Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Seemaji,

Good to read about your trip to Ravana's garden. This was the first

time I was reading a travelogue about the place where Seetha devi was

imprisoned.

If possible, please write a two page article with some photos if you

have and we will add it to our pilgrim blog, that way thousands of

people can get a first hand experience of the same.

Thanks for all your comments and support.

Om Namo Narayanaya:

Sunil

guruvayur , Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier

wrote:

>

> Namaste everyone,

> Went through Navaneetham and I wish to congratulate all associated

with it, in brining such a wonderful magazine. As usual, this issue is

also very informative. I feel blessed to be a part of this wonderful

group.

> This month beginning, we went to Srilanka. This is the third time we

are visiting that beautiful country. This time we decided to go to

some places not already visited by us and decided on a hill station

named Nuwara Eliya - a very beautiful scenic place. The places to

visit nearby were many but we decided to go to Sita temple - Sita

allaya, as the place is called. As imagined, it is the place where

Ravana was supposed to have kept Sita - the Asokavana. There is a

temple now dedicated to Lord Rama, Sita, Lakshmana and Hanuman. A

stream flows below which is named Sitaammanaaru where Sita was

supposed to have taken bath. On the other side of the stream there are

rocks, on which there are big holes like, which is said to be the

footprint of Hanuman when He came to see Sita. Haggala garden - one of

the most famous Botanical garden with lots of medicinal plants,

situated just 5 minutes drive from this place - is said to be Ravana's

garden. There are 2

> mountains nearby on the other side of which was supposed to be

Ravana's palace, but now it is dense forest with a big waterfall

called as Ravana waterfall. I felt so lucky that we were able to visit

some place connected with our great epic and wanted to share the news

with all in the group.

> Jai Sree Krishna

>  

> Seema

>

>

>

>

>

>

• 3 weeks later...

Namaste

We were informed from there of the trip in groups from various parts of India. Can you please send the photos? I took in the handy cam as video and I am not able to attach it now.

Jai Sree Krishna--- On Tue, 11/4/08, prabhakar ak <prabhapattom wrote:

prabhakar ak <prabhapattomRe: [Guruvayur] Re: Srilanka tripguruvayur Cc: "balachandraji" <chambalTuesday, November 4, 2008, 4:40 PM

hariom.under the auspices of the chinmaya mission a team visited srilanka during the period from 19th oct. to 1st nov.mywife and myself were fortunate to be in the team.it was a very good, excellent experience.should you require the details, we will be sending to u with photos.Our friend Sri Balachandra from Bangalore has a good collection of fotos.He'll do it,I thinkPrabhakar, Guruvayur. .prabhakarji, C/0 GUruvayurappan, gvr.--- On Sun, 10/19/08, menon_sunil <menon_sunil@ > wrote:

menon_sunil <menon_sunil@ >[Guruvayur] Re: Srilanka tripguruvayur@grou ps.comSunday, October 19, 2008, 11:31 PM

Dear Seemaji,Good to read about your trip to Ravana's garden. This was the firsttime I was reading a travelogue about the place where Seetha devi wasimprisoned. If possible, please write a two page article with some photos if youhave and we will add it to our pilgrim blog, that way thousands ofpeople can get a first hand experience of the same.Thanks for all your comments and support.Om Namo Narayanaya:Sunilguruvayur@grou ps.com, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ ...>wrote:>> Namaste everyone,> Went through Navaneetham and I wish to congratulate all associatedwith it, in brining such a wonderful magazine. As usual, this issue isalso very informative. I feel blessed to be a part of this wonderfulgroup.> This month beginning, we went to Srilanka. This is the

third time weare visiting that beautiful country. This time we decided to go tosome places not already visited by us and decided on a hill stationnamed Nuwara Eliya - a very beautiful scenic place. The places tovisit nearby were many but we decided to go to Sita temple - Sitaallaya, as the place is called. As imagined, it is the place whereRavana was supposed to have kept Sita - the Asokavana. There is atemple now dedicated to Lord Rama, Sita, Lakshmana and Hanuman. Astream flows below which is named Sitaammanaaru where Sita wassupposed to have taken bath. On the other side of the stream there arerocks, on which there are big holes like, which is said to be thefootprint of Hanuman when He came to see Sita. Haggala garden - one ofthe most famous Botanical garden with lots of medicinal plants,situated just 5 minutes drive from this place - is said to be Ravana'sgarden. There are 2>

mountains nearby on the other side of which was supposed to beRavana's palace, but now it is dense forest with a big waterfallcalled as Ravana waterfall. I felt so lucky that we were able to visitsome place connected with our great epic and wanted to share the newswith all in the group.> Jai Sree Krishna> > Seema> > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __> > > http://mail. >

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for sharing this news with me.

I would be delighted to receive the details and photograph.

Regards

Geeta Shetty

guruvayur [guruvayur ] On Behalf Of prabhakar akTuesday, November 04, 2008 10:11 PMguruvayur Cc: balachandrajiRe: [Guruvayur] Re: Srilanka trip

hariom.under the auspices of the chinmaya mission a team visited srilanka during the period from 19th oct. to 1st nov.mywife and myself were fortunate to be in the team.it was a very good, excellent experience.should you require the details, we will be sending to u with photos.Our friend Sri Balachandra from Bangalore has a good collection of fotos.He'll do it,I thinkPrabhakar,Guruvayur..prabhakarji, C/0 GUruvayurappan,gvr.--- On Sun, 10/19/08, menon_sunil <menon_sunil > wrote:

menon_sunil <menon_sunil >[Guruvayur] Re: Srilanka tripguruvayur Date: Sunday, October 19, 2008, 11:31 PM

Dear Seemaji,Good to read about your trip to Ravana's garden. This was the firsttime I was reading a travelogue about the place where Seetha devi wasimprisoned. If possible, please write a two page article with some photos if youhave and we will add it to our pilgrim blog, that way thousands ofpeople can get a first hand experience of the same.Thanks for all your comments and support.Om Namo Narayanaya:Sunilguruvayur@grou ps.com, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@ ...>wrote:>> Namaste everyone,> Went through Navaneetham and I wish to congratulate all associatedwith it, in brining such a wonderful magazine. As usual, this issue isalso very informative. I feel blessed to be a part of this wonderfulgroup.> This month beginning, we went to Srilanka. This is the third time weare visiting that beautiful country. This time we decided to go tosome places not already visited by us and decided on a hill stationnamed Nuwara Eliya - a very beautiful scenic place. The places tovisit nearby were many but we decided to go to Sita temple - Sitaallaya, as the place is called. As imagined, it is the place whereRavana was supposed to have kept Sita - the Asokavana. There is atemple now dedicated to Lord Rama, Sita, Lakshmana and Hanuman. Astream flows below which is named Sitaammanaaru where Sita wassupposed to have taken bath. On the other side of the stream there arerocks, on which there are big holes like, which is said to be thefootprint of Hanuman when He came to see Sita. Haggala garden - one ofthe most famous Botanical garden with lots of medicinal plants,situated just 5 minutes drive from this place - is said to be Ravana'sgarden. There are 2> mountains nearby on the other side of which was supposed to beRavana's palace, but now it is dense forest with a big waterfallcalled as Ravana waterfall. I felt so lucky that we were able to visitsome place connected with our great epic and wanted to share the newswith all in the group.> Jai Sree Krishna> > Seema> > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __> > > http://mail. >

--------------------------

Venus Jewel, Mumbai, India