which period kuroorama was there?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

namasthe....

i also had the same question from my kids...i told no--its not

Sankaracharya swamikal.after reading this mail,i wish our group can

solve the question easily.savitriji,sarojamji....so many scholars are

here in our group.unnikrishnanji we are lucky to have learned people

like these.im sure we will be guided well with their help.

rathi.

guruvayur , unni krishnan <brahmasmi72

wrote:

>

> dear bhaktas,

> i have been watching guruvayurapan serial on surya tv,now they are

showing a sanayasi called shankara namboothri with kurooramma,well he

been shown like adi shankaracharya,well what knoweldge i have is adi

shankara was in 650ad of controversial,but if it is the same adi

shankara the serial people are showing is it correct that both

kurooramma and adi shankara where at the same time,as i dont know

which period kuruuramma was there.well adi shankara has been shown

more of a shivite fanatic well thats absolutely wrong he has composed

baja ghovindam and has done gits bhasyam too.can u please tell me

which perod kurooramma was there and was it the same period and the

serial which they are showing is it the same adishankara if it is is

there any story like tht

> thanking you

> unni krishnan

>

>

> Connect with friends all over the world. Get India

Messenger at http://in.messenger./?wm=n/

>

In this serial Sri Narayana Bhattatiri appeared earlier. He lived in the 16th century, A.D., long after Sankaracharya. The Sankaran Nambudiri appearing in this serial is certainly not the great Sankaracharya.

Actually after a person takes sannyasa he is not referred to by his caste name such as Nambudiri. He goes beyond all considerations of caste. So calling him Sankaran Nambudiri is itself wrong.

S.N.Sastri

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 10:17 AM, rethymurali <rethy.m wrote:

namasthe....i also had the same question from my kids...i told no--its not Sankaracharya swamikal.after reading this mail,i wish our group can solve the question easily.savitriji,sarojamji....so many scholars are

here in our group.unnikrishnanji we are lucky to have learned people like these.im sure we will be guided well with their help.rathi.guruvayur , unni krishnan <brahmasmi72

wrote: >> dear bhaktas,> i have been watching guruvayurapan serial on surya tv,now they are showing a sanayasi called shankara namboothri with kurooramma,well he been shown like adi shankaracharya,well what knoweldge i have is adi

shankara was in 650ad of controversial,but if it is the same adi shankara the serial people are showing is it correct that both kurooramma and adi shankara where at the same time,as i dont know which period kuruuramma was there.well adi shankara has been shown

more of a shivite fanatic well thats absolutely wrong he has composed baja ghovindam and has done gits bhasyam too.can u please tell me which perod kurooramma was there and was it the same period and the serial which they are showing is it the same adishankara if it is is

there any story like tht > thanking you> unni krishnan> > > Connect with friends all over the world. Get India Messenger at http://in.messenger./?wm=n/

>

dear bhaktas,

i have been watching guruvayurapan serial on surya tv,now they are showing a sanayasi called shankara namboothri with kurooramma,well he been shown like adi shankaracharya, well what knoweldge i have is adi shankara was in 650ad of controversial, but if it is the same adi shankara the serial people are showing is it correct that both kurooramma and adi shankara where at the same time,as i dont know which period kuruuramma was there.well adi shankara has been shown more of a shivite fanatic well thats absolutely wrong he has composed baja ghovindam and has done gits bhasyam too.can u please tell me which perod kurooramma was there and was it the same period and the serial which they are showing is it the same adishankara if it is is there any story like tht

thanking you. i have been told savitiji can help out or is there any bhakta who can guide me.

unni krishnan--- On Wed, 19/11/08, unni krishnan <brahmasmi72 wrote:

unni krishnan <brahmasmi72[Guruvayur] which period kuroorama was there?guruvayur Date: Wednesday, 19 November, 2008, 10:17 PM

dear bhaktas,

i have been watching guruvayurapan serial on surya tv,now they are showing a sanayasi called shankara namboothri with kurooramma,well he been shown like adi shankaracharya, well what knoweldge i have is adi shankara was in 650ad of controversial, but if it is the same adi shankara the serial people are showing is it correct that both kurooramma and adi shankara where at the same time,as i dont know which period kuruuramma was there.well adi shankara has been shown more of a shivite fanatic well thats absolutely wrong he has composed baja ghovindam and has done gits bhasyam too.can u please tell me which perod kurooramma was there and was it the same period and the serial which they are showing is it the same adishankara if it is is there any story like tht

thanking you

unni krishnan

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.

Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter now!

Dear Gurudevs,

Lot of facts showed in the serial is far away from the aithyhyams and

stories we have been told for generations. But we are a free country

and everybody's imagination can soar in any direction. In some places,

bhaavana katu kayariyathaayi kaanaam. In my humble opinion, there are

lot of discrepancies and may be we can only look at the element of

Bhakthi in it and enjoy that aspect to the fullest.

Regards and prayers

Savitri

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 9:58 AM, unni krishnan <brahmasmi72 wrote:

> dear bhaktas,

> i have been watching guruvayurapan serial on surya tv,now they are showing a

> sanayasi called shankara namboothri with kurooramma,well he been shown like

> adi shankaracharya, well what knoweldge i have is adi shankara was in 650ad

> of controversial, but if it is the same adi shankara the serial people are

> showing is it correct that both kurooramma and adi shankara where at the

> same time,as i dont know which period kuruuramma was there.well adi shankara

> has been shown more of a shivite fanatic well thats absolutely wrong he has

> composed baja ghovindam and has done gits bhasyam too.can u please tell me

> which perod kurooramma was there and was it the same period and the serial

> which they are showing is it the same adishankara if it is is there any

> story like tht

> thanking you. i have been told savitiji can help out or is there any bhakta

> who can guide me.

> unni krishnan

>

>

> --- On Wed, 19/11/08, unni krishnan <brahmasmi72 wrote:

>

> unni krishnan <brahmasmi72

> [Guruvayur] which period kuroorama was there?

> guruvayur

> Wednesday, 19 November, 2008, 10:17 PM

>

> dear bhaktas,

> i have been watching guruvayurapan serial on surya tv,now they are showing a

> sanayasi called shankara namboothri with kurooramma,well he been shown like

> adi shankaracharya, well what knoweldge i have is adi shankara was in 650ad

> of controversial, but if it is the same adi shankara the serial people are

> showing is it correct that both kurooramma and adi shankara where at the

> same time,as i dont know which period kuruuramma was there.well adi shankara

> has been shown more of a shivite fanatic well thats absolutely wrong he has

> composed baja ghovindam and has done gits bhasyam too.can u please tell me

> which perod kurooramma was there and was it the same period and the serial

> which they are showing is it the same adishankara if it is is there any

> story like tht

> thanking you

> unni krishnan

> ________________________________

> Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.

>

> ________________________________

> Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter now!

>

>

Om namo Narayanaya

I humbly request those who watch the serials not to go with the stories shown by them. They are just commercials. Some of the charecters appeared in it like Kimvadan has never been alive.

Similar is the case with the other serial Guruvayoor Kesavan. Most of the episodes are just fictions and not real

humbly

Gopalakrishnan--- On Thu, 20/11/08, S.N. Sastri <sn.sastri wrote:

S.N. Sastri <sn.sastriRe: [Guruvayur] Re: which period kuroorama was there?guruvayur Date: Thursday, 20 November, 2008, 4:46 PM

In this serial Sri Narayana Bhattatiri appeared earlier. He lived in the 16th century, A.D., long after Sankaracharya. The Sankaran Nambudiri appearing in this serial is certainly not the great Sankaracharya.

Actually after a person takes sannyasa he is not referred to by his caste name such as Nambudiri. He goes beyond all considerations of caste. So calling him Sankaran Nambudiri is itself wrong.

S.N.Sastri

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 10:17 AM, rethymurali <rethy.m (AT) rediffmail (DOT) com> wrote:

namasthe....i also had the same question from my kids...i told no--its not Sankaracharya swamikal.after reading this mail,i wish our group can solve the question easily.savitriji, sarojamji. ...so many scholars are here in our group.unnikrishnanj i we are lucky to have learned people like these.im sure we will be guided well with their help.rathi.guruvayur@grou ps.com, unni krishnan <brahmasmi72@ ....> wrote: >> dear bhaktas,> i have been watching guruvayurapan serial on surya tv,now they are showing a sanayasi called shankara namboothri with kurooramma,well he been shown like adi shankaracharya, well what knoweldge i have is adi shankara was in 650ad of controversial, but if it is the same adi shankara the serial people are showing is it correct that both kurooramma and adi shankara where at the same time,as i dont know which period kuruuramma was there.well adi shankara has been shown more of a shivite fanatic well thats absolutely wrong he has composed baja ghovindam and has done gits bhasyam too.can u please tell me which perod kurooramma was there and was it the same period and the serial which they are showing is it the same adishankara if it is is there any story like tht > thanking you> unni krishnan> > > Connect with friends all

over the world. Get India Messenger at http://in.messenger ./ ?wm=n/>

dear bhaktas,

tht was nice explation that after becoming sanyasi namboothri name cant be put

than you

unni krishnan--- On Fri, 21/11/08, Gopala Krishnan <gopalkrishna25 wrote:

Gopala Krishnan <gopalkrishna25Re: [Guruvayur] Re: which period kuroorama was there?guruvayur Date: Friday, 21 November, 2008, 3:37 PM

Om namo Narayanaya

I humbly request those who watch the serials not to go with the stories shown by them. They are just commercials. Some of the charecters appeared in it like Kimvadan has never been alive.

Similar is the case with the other serial Guruvayoor Kesavan. Most of the episodes are just fictions and not real

humbly

Gopalakrishnan--- On Thu, 20/11/08, S.N. Sastri <sn.sastri (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

S.N. Sastri <sn.sastri (AT) gmail (DOT) com>Re: [Guruvayur] Re: which period kuroorama was there?guruvayur@grou ps.comThursday, 20 November, 2008, 4:46 PM

S.N.Sastri

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 10:17 AM, rethymurali <rethy.m (AT) rediffmail (DOT) com> wrote:

namasthe....i also had the same question from my kids...i told no--its not Sankaracharya swamikal.after reading this mail,i wish our group can solve the question easily.savitriji, sarojamji. ...so many scholars are here in our group.unnikrishnanj i we are lucky to have learned people like these.im sure we will be guided well with their help.rathi.guruvayur@grou ps.com, unni krishnan <brahmasmi72@ ....> wrote: >> dear bhaktas,> i have been watching guruvayurapan serial on surya tv,now they are showing a sanayasi called shankara namboothri with kurooramma,well he been shown like adi shankaracharya, well what knoweldge i have is adi shankara was in 650ad of controversial, but if it is the same adi shankara the serial people are showing is it correct that both kurooramma and adi shankara where at the same time,as i dont know which period kuruuramma was there.well adi shankara has been shown more of a shivite fanatic well thats absolutely wrong he has composed baja ghovindam and has done gits bhasyam too.can u please tell me which perod kurooramma was there and was it the same period and the serial which they are showing is it the same adishankara if it is is there any story like tht > thanking you> unni krishnan> > > Connect with friends all

over the world. Get India Messenger at http://in.messenger ./ ?wm=n/>