IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: FW: It's so meaningful - What a wonderful lesson!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HARI AUM What a wonderful lesson! With so much emotion! I earnestly request – exhort, all our members to read this post: atleast I could learn fresh lessons, which I did not consider that important inthe past, over 7 decades!Madam Savitri Puram, you are proving to be "The Mark's Math Teacher" for our Class - the guruvayur Group - to see "the nicest" things about others. Thankyou.Regards, nb nair.guruvayur , "Savitri Puram" <savitriopuram wrote:>> *One day a teacher asked her students to list the names of the other> students in the room on two sheets of paper, leaving a space between each> name. *> > > > > > *> > Then she told them to think of the nicest thing they could say about each of> their classmates and write it down. *> > > > > > *> > It took the remainder of the class period to finish their assignment, and as> the students left the room, each one handed in the papers. *> > > > > > > *> > > > That Saturday, the teacher wrote down the name of each student on a separate> sheet of paper, and listed what everyone else had said about that> individual.. *> > > > > > > *> > > > On Monday she gave each student his or her list. Before long, the entire> class was smiling. 'Really?' she heard whispered. 'I never knew that I meant> anything to anyone!' and, 'I didn't know others liked me so much,' were most> of the comments. *> > > > > > > *> > > > No one ever mentioned those papers in class again. She never knew if they> discussed them after class or with their parents, but it didn't matter. The> exercise had accomplished its purpose. The students were happy with> themselves and one another. That group of students moved on. *> > > > > > > > > *> > Several years later, one of the students was killed in *> > > *VietNam** and his teacher attended the funeral of that special student. She> had never seen a serviceman in a military coffin before. He looked so> handsome, so mature. *> > > > > > > *> > > > The church was packed with his friends. One by one those who loved him took> a last walk by the coffin. The teacher was the last one to bless the> coffin.. *> > > > > > > *> > > > As she stood there, one of the soldiers who acted as pallbearer came up to> her. 'Were you Mark's math teacher?' he asked. ! She nodded: 'yes.' Then he> said: 'Mark talked about you a lot.' *> > > > > > > *> > > > After the funeral, most of Mark's former classmate! s went together to a> luncheon. Mark's mother and father were there, obviously waiting to speak> with his teacher. *> > > > > > > *> > > 'We want to show you something,' his father said, taking a wallet out of his> pocket 'They found this on Mark when he was killed. We thought you might> recognize it.' *> > > > > > > *> > > > Opening the billfold, he carefully removed two worn pieces of notebook paper> that had obviously been taped, folded and refolded many times. The teacher> knew without looking that the papers were the ones on which she had listed> all the good things each of Mark's classmates had said about him. *> > > > > > > *> > > > 'Thank you so much for doing that,' Mark's mother said. 'As you can see,> Mark treasured it.' *> > > > > > > *> > > > All of Mark's former classmates started to gather around. Charlie smiled> rather sheepishly and said, 'I still have my list. It's in the top drawer of> my desk at home.' *> > > > > > > *> > > > > Chuck's wife said, 'Chuck asked me to put his in our wedding album.' *> > > > > > > *> > > > 'I have mine too,' Marilyn said. 'It's in my diary' *> > > > > > > *> > > > Then Vicki, another classmate, reached into her pocketbook, took out her> wallet and showed her worn and frazzled list to the group. 'I carry this> with me at all times,' Vicki said and without batting an eyelash, she> continued: 'I think we all saved our lists' *> > > > > > > *> > > > That's when the teacher finally sat down and cried. She cried for Mark and> for all his friends who would never see him again. *> > > > > > > *> > > > The density of people in society is so thick that we forget that life will> end one day. And we don't know when that one day will be. *> > > > > > > *> > > > So please, tell the people you love and care for, that they are special and> important. Tell them, before it is too late. *> > > > > > > *> > > > And One Way To Accomplish This Is: Forward this message on. If you do not> send it, you will have, once again passed up the wonderful opportunity to do> something nice and beautiful. But it's up to U to fwd this one.. *!> > > > > > > *> > > > **If you've received this, it is because someone cares for you and it means> there is probably at least someone for whom you ! care. *> > > > > > > *> > > > If you're 'too busy' to take those few minutes right now to forward this> message on, would this be the VERY first time you didn't do that little> thing that would make a difference in your relationships? *> > > > > > > *> > > > The more people that you send this to, the better you'll be at reaching out> to those you care about. *> > > > > > > *> > Remember, you reap what you sow. What you put into the lives of others comes> back into your own. *> > > May Your Day Be Blessed As Special As You> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------> > Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live> Spaces. It's easy! Try> it!<http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create & wx_url=/friends.aspx & mkt=en-us>> ------------------------------> > Get the best wallpapers on the Web – FREE. Click> here!<http://wallpapers.msn.com/?ocid=%5bB001MSN42A0716B%5d>> ------------------------------> > > > > > > > --> Godan and Savithry Nambudiripad> 1716 James Place> Burnsville, MN 55337-4436> USA> Phone: 952-894-8945> > > Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com > Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.8.2/1739 - Release 10/22/2008 7:23 AM>