IndiaDivine.org

Namasthe- A prayer for our mind

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear all,

We all know that mind is everything and is all powerful. God is beyond mind and we have to reach him using our mind! I would like to share the definitions and prayer for our mind to be absorbed in noble thoughts. (From Prof. B.R. Kulkarni's article in Bhavan's Journal.)

That which traverses long distances while awake, as also during sleep, that which is the light of lights, may that mind of mine be absorbed in noble thoughts!

That with which wise people accomplish their tasks and excel in assemblies and sacrificial duties, that mysterious spirit residing in all beings, may that mind of mine be absorbed in noble thoughts!

That which is knowledge and wisdom, as well as strength, that which is immortal light in the heart, that with out which no work whatsoever can be undertaken, may that mind of mine be absorbed in noble thoughts!

That immortal principle which comprehends both the past and the future, that which helps the accomplishment of the sacrifice performed by the seven sacrificers, may that mind of mine be absorbed in noble thoughts!

That in which Rigveda, Samaveda and Yajurveda are established as spokes in a wheel, that which enters into every single activity of people, may that mind of mine be absorbed in noble thoughts!

That which guides men's deeds as a clever charioteer guides the movement of his horses, that which is speedy and deathless, and which inhabits the heart, may that mind of mine be absorbed in noble thoughts! - Yajurveda

Aa no bhadra:krathavo yanthu viswatha: Let noble thoughts come to us from every side! -Rigveda

Where else we can find such beautiful and meaningful prayers other than in our Vedaas and Upanishads?

Regards and prayers

Savitri