IndiaDivine.org

Namasthe- Purushotthamasya leela

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear all,

Dr. M. Leelavathy is a retired Malayalam professor who was teaching in Maharaja's college in Erankaulam. She is also a well known writer and a great Sanskrit scholar. She is a great devotee of Guruvayurappan and she is from a village near by Guruvayur. I gave this introduction because I want to share a story she wrote in a Magazine called Shree Guruvayurappan published in October 1990. It is her own story.

She lived in Guruvayur and everyday she used to come to the temple and pray. This particular incident happened when she had a proposal for marriage. She had to take a decision about the marriage because there was nobody to take the responsibility and make the decision for her. In those days, the bride and bride groom never got a chance to know each other or meet and talk before marriage. She was confused and really did not know whether to say yes or no to the marriage proposal. She was very stressed about the decision and as usual she came to the temple in wet clothes after taking a dip in the temple theertham and started doing pradakshinam. Her whole mind was filled with this thought of taking the right decision and she prayed Guruvayurappan to help her make the right decision. She kept doing pradakdhinam. At the same time Bhagavatha sapthaaham was going on in the temple hall.

After several pradakshinams, some how she felt that somebody was telling her to go to the hall where naamaacharyan Aanjam Nambudiri was reading Bhagavatham. So she slowly entered the hall filled with bhakthi and naamajapam. As soon as she entered, Nambudiri started reading the below written slokam:

Samsaara sindhumathi dushtaramutthitheershor-

naanya: plavo bhagavatha: purushotthamasya

leelakathaa rasanishevanamanthareNa

pumsobhavedvividha du:khabhavaarbhithasya

Name of the bridegroom was Purushotthama! So when she heard the slokam, with " purushotthamsya leela " in it, at that moment " leela " the bride, took the decision that she was going to marry the same person named Purushotthama. She felt as if Bhagavan told her to say " yes " to the proposal to become Purshotthaman's Leela through the sloka naamaachaaryan chanted right when she entered the room. She told in her article that she never regretted the decision Bhagavan told her to take and she was blessed with a wonderful married life with Mr. Purushothaman.

Many people may have experiences like this. It was really nice to read the beautiful description of her experience. She is one of the editors of the magazine Bhakthapriya published by Guruvayur devaswom.

Regards an dprayers

Savitri

Dear Savitriji,

It is articles like these which bring up the devotion and bhakti for a common man. Your messages are always so simple yet so profound and so much like a mother teaching her children the path of bhakthi and righteousness.

Thank you for taking the pain to send me the manglish version of the prayer you composed for Sunilji.The words were the softest and finest of flowers that could be placed at the merciful feet of our Lord Guruvayurappan.It took a long time for the lump in my throat and tears in my eyes to settle after reading it.

Rathiji was asking in her mail why i could not get it read by someone who knows how to read malayalam. Yes I could have, But they would have read it in their style and fast without realising the emotion it carried and would be irritated/bored, if i ask them to read it a further 2-3 times for me. I did not want to miss the bhaavam, hence wanted to read and experience it myself. God bless you ,for acceding to my request and allowing me to partake in the delight of such a lovely prayer. It had the pain and piety of a Mirabai bhajan and no doubt your past karma must be so good, that such divine thoughts come out from your mind.

Pranams,

jayashree s menon

savitriopuramDate: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 06:19:15 -0600[Guruvayur] Namasthe- Purushotthamasya leela

Dear all,

Dr. M. Leelavathy is a retired Malayalam professor who was teaching in Maharaja's college in Erankaulam. She is also a well known writer and a great Sanskrit scholar. She is a great devotee of Guruvayurappan and she is from a village near by Guruvayur. I gave this introduction because I want to share a story she wrote in a Magazine called Shree Guruvayurappan published in October 1990. It is her own story.

She lived in Guruvayur and everyday she used to come to the temple and pray. This particular incident happened when she had a proposal for marriage. She had to take a decision about the marriage because there was nobody to take the responsibility and make the decision for her. In those days, the bride and bride groom never got a chance to know each other or meet and talk before marriage. She was confused and really did not know whether to say yes or no to the marriage proposal. She was very stressed about the decision and as usual she came to the temple in wet clothes after taking a dip in the temple theertham and started doing pradakshinam. Her whole mind was filled with this thought of taking the right decision and she prayed Guruvayurappan to help her make the right decision. She kept doing pradakdhinam. At the same time Bhagavatha sapthaaham was going on in the temple hall.

After several pradakshinams, some how she felt that somebody was telling her to go to the hall where naamaacharyan Aanjam Nambudiri was reading Bhagavatham. So she slowly entered the hall filled with bhakthi and naamajapam. As soon as she entered, Nambudiri started reading the below written slokam:

Name of the bridegroom was Purushotthama! So when she heard the slokam, with "purushotthamsya leela" in it, at that moment "leela" the bride, took the decision that she was going to marry the same person named Purushotthama. She felt as if Bhagavan told her to say "yes" to the proposal to become Purshotthaman's Leela through the sloka naamaachaaryan chanted right when she entered the room. She told in her article that she never regretted the decision Bhagavan told her to take and she was blessed with a wonderful married life with Mr. Purushothaman.

Many people may have experiences like this. It was really nice to read the beautiful description of her experience. She is one of the editors of the magazine Bhakthapriya published by Guruvayur devaswom.

Regards an dprayers

Savitri

What's on the ramp today could be on the streets tomorrow. Keep up with trends on MSN Lifestyle Try it!

Dear Savithriji,

I too echo Jayasrhreeji's feelings. Your stories are great and they touch hearts.

Please keep posting.

Jai Sree Krishna--- On Sat, 11/22/08, jayashree menon <jayashree_66 wrote:

jayashree menon <jayashree_66RE: [Guruvayur] Namasthe- Purushotthamasya leelaguruvayur Date: Saturday, November 22, 2008, 5:42 AM

Dear Savitriji, It is articles like these which bring up the devotion and bhakti for a common man. Your messages are always so simple yet so profound and so much like a mother teaching her children the path of bhakthi and righteousness. Thank you for taking the pain to send me the manglish version of the prayer you composed for Sunilji.The words were the softest and finest of flowers that could be placed at the merciful feet of our Lord Guruvayurappan. It took a long time for the lump in my throat and tears in my eyes to settle after reading it. Rathiji was asking in her mail why i could not get it read by someone who knows how to read malayalam. Yes I could have, But they would have read it in their style and fast without realising the emotion it carried and would be irritated/bored, if i ask them to read it a further 2-3 times for me. I did not want to miss the bhaavam, hence wanted to read and

experience it myself. God bless you ,for acceding to my request and allowing me to partake in the delight of such a lovely prayer. It had the pain and piety of a Mirabai bhajan and no doubt your past karma must be so good, that such divine thoughts come out from your mind. Pranams,jayashree s menon

savitriopuram@ gmail.comThu, 20 Nov 2008 06:19:15 -0600[Guruvayur] Namasthe- Purushotthamasya leela

Dear all,

Samsaara sindhumathi dushtaramutthitheer shor-

leelakathaa rasanishevanamantha reNa

pumsobhavedvividha du:khabhavaarbhitha sya

Name of the bridegroom was Purushotthama! So when she heard the slokam, with "purushotthamsya leela" in it, at that moment "leela" the bride, took the decision that she was going to marry the same person named Purushotthama. She felt as if Bhagavan told her to say "yes" to the proposal to become Purshotthaman' s Leela through the sloka naamaachaaryan chanted right when she entered the room. She told in her article that she never regretted the decision Bhagavan told her to take and she was blessed with a wonderful married life with Mr. Purushothaman.

Regards an dprayers

Savitri

What's on the ramp today could be on the streets tomorrow. Keep up with trends on MSN Lifestyle Try it!

Hari Om !

Dear Savithriji,

My experience also is not different. While the horoscopes of mine and my husband's do not match at all (as per astrologers who look at it now), when it was taken for comparison, they were found perfectly matching, i.e. 8 poruthams out of ten, seemed to be perfect for a marriage. This I personally feel that because we both are ardant devotees of Lord Guruvayoorappan.

Hare Krishna !

2008/11/20 Savitri Puram <savitriopuram

Dear all,

Name of the bridegroom was Purushotthama! So when she heard the slokam, with " purushotthamsya leela " in it, at that moment " leela " the bride, took the decision that she was going to marry the same person named Purushotthama. She felt as if Bhagavan told her to say " yes " to the proposal to become Purshotthaman's Leela through the sloka naamaachaaryan chanted right when she entered the room. She told in her article that she never regretted the decision Bhagavan told her to take and she was blessed with a wonderful married life with Mr. Purushothaman.

Regards an dprayers

Savitri

-- Best regardsJayasree Menon

Bangalore+9900149461my blog link: http://www.pythrukam.blogspot.com/--A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal leadership are drivers of the growth trajectory.

Dear Jayashreeji, Chandraji, Geethaji, rethiji and all Gurudevs,

I think we all are able to enjoy each other's postings about Lord

becasue all of us have His illuminated presence in us. I liked

Jayashreeji's story very much. I think all of us are blessed to be in

the shadow of Guruvayurapan in this scorching heat of samsaara.

I offer all words of appreciation at the lotus feet of Lord!

Regards and prayers

savitri

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 8:58 AM, Jayasree Menon <euroanuster wrote:

> Hari Om !

>

> Dear Savithriji,

>

> My experience also is not different. While the horoscopes of mine and my

> husband's do not match at all (as per astrologers who look at it now), when

> it was taken for comparison, they were found perfectly matching, i.e. 8

> poruthams out of ten, seemed to be perfect for a marriage. This I

> personally feel that because we both are ardant devotees of Lord

> Guruvayoorappan.

>

> Hare Krishna !

>

>

>

>

>

> 2008/11/20 Savitri Puram <savitriopuram

>>

>> Dear all,

>>

>> Dr. M. Leelavathy is a retired Malayalam professor who was teaching in

>> Maharaja's college in Erankaulam. She is also a well known writer and a

>> great Sanskrit scholar. She is a great devotee of Guruvayurappan and she is

>> from a village near by Guruvayur. I gave this introduction because I want to

>> share a story she wrote in a Magazine called Shree Guruvayurappan published

>> in October 1990. It is her own story.

>>

>> She lived in Guruvayur and everyday she used to come to the temple and

>> pray. This particular incident happened when she had a proposal for

>> marriage. She had to take a decision about the marriage because there was

>> nobody to take the responsibility and make the decision for her. In those

>> days, the bride and bride groom never got a chance to know each other or

>> meet and talk before marriage. She was confused and really did not know

>> whether to say yes or no to the marriage proposal. She was very stressed

>> about the decision and as usual she came to the temple in wet clothes after

>> taking a dip in the temple theertham and started doing pradakshinam. Her

>> whole mind was filled with this thought of taking the right decision and she

>> prayed Guruvayurappan to help her make the right decision. She kept doing

>> pradakdhinam. At the same time Bhagavatha sapthaaham was going on in the

>> temple hall.

>>

>> After several pradakshinams, some how she felt that somebody was telling

>> her to go to the hall where naamaacharyan Aanjam Nambudiri was reading

>> Bhagavatham. So she slowly entered the hall filled with bhakthi and

>> naamajapam. As soon as she entered, Nambudiri started reading the below

>> written slokam:

>>

>> Samsaara sindhumathi dushtaramutthitheershor-

>> naanya: plavo bhagavatha: purushotthamasya

>> leelakathaa rasanishevanamanthareNa

>> pumsobhavedvividha du:khabhavaarbhithasya

>>

>> Name of the bridegroom was Purushotthama! So when she heard the slokam,

>> with " purushotthamsya leela " in it, at that moment " leela " the bride, took

>> the decision that she was going to marry the same person named

>> Purushotthama. She felt as if Bhagavan told her to say " yes " to the proposal

>> to become Purshotthaman's Leela through the sloka naamaachaaryan

>> chanted right when she entered the room. She told in her article that she

>> never regretted the decision Bhagavan told her to take and she was blessed

>> with a wonderful married life with Mr. Purushothaman.

>>

>> Many people may have experiences like this. It was really nice to read the

>> beautiful description of her experience. She is one of the editors of the

>> magazine Bhakthapriya published by Guruvayur devaswom.

>>

>>

>> Regards an dprayers

>>

>> Savitri

>

>

> --

> Best regards

>

> Jayasree Menon

> Bangalore

> +9900149461

> my blog link: http://www.pythrukam.blogspot.com/

>

--

> A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal

> leadership are drivers of the growth trajectory.

>

>