Namasthe- Longest boat

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear all,

Once a disciple of Shri Shankaraacharya asked him :

Apaara samsaara samudra madhye

samajjatho me sharanam kimashti?

Guro! Krupaalo! krupayaa vadaithath.

Oh Guro! I am in the midst of this endless ocean of life. In whom shall I seek refuge? Kindly tell me.

Shri Shankaraacharya answered in one sentence: Viswesha/paadaambuja/deergha/nouka or The long boat that is Bhagavan's lotus feet.

Shakaracharyar who was acclaimed as the most learned person (reached sarvanjapeedham) advised only one solution- to get into the safest boat of Bhagavan's lotus feet, meaning, to surrender completely at His feet. It is the longest boat that spans across the ocean and once we get into that we can walk from one end to the other end with out the fear of drowning or bitten by sharks or other harmful creatures. In other words, He will give the strength to withstand the turmoils of life.

Depending on each person's praarabdha karma, the width of the ocean varies. Irrespective of our kulam, gothram, financial status, social status, or any other material possessions, Lord asks only total surrender and once we surrender, He adjusts the length of his " feet-boat " to the width of our ocean and takes us safely to the other side. He custom- makes a boat for each one of His devotee. The moment we request the boat with total surrender, He appears with the boat ready. He does not care whether we are in the beginning of the journey, middle of the journey or almost at the end of our journey. The reason to request the boat may vary. It does not matter to Him. At the other end, He himself receives us and let us stay with Him and we are no more subjected to the cycle of birth and death.

(Prahlaada was in the boat when he was born because he prayed from the womb. Even though he was subjected to all kinds of miseries, He did not suffer because he had the thick blanket of Bhakthi protecting him from everything. Dhruva boarded when he was five, Melpatthoor when He was 26, Ajamila in his eighties and Chelapparambu in his nineties! But in all cases, Bhagavan saw that paripoorna sharanaagathi or total surrender

was there.)

Ananathakoti pranaamam at the Lotus feet!

Regards and prayers

savitri

very nice as all your posts

Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit.

www.freewebs.com/asrama3

--- On Tue, 11/4/08, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram wrote:

Savitri Puram <savitriopuram[Guruvayur] Namasthe- Longest boatTuesday, November 4, 2008, 5:11 PM

Dear all,

Once a disciple of Shri Shankaraacharya asked him :

Apaara samsaara samudra madhye

samajjatho me sharanam kimashti?

Guro! Krupaalo! krupayaa vadaithath.

Oh Guro! I am in the midst of this endless ocean of life. In whom shall I seek refuge? Kindly tell me.

Shri Shankaraacharya answered in one sentence: Viswesha/paadaambuj a/deergha/ nouka or The long boat that is Bhagavan's lotus feet.

Shakaracharyar who was acclaimed as the most learned person (reached sarvanjapeedham) advised only one solution- to get into the safest boat of Bhagavan's lotus feet, meaning, to surrender completely at His feet. It is the longest boat that spans across the ocean and once we get into that we can walk from one end to the other end with out the fear of drowning or bitten by sharks or other harmful creatures. In other words, He will give the strength to withstand the turmoils of life.

Depending on each person's praarabdha karma, the width of the ocean varies. Irrespective of our kulam, gothram, financial status, social status, or any other material possessions, Lord asks only total surrender and once we surrender, He adjusts the length of his "feet-boat" to the width of our ocean and takes us safely to the other side. He custom- makes a boat for each one of His devotee. The moment we request the boat with total surrender, He appears with the boat ready. He does not care whether we are in the beginning of the journey, middle of the journey or almost at the end of our journey. The reason to request the boat may vary. It does not matter to Him. At the other end, He himself receives us and let us stay with Him and we are no more subjected to the cycle of birth and death.

(Prahlaada was in the boat when he was born because he prayed from the womb. Even though he was subjected to all kinds of miseries, He did not suffer because he had the thick blanket of Bhakthi protecting him from everything. Dhruva boarded when he was five, Melpatthoor when He was 26, Ajamila in his eighties and Chelapparambu in his nineties! But in all cases, Bhagavan saw that paripoorna sharanaagathi or total surrender

was there.)

Ananathakoti pranaamam at the Lotus feet!

Regards and prayers

savitri

Dear Renukaji,

Thank you for the kind words. Renukaji, any time we glorify Him, even a jalpana like mine becomes a japa. That is the only reason you like the postings. One thing I am convinced that whether you are writing about Him or reading about Him it brings joy. All your words of appreciation are offered at His lotus feet.

Something divine happend just now. After writing the above, the phone rang and one very exciting thing happened!. It was one of my devotee friends calling who is going through a very hard time. She called and told me that she was reading Bhagavatham and she reached Krishnavathaaram and wanted to read that while I was on the phone and to my surprise she read the few slokaas and finished it with

tam-adbhutaM bAlakam-ambujekshhaNaM catur-bhujaM shankha-gadAry-udAyudhaM /

shrIvatsa-lakshhmaM gala-shobhi-kaustubhaM

pItAmbaraM sAndra-payoda-saubhagaM //

mahArha-vaiDUrya-kirITa-kuNDala-

tvishhA parishhvakta-sahasra-kuntalaM /

uddAma-kAnchy-angada-kankaNAdibhiH

virAjamAnaM vasudeva aikshhata"

and said " sarvathra govindanaamasankeerthanam Govinda! govinda! and kept the phone. She did not say anything else. I repeated Govinda! Govinda!

Tears are rolling down my eyes and I do not know why I am crying!

Regards and prayers

Savitri

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 6:27 AM, renukaparamesh <renukaparamesh wrote:

Dear Savitriji,Your stories are wonderful. In fact I am visiting this group daily evening to refresh my mind, in which reading your stories making me to feel happy and more attached to Sri Guruvayurappan. We are really

blessed with your presence in this group.Ohm Namo Narayanaya!with regards,Renuka.guruvayur , " Savitri Puram "

<savitriopuram wrote:>> Dear all,> > Once a disciple of Shri Shankaraacharya asked him :> > Apaara samsaara samudra madhye> samajjatho me sharanam kimashti?

> Guro! Krupaalo! krupayaa vadaithath.> > Oh Guro! I am in the midst of this endless ocean of life. In whom shall I> seek refuge? Kindly tell me.> > Shri Shankaraacharya answered in one sentence: *

> Viswesha/paadaambuja/deergha/nouka* or The long boat that is Bhagavan's> lotus feet.> > Shakaracharyar who was acclaimed as the most learned person (reached> sarvanjapeedham) advised only one solution- to get into the safest

boat of> Bhagavan's lotus feet, meaning, to surrender completely at His feet. It is> the longest boat that spans across the ocean and once we get into that we> can walk from one end to the other end with out the fear of

drowning or> bitten by sharks or other harmful creatures. In other words, He will give> the strength to withstand the turmoils of life.> > Depending on each person's praarabdha karma, the width of the

ocean varies.> Irrespective of our kulam, gothram, financial status, social status, or any> other material possessions, Lord asks only total surrender and once we> surrender, He adjusts the length of his " feet-boat " to the width

of our> ocean and takes us safely to the other side. He custom- makes a boat for> each one of His devotee. The moment we request the boat with total> surrender, He appears with the boat ready. He does not care

whether we are> in the beginning of the journey, middle of the journey or almost at the end> of our journey. The reason to request the boat may vary. It does not matter> to Him. At the other end, He himself receives us and let us stay

with Him> and we are no more subjected to the cycle of birth and death.> > (Prahlaada was in the boat when he was born because he prayed from the womb.> Even though he was subjected to all kinds of miseries, He did not

suffer> because he had the thick blanket of Bhakthi protecting him from everything.> Dhruva boarded when he was five, Melpatthoor when He was 26, Ajamila in his> eighties and Chelapparambu in his nineties! But in all cases,

Bhagavan saw> that paripoorna sharanaagathi or total surrender> was there.)> > Ananathakoti pranaamam at the Lotus feet!> > Regards and prayers> > savitri>