karmic laws and the jeevatma escapes these sufferings in form of repeated births and deaths!

Hence after performing saranagathi, a jeevatma (who is now a prapanna) must live not for his sense gratification, but must devote his whole life serving and worshipping the Lord, in doing so he obtains immense satisfaction and peace which can never be obtained by material sense gratification, hence the devotee attains a peaceful state even on this earth before he goes to his real home in Sri Vaikuntam.

Please elighten me with your views,

Sincerely,

Kamlesh --- On Tue, 9/23/08, vinod krishna <vinod_krishna23@ > wrote:

vinod krishna <vinod_krishna23@ >[Guruvayur] Suffering!"krishna" <guruvayur@grou ps.com>Cc: "disha disha" <dshbissoonauth@ >Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 8:32 AM

HareKrishna!

Dear Matured Devotees,

Why we are suffering from Mother's Womb to Cremetorium? , Kindly give me serious answers.

Hari Bol

Your Servant

VinodKrishna

Hare Krishna!

Sangeetha Ji,

Thanks for the reply.

Hari Bol

YS

VinodKrishna

--- On Tue, 9/23/08, sangeetha srinivasan <srisang76 wrote:

sangeetha srinivasan <srisang76Re: [Guruvayur] Suffering!guruvayur Date: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 8:49 PM

Dear Vinodhji,

This is the answer that came in the mind when I read your mail. All of us go through various phases of life.Some are able to travel in the divine path right from the childhood and blessed are they who get guided by various other scholars,books and their own insights.

Some others enter the divine path at various stages of life based on their lifestyles, individuality etc.From my personal experiences, I feel that suffering is a door that opens towards this divine path.More we suffer,more we tend to go towards God. Sometimes when I feel severely sad for something I pray, then I realise something has changed.I no longer feel sad. But then I realise that the problem is still there but for some reason that problem is not something that I should worry about. So suffering is something which I guess God gives each mankind, so that we think about Him and keep our conscience pure.No man is there without suffering, but people instead of seeing the reality think that others are happy and have everything in their life, so they get frustrated and undergo more sufferings. All they need to do is just open their inner eyes and look around!!

I am sure someone in our group can give a better explanation!

Om namo narayana...

Sangeetha

--- On Tue, 9/23/08, vinod krishna <vinod_krishna23@ > wrote:

vinod krishna <vinod_krishna23@ >[Guruvayur] Suffering!"krishna" <guruvayur@grou ps.com>Cc: "disha disha" <dshbissoonauth@ >Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 8:32 AM

HareKrishna!

Dear Matured Devotees,

Hari Bol

Your Servant

VinodKrishna