IndiaDivine.org

Fw: Suffering!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna !

I have heard during Bhagavatha Sapthaham, the gurus saying that the pain we are going through when we are in mother's womb is due to the karma phala of previous janma and it seems the baby would tell the Lord " I do not want to suffer like this (as the mother's womb is also suffocating) and that it will no more do such mistakes in this janma. But when we come out we forget all promises and do what we like with the result, again we are prone to make mistakes.

I am not sure but this is what I have heard.

Om Namo Narayanaya !

regards

On 26/09/2008, Saroja Ramanujam <sarojram18 wrote:

Krishna says ChathurvidhA bajanthE mAm janaah sukrthinO arjunaArthO jignaasurarTHArTHeejnAnee cha bharathrshbha (BG.7-16) 'Four types of devotees of noble deeds worship Me, Arjuna,the seeker after worldly possessions,arTHArTHee the afflicted,Arthee seeker for knowledge, jijnAsu and the man of wisdom,jnAnee., O best of Bharathas' A man who believes in God prays for the fulfilment of his cherished objects of the world,wealth or child and so on. When he gets them as a result of his prayer his devotion is strengthened and develops into faith.If he has not already acquired faith he will lose belief if his desire is not fulfilled.This is why we often hear the cry 'I no more believe in God,' from those who face disappointments in life.

Sugreeva and dhruva can be cited as examples of arTHArTHee type of devotees, the former devoloped faith after the fulfilment of his desire while Dhruva had both faith and beliefand became a jnani later, elevated to the status of dhruva star. The second kind of devotee who seeks God as his sole refuge when in distress like Droupadi or Gajendra are Arthees with staunch faith that He alone is their saviour, which is termed as mahAvisvAsam ,among the five requisites of saranAgathi. They do not seek Him for worldly pleasures but remain ardent devotees through out their life which alone will make them call out to Him in earnest.In normal life we do not have that faith in God eventhough we have belief in Him and therefore we suffer in consequence Here comes the importance of the word 'sukrthinah' which Krishna uses to describe the four kinds of devotees. To think of God and yearn for His mercy requires poorvajanmapunya. There is a story to illustrate this. A man who was a confirmed sinner was sitting on a tree and Lord Siva happened to pass that way with Parvathi. Siva told Parvathi that the man is going to fall from the tree and die since it is his fate. Parvathi, being the divine mother, took pity on the man and said that they should save him to which Siva replied that it was his karma being a sinner to die such a death.When Parvathi remonstrated with him Siva said that He will save the man if he cries out 'appa' and she should save him if he says 'amma' when he falls. Parvathi was happy without realising the real purport of Siva's words.The branch on which the man was sitting broke and he fell down crying'aiyo,' because he did not have the sukrthi to call God's name at the time of death JijnAsu is one who has pure devotion and does not seek the pleasures of life nor is he worried about distress because the only thing that could cause pain to him is being away from the Lord. Uddhava and to a certain extent Paikshit are the examples of this kind of Bhakthi. A jijnAsu who has pure devotion and does not seek the pleasures of life nor is he worried about distress because the only thing that could cause pain to him is being away from the Lord. Uddhava and to acertain extent Parikshit are the examples of this kind of Bhakthi. A jijnAsu loves the Lord for his own sake and seeks to acquire the jnana which the Lord Himself gives as in the case of Udhdhava or through someone as He did for Parikshit. The last but not least is the jnani who has realised the truth about the Lord like Prahlada, Narada and other sages who were both bhakthas and jnanis.

'ThEshAm jnAnee nithayukthah EkabhakthirvisishyathE; priyO hi jnaninO athyarTHam aham sa cha mama priyah.' (BG.7-17) Of these, says the Lord, jnani, the knower who is ever itegrated and exclusively devoted, excels. " I am exceedingly dear to him and he to Me. " Then are not the other three dear to the Lord? Krishna clears this doubt by saying 'udhaaraassarvaevaithe,' all the four are praiseworthy but the jnani is said to be the dearest in the sense that he is the very self of the Lord, that is, non-different from Him. The jnani is extolled because 'bahoonAm janmanAm anthE jnaanavAn mAm prapadhyathE, only after several births one becomes a jnani and reaches Me,' says krishna, and to find such a great soul to whonm everything is Vasudeva is very difficult, 'vaasudevaassarvam ithi sa mahaathmaa sudhurlabhah.'

-- Best regardsJayasree MenonBangalore+9900149461my blog link: http://www.pythrukam.blogspot.com/

--A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal leadership are drivers of the growth trajectory.