IndiaDivine.org

Namasthe- Annapoorna Devi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

om namo narayanaya

respected savithri ji,

my ananthakoti namaskarams,

very nice story.

I used to chant annapoornashtakam daily along with kanakadhara sthothram during my morning prayer and puja time and also while taking my lunch in the factory, I used to chant the last line annapoornew sadapoorne sankarapranvallabe,jnana vairagya sidhyartham bhikshandehi cha parvathi,matha cha parvathi devi pitha devo maheswara,bhandavachaswadeso bhuvanathrayam and finaly krishnarppanamadthu.

my ananthakoti namaskarams,

subramanian.p.s.(madurai)

--- On Sun, 11/2/08, K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kv wrote:

K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kvRe: [Guruvayur] Namasthe- Annapoorna Deviguruvayur Date: Sunday, November 2, 2008, 3:43 AM

Radhe Krishna!Wonderful posting from Savitriji! I keep wondering from where she is able to get lots of divine stories like this. Now I know why Lord Krishna kept Himself out of Yudhishtira' s thoughts when the Pandavas were invited for dice by the Kauravas. If the Lord had helped the Pandavas in dice, the Pandavas would have won, there would not have been any Kurukshetra war! Otherwise, how would have we got the "Bhagavad-gita" ?Every act of the lord has a purpose behind it. We humans, due to ignorance, are not able to recognise it! That is again, "Maya"!Blessed are we, to have Savitriji in the group!Regards Savitri Puram wrote:

Dear all,

We have heard this prayer:

Annapoorne sadaapoorne shankarapraanavalla be

Jnaanavairaagya sidhyarttham bhikshaam dehi cha paarvathi

Who is Annapoorna Devi? One version of a story about Devi is this:

Once Shiva and Parvathi were playing dice in their leisure time. For fun, they started betting things. First Shiva offered his trident if he lost and Parvathi offered her jewels if she lost. Both played with enthusiasm and Shiva lost the first time and lost his trident. Again with more enthusiasm Shiva played and lost his serpent in the second game. He did not give up. He kept wagering all his possessions one by one including the loin cloth he was wearing and lost all of them to Parvathi Devi. He was humiliated, dejected and he went into seclusion.

Vishnu Bhagavan saw this and decided to help Shiva. So he encouraged Shiva to play again and this time he said he would make sure that he would win. Shiva reluctantly agreed and started the game of dice. With Vishnu Bhagavan's extraordinary help, Shiva won every time and Parvathi suspected some foul play. They both blamed each other and it was almost progressing into a fight and then Vishnu Bhagavan appeared in front of both of them. Vishnu Bhagavan consoled them saying that the game was only an illusion and actually nobody won or lost. Vishnu Bhagavan added that life also is an illusion just like the game of dice and that is what they should learn from this game.

Shiva acted smart and continued the conversation by saying that even the Parakruthi Devi or Parvathi Devi is an illusion. Parvathi got very upset and decided to disappear immediately. Her disappearance caused a big confusion in the universe. Time stood still, seasons did not come and go, wind did not blow, rains forgot about earth and Sun and moon became dim and the whole world prayed Prakuthi Devi or Shakthi to reappear and bless the universe.

Mother Parvathi Devi's heart overflowed with kindness and she appeared in Kashi with lot of food and all other Eaisharyam from wealth to Jnaanam and Vairaagyam in her hand. Shiva was the first one to go and beg for alms and Parvathi Devi fed him with her hands. Shiva said: "Devi, I understand that as long as one is attached to the mind and body, material world is not an illusion. One has to see Mother Prakruti Devi in you, respect you, be considerate to you and pray for your blessings to lead a material life that will take one beyond the mind and body.Only when one goes beyond the mind and body he/she can merge with you and then with Purushan!"

Since then Parvathi is also known as Annapoorna Devi. She is capable of fulfilling any kind of Bhiksha we ask for. It can be just food to satisfy our physical hunger or it can be food to satisfy our spiritual hunger.

Regards and prayers

Savitri

AMME NARAYANA !

Respected Savitriji and othe Gurudevs ,

The story of Annapurnadevi is quite informative . From the childhood the Slokam Written by Jagdguru Adishankara - Nityanandakari Varabhayakari Soundarya Ratnakari - ( Annapurneshwari Sthothram ) has been heard / chanted . But never the chance came to visit an Annapruneshwari Temple . I have heard of only one such temple named Cherukunnil Annapurneshwari Temple in North Kerala . But being a central Keralite ( Trichur - Guruvayur ) it was not possible to have a pilgrimage to there till date . Hope one day I can achieve that too .

If there are any Annapurneshwari Temples in and around Trichur / Palakkad / Ernakulam Districts , Kindly give the details.

With Prayers

Gopalakrishnan--- On Mon, 3/11/08, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram wrote:

Savitri Puram <savitriopuramRe: [Guruvayur] Namasthe- Annapoorna Deviguruvayur Date: Monday, 3 November, 2008, 12:46 AM

Dear and respected Gopalakrishnaji,

Your observation is so interesting. As you mentioned, Bhagavan always has a master plan for everything and with out knowing that we always worry about what is happening and what would happen.

While reading a book for writing something during Navaratri, I came across this story of Annapoorna. It was new to me and I thought I will share with our group.

Respectful regards and prayers

Savitri

On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 9:43 PM, K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna. kv (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Radhe Krishna!Wonderful posting from Savitriji! I keep wondering from where she is able to get lots of divine stories like this. Now I know why Lord Krishna kept Himself out of Yudhishtira's thoughts when the Pandavas were invited for dice by the Kauravas. If the Lord had helped the Pandavas in dice, the Pandavas would have won, there would not have been any Kurukshetra war! Otherwise, how would have we got the "Bhagavad-gita"?Every act of the lord has a purpose behind it. We humans, due to ignorance, are not able to recognise it! That is again, "Maya"!Blessed are we, to have Savitriji in the group!Regards

Savitri Puram wrote:

Dear all,

Once Shiva and Parvathi were playing dice in their leisure time. For fun, they started betting things. First Shiva offered his trident if he lost and Parvathi offered her jewels if she lost. Both played with enthusiasm and Shiva lost the first time and lost his trident. Again with more enthusiasm Shiva played and lost his serpent in the second game. He did not give up. He kept wagering all his possessions one by one including the loin cloth he was wearing and lost all of them to Parvathi Devi. He was humiliated, dejected and he went into seclusion.

Vishnu Bhagavan saw this and decided to help Shiva. So he encouraged Shiva to play again and this time he said he would make sure that he would win. Shiva reluctantly agreed and started the game of dice. With Vishnu Bhagavan's extraordinary help, Shiva won every time and Parvathi suspected some foul play. They both blamed each other and it was almost progressing into a fight and then Vishnu Bhagavan appeared in front of both of them. Vishnu Bhagavan consoled them saying that the game was only an illusion and actually nobody won or lost. Vishnu Bhagavan added that life also is an illusion just like the game of dice and that is what they should learn from this game.

Shiva acted smart and continued the conversation by saying that even the Parakruthi Devi or Parvathi Devi is an illusion. Parvathi got very upset and decided to disappear immediately. Her disappearance caused a big confusion in the universe. Time stood still, seasons did not come and go, wind did not blow, rains forgot about earth and Sun and moon became dim and the whole world prayed Prakuthi Devi or Shakthi to reappear and bless the universe.

Mother Parvathi Devi's heart overflowed with kindness and she appeared in Kashi with lot of food and all other Eaisharyam from wealth to Jnaanam and Vairaagyam in her hand. Shiva was the first one to go and beg for alms and Parvathi Devi fed him with her hands. Shiva said: "Devi, I understand that as long as one is attached to the mind and body, material world is not an illusion. One has to see Mother Prakruti Devi in you, respect you, be considerate to you and pray for your blessings to lead a material life that will take one beyond the mind and body.Only when one goes beyond the mind and body he/she can merge with you and then with Purushan!"

Since then Parvathi is also known as Annapoorna Devi. She is capable of fulfilling any kind of Bhiksha we ask for. It can be just food to satisfy our physical hunger or it can be food to satisfy our spiritual hunger.

Regards and prayers

Savitri

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.

Dear Annapoorniji,

Your own story you described with all humility is so touching. May Annapoorneswari bless you with poorvaadhika bhakthi and aiswaryam!

Sharing stories like this of real experiences helps to reinforce our faith. Thank you Annapoorniji! I have several incidents in my own life to share with all gurudevs. May be, Guruvayurappan willing, I will do through Navaneetham.

Regards and prayers

Savitri

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 4:10 AM, Annapoorni Venkatesh <annapoornivenkatesh wrote:

Dear Shri Gopalakrishnanji, Yes Gopalakrishnanji. In Trichur district Pazhayanoor Shree Annapoorneswari Bhagwati Temple is there. It is nearly one-and-half-an-hour distance from Trichur. I am from the native of Pazhayannoor. We had excellent experience with Shree Annapoorneswari. In Palghat district, one more Annapoorneswari Temple is there that is in Puthocode near Vadakkancheri. I want to share the experience to the Group members with the great Annapoorneswari of Pazhayanoor Bhagawati. As said by Smt. Savitriji, we have deeply faced several years of daaridryadukham and therefore we could not complete our education also. Some days we have slept empty stomach also. But all of the family members have the practice of going to the Bhagwati temple almost all the days except some inauspicious days and used to chant the Annapoorneswari Sthothram also. In temple everyday the first Sthothram was Nithyanandakari… at 4'0 clock and most of the familieis will start their days work after hearing the Sthothram.

Why I am writing is that now we have got a good life, which we cannot see in the dream also. All this happens because of her kindness. Now all of us settled well and got good job and even a comfortable house also. When I am writing this my heart is very much paining, we still don't know how we have come out from that period. Koti Pranamams to Annapoorneswari. But whatever may be that life was excellent and joyful. I have one more experience since my name is Annapoorni, one of my colleaque was used to say that what name is yours, so old name and long name, etc. But I have understood that the success of my life behind this name only. Koti Pranamams to Savitriji also. Regards, (Annapoorni Venkatesh)--- On Mon, 3/11/08, Gopala Krishnan <gopalkrishna25 wrote:

Gopala Krishnan <gopalkrishna25 Re: [Guruvayur] Namasthe- Annapoorna Deviguruvayur Date: Monday, 3 November, 2008, 3:58 PM

AMME NARAYANA !

The story of Annapurnadevi is quite informative . From the childhood the Slokam Written by Jagdguru Adishankara - Nityanandakari Varabhayakari Soundarya Ratnakari - ( Annapurneshwari Sthothram ) has been heard / chanted . But never the chance came to visit an Annapruneshwari Temple . I have heard of only one such temple named Cherukunnil Annapurneshwari Temple in North Kerala . But being a central Keralite ( Trichur - Guruvayur ) it was not possible to have a pilgrimage to there till date . Hope one day I can achieve that too .

If there are any Annapurneshwari Temples in and around Trichur / Palakkad / Ernakulam Districts , Kindly give the details.

With Prayers

Gopalakrishnan--- On Mon, 3/11/08, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com> wrote:

Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com>Re: [Guruvayur] Namasthe- Annapoorna Deviguruvayur@grou ps.com

Monday, 3 November, 2008, 12:46 AM

Your observation is so interesting. As you mentioned, Bhagavan always has a master plan for everything and with out knowing that we always worry about what is happening and what would happen.

While reading a book for writing something during Navaratri, I came across this story of Annapoorna. It was new to me and I thought I will share with our group.

Savitri

On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 9:43 PM, K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna. kv (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Radhe Krishna!Wonderful posting from Savitriji! I keep wondering from where she is able to get lots of divine stories like this. Now I know why Lord Krishna kept Himself out of Yudhishtira' s thoughts when the Pandavas were invited for dice by the Kauravas. If the Lord had helped the Pandavas in dice, the Pandavas would have won, there would not have been any Kurukshetra war! Otherwise, how would have we got the " Bhagavad-gita " ?

Every act of the lord has a purpose behind it. We humans, due to ignorance, are not able to recognise it! That is again, " Maya " !Blessed are we, to have Savitriji in the group!Regards

Savitri Puram wrote:

Dear all,

Mother Parvathi Devi's heart overflowed with kindness and she appeared in Kashi with lot of food and all other Eaisharyam from wealth to Jnaanam and Vairaagyam in her hand. Shiva was the first one to go and beg for alms and Parvathi Devi fed him with her hands. Shiva said: " Devi, I understand that as long as one is attached to the mind and body, material world is not an illusion. One has to see Mother Prakruti Devi in you, respect you, be considerate to you and pray for your blessings to lead a material life that will take one beyond the mind and body.Only when one goes beyond the mind and body he/she can merge with you and then with Purushan! "

Regards and prayers

Savitri

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear Annapoorniji,

Thank you for your kind information regarding Annapurneshwari temple.Every Year when we visit Kerala during the summer we used to visit various important temples located in Trichur, palakkad & Ernakulam Districts. But have never heard of the temples mentioned by you , most probably may be due to lack of publicity. Any how I am looking foreward to a pilgrimage to one of those temples mentioned by you on our next visit to Kerala.

There is a Great Book Named MAHAKSHETRANGALKKU MUMPIL written by the late malayalam poet Nalankal Krishna Pillai which contains informations of almost every important temples of Kerala from Kasargode to Kanyakumari. I was lucky to have a copy of the same at my home in Kerala . We are trying to have a Darshan of those temples during our vaccations.

Gopalakrishnan--- On Tue, 4/11/08, Annapoorni Venkatesh <annapoornivenkatesh wrote:

Annapoorni Venkatesh <annapoornivenkateshRe: [Guruvayur] Namasthe- Annapoorna Deviguruvayur Date: Tuesday, 4 November, 2008, 3:40 PM

Dear Shri Gopalakrishnanji, Yes Gopalakrishnanji. In Trichur district Pazhayanoor Shree Annapoorneswari Bhagwati Temple is there. It is nearly one-and-half- an-hour distance from Trichur. I am from the native of Pazhayannoor. We had excellent experience with Shree Annapoorneswari. In Palghat district, one more Annapoorneswari Temple is there that is in Puthocode near Vadakkancheri. I want to share the experience to the Group members with the great Annapoorneswari of Pazhayanoor Bhagawati. As said by Smt. Savitriji, we have deeply faced several years of daaridryadukham and therefore we could not complete our education also. Some days we have slept empty stomach also. But all of the family members have the practice of going to the Bhagwati temple almost all the days except some inauspicious days and used to chant the Annapoorneswari Sthothram also. In temple everyday the first Sthothram was Nithyanandakari… at 4’0 clock and most of the familieis will start their days work after hearing the Sthothram.

Why I am writing is that now we have got a good life, which we cannot see in the dream also. All this happens because of her kindness. Now all of us settled well and got good job and even a comfortable house also. When I am writing this my heart is very much paining, we still don’t know how we have come out from that period. Koti Pranamams to Annapoorneswari. But whatever may be that life was excellent and joyful. I have one more experience since my name is Annapoorni, one of my colleaque was used to say that what name is yours, so old name and long name, etc. But I have understood that the success of my life behind this name only. Koti Pranamams to Savitriji also. Regards, (Annapoorni Venkatesh)--- On Mon, 3/11/08, Gopala Krishnan <gopalkrishna25@ .co. in> wrote:

Gopala Krishnan <gopalkrishna25@ .co. in>Re: [Guruvayur] Namasthe- Annapoorna Deviguruvayur@grou ps.comMonday, 3 November, 2008, 3:58 PM

AMME NARAYANA !

With Prayers

Gopalakrishnan--- On Mon, 3/11/08, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com> wrote:

Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com>Re: [Guruvayur] Namasthe- Annapoorna Deviguruvayur@grou ps.comMonday, 3 November, 2008, 12:46 AM

Savitri

Radhe Krishna!Wonderful posting from Savitriji! I keep wondering from where she is able to get lots of divine stories like this. Now I know why Lord Krishna kept Himself out of Yudhishtira' s thoughts when the Pandavas were invited for dice by the Kauravas. If the Lord had helped the Pandavas in dice, the Pandavas would have won, there would not have been any Kurukshetra war! Otherwise, how would have we got the "Bhagavad-gita" ?Every act of the lord has a purpose behind it. We humans, due to ignorance, are not able to recognise it! That is again, "Maya"!Blessed are we, to have Savitriji in the group!Regards

Savitri Puram wrote:

Dear all,

Regards and prayers

Savitri