IndiaDivine.org

what kind of lord is krishna??

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste Hariprasad and Gurudevs!

Your question is quite interesting and I can explain my thinking on this. This is definitely NOT an answer per se.

If you look at the time period during which incarnation of Nrsimha, Sri Rama and Sri Krishna were visible to humans, they were less than half-a-day, over 11,000 years, and 125 years. These numbers do not make any one of them less or more important. Therefore, to me there is something else other than the time period in these that make the avataras great.

The poorvardham of the tenth canto is said to end with the deprarture of the Lord from Vrindavanam. Sage Veda Vyasa has spent comparable number of verses for the first 11 years and the remaining 114 years (say) of the Lord's appearance. The Lord inculcated the highest form of bhakti in the minds of gopis and left Vrndavanam. Uddhava proclaims that the bhakti of gopis is of the highest form. But, we mortals cannot say that the bhakti of one is greater than that of the other. To judge the level of Bhakti of the characters of the puranas would be something most bhaktas would not want to do.

In the second part of tenth canto the Lord had to accomplish several things in addition to inculcating bhakti in the minds of gopis. Even in His absence they sang His glory because they did not need anything else. In modern parlance " they were ready to graduate and did not need any tutoring. " We may say that the Lord had to attend to others like Kunti Devi, Droupadi, Bheeshma, Vidura etc.

This is a purely personal view in an attempt to absorb the actions of the Lord in my mind.

Hari Om!

Chith Puram

On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 1:21 AM, kum_bha <kum_bha wrote:

Dear great Devotees of krishna,Though the gopi prem bhakthi is considered to be the greatest among other types of bhakthi, why lord krishna spent only 11 years with them? Rest of his life he spent with Rukmini et al whose bhakthi is

less than gopis' This question is haunting me since long time. pl anybody answer to this one.Regardshariprasad

Hare Krishna !

Primarily we have to realise one fact that Lord has no likings and dislikings. He remains neutral in everyone's activities. Such is the case, the evaluation is not on the basis of His attachment, but depends on the attachment from the opposite side. Lord had specified in Bhagavatham that Prahlada was his favourite among all the Bhakthas. He even did not spent time with him time as we could have expected. No gender again here to be specified here as according to him, all are alike.

The contents I mentioned here are what I have understood and not sure whether they are correct. I pray the senior scholars will define it better.

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA !

2008/11/8 kum_bha <kum_bha

Dear great Devotees of krishna,Though the gopi prem bhakthi is considered to be the greatest among other types of bhakthi, why lord krishna spent only 11 years with them? Rest of his life he spent with Rukmini et al whose bhakthi is

less than gopis' This question is haunting me since long time. pl anybody answer to this one.Regardshariprasad -- Best regardsJayasree MenonBangalore+9900149461my blog link: http://www.pythrukam.blogspot.com/

--A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal leadership are drivers of the growth trajectory.

Hi All,

Let me just add in my views on Bhakti and what kind of lord is Krishna.

He only spent 11 years with Gopis because bhakti only goes to high level once you are apart from your loved ones. If you stay with your family you dont miss them and you really dont know how much you love them. you would be only able to know that you love them when you stay away from them. Morover Bhakti is to see someone through mind and not through eyes. There is one more story behind gopis, It is said that devas or apsaras who were in heaven, got curse and that is how they came to earth as human beings. Lord Krishna gave them moksha by giving them bhakti. This bhakti would only got to levl of mokhsa when they praise Lord Krishna through their hearts which would have been only possible without him being physically present there....

Shaju P.Unni

+971 50 4268283

--- On Sun, 11/9/08, Saroja Ramanujam <sarojram18 wrote:

Saroja Ramanujam <sarojram18Re: [Guruvayur] what kind of lord is krishna??guruvayur Date: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 7:03 AM

A very good explanation

Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit.

www.freewebs. com/asrama3

--- On Sun, 11/9/08, Chith Puram <krsnakrpa (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Chith Puram <krsnakrpa (AT) gmail (DOT) com>Re: [Guruvayur] what kind of lord is krishna??guruvayur@grou ps.comSunday, November 9, 2008, 1:54 AM

Namaste Hariprasad and Gurudevs!

Your question is quite interesting and I can explain my thinking on this. This is definitely NOT an answer per se.

If you look at the time period during which incarnation of Nrsimha, Sri Rama and Sri Krishna were visible to humans, they were less than half-a-day, over 11,000 years, and 125 years. These numbers do not make any one of them less or more important. Therefore, to me there is something else other than the time period in these that make the avataras great.

The poorvardham of the tenth canto is said to end with the deprarture of the Lord from Vrindavanam. Sage Veda Vyasa has spent comparable number of verses for the first 11 years and the remaining 114 years (say) of the Lord's appearance. The Lord inculcated the highest form of bhakti in the minds of gopis and left Vrndavanam. Uddhava proclaims that the bhakti of gopis is of the highest form. But, we mortals cannot say that the bhakti of one is greater than that of the other. To judge the level of Bhakti of the characters of the puranas would be something most bhaktas would not want to do.

In the second part of tenth canto the Lord had to accomplish several things in addition to inculcating bhakti in the minds of gopis. Even in His absence they sang His glory because they did not need anything else. In modern parlance "they were ready to graduate and did not need any tutoring." We may say that the Lord had to attend to others like Kunti Devi, Droupadi, Bheeshma, Vidura etc.

This is a purely personal view in an attempt to absorb the actions of the Lord in my mind.

Hari Om!

Chith Puram

On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 1:21 AM, kum_bha <kum_bha > wrote:

Dear great Devotees of krishna,Though the gopi prem bhakthi is considered to be the greatest among other types of bhakthi, why lord krishna spent only 11 years with them? Rest of his life he spent with Rukmini et al whose bhakthi is less than gopis' This question is haunting me since long time. pl anybody answer to this one.Regardshariprasad

Jayasree is perfectly right.It is not the to ime but the intensity that matters in bhakthi. All devotees like sabari, Vibheeshana dn Guha are the illusr trations of this.

saroja Ramanujam

Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit.

www.freewebs.com/asrama3

--- On Sun, 11/9/08, Jayasree Menon <euroanuster wrote:

Jayasree Menon <euroanusterRe: [Guruvayur] what kind of lord is krishna??guruvayur Date: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 8:34 AM

Hare Krishna !

Primarily we have to realise one fact that Lord has no likings and dislikings. He remains neutral in everyone's activities. Such is the case, the evaluation is not on the basis of His attachment, but depends on the attachment from the opposite side. Lord had specified in Bhagavatham that Prahlada was his favourite among all the Bhakthas. He even did not spent time with him time as we could have expected. No gender again here to be specified here as according to him, all are alike.

The contents I mentioned here are what I have understood and not sure whether they are correct. I pray the senior scholars will define it better.

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA !

2008/11/8 kum_bha <kum_bha >

Dear great Devotees of krishna,Though the gopi prem bhakthi is considered to be the greatest among other types of bhakthi, why lord krishna spent only 11 years with them? Rest of his life he spent with Rukmini et al whose bhakthi is less than gopis' This question is haunting me since long time. pl anybody answer to this one.Regardshariprasad-- Best regardsJayasree MenonBangalore+9900149461my blog link: http://www.pythruka m.blogspot. com/------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal leadership are drivers of the growth

trajectory.