IndiaDivine.org

Namasthe- Navaratri 7

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear all,

Kaalaraatri

Kaalaraatri form of mother Durga is worshipped on the seventh day of Navaratri. Her complexion is as dark as night and hence the name Kaalaraatri or Kaali. Her wavy hair is loose and she wears a bright necklace radiating powerful light. She has three eyes and when she is angry, she becomes a terror to her enemies or evil people. But she remains a loving mother to her devotees. All the evil spirits run away as soon as devotee remembers Kaalaraatri. She brings mangalam to her devotees and hence she is also known as Shubhankari. Kaali worship destroys all the sins of a devotee and showers the devotee with Ashta siddhis. Shree Ramakrishna paramahamsar was a great devotee of Kaali and she saw Devi as well as all women as his mother. Kaali protects the devotees like a mother.

Na mokshasyaakamkshaabhava vibhava vaanchhapi cha na mae,Na vijnaanaapeksha Sashimukhi sukheschhaapi na puna:Athasthwaam samyaache janani jananam yaathu mama vai,Mrudaani Rudraani Shiva Shiva Bhavaani japatha:

I am not interested in salvation nor in great wealth,I am not interested in knowledge, science or pleasures,Hey mother, I beg of you that I should spend this life,Chanting thy names like Mrudani, Rudrani and Bhavani. (P.S. Ramachnader)

Amme Naaraayana! Devi Naaraayana! Lakshmi Naaraayana! Bhadre Naaraayana!

Regards and prayers

Savitri