IndiaDivine.org

Namasthe- Navaratri 4

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear all,

Kushmaanda

The fourth Durga is Kushmanda. In this form Durga is eight-armed and rides on a tiger or lion. Ku+ Ushmam+ anda makes the name Kushmaanda. " Ku " means little, " ushmam " means energy or warmth and " anda " means (cosmic) egg. She is the one from whose fraction of energy whole world is emanated and hence the name Kushmaanda. She is very happy in this form and it is believed that the eternal darkness ended when she smiled and this led to the beginning of creation. In Sanskrit, Kushmanda refers to pumpkin. Pumpkin is one of the vegetables offered to Devi as naivedyam.Her worship removes all sorrows and diseases and she bestows the devotees with wealth, fame and strength to cross the ocean of samsaara and finally give moksham.

Jaganmaatharmaathasthava charana sevaam na rachitha,Navaa dattham devi dravinamapi bhooyasthava mayaa,Thadhaapi thwam sneham mayi nirupamam yath prakurushe,Kuputhro jayetha, kwachidapi kumatha na bhavathi.

Oh, God of all worlds, Neither have I done service at your feet,Nor have I given in charity immeasurable wealth,But you have to shower your incomparable affection on me,For a bad son may be born but there can be no bad mother.

Amme Naaraayan! Devi Naaraayana! Lakshmi Naaraayana! Bhadre Naaraayana!

Regards and prayers

Savitri