IndiaDivine.org

Understanding Gita

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This is the way of the parampara system. If we

follow the acaryas, we attain the same benefit as our predecessors. If

one follows the decisions of Arjuna, he should be considered to be

directly hearing Bhagavad-gita from the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

There is no difference between hearing Bhagavad-gita directly from the

Supreme Lord and following a personality like Arjuna, who formerly heard

Bhagavad-gita directly from the Lord. Sometimes foolish people argue that

since Krsna is not present at the moment, one cannot take direct

instructions from Him. Such foolish people do not know that there is no

difference between directly hearing Bhagavad-gita and reading it, as long

as one accepts Bhagavad-gita as it is, spoken by the Lord. However, if

one wants to understand Bhagavad-gita by his imperfect interpretations,

one cannot possibly understand the mysteries of Bhagavad-gita, even

though one may be a great scholar according to mundane estimation.

Bharat - So its good you are learning Sanskrit to learn gita but this is not the way to learn gita. Its purely waste of time cause gita is not some academic book. You must surrender to an authentic guru in disciplic succession.

BG 4.2: This supreme science was thus received through the chain of disciplic succession, and the saintly kings understood it in that way. But in course of time the succession was broken, and therefore the science as it is appears to be lost.

So find a guru who is in disciplic succession than

BG 4.34: Just try to learn the truth by approaching a spiritual master. Inquire from him submissively and render service unto him. The self-realized souls can impart knowledge unto you because they have seen the truth.

Once you have a real Guru, no bogus imitation guru,they will show you the right path to follow to know gita.

BG 10.10 : To those who are constantly devoted to serving Me with love, I give the understanding by which they can come to Me.

Following the path given by such real guru you will finally worship Lord Krishna with devotion and than Lord Krishna will help you understand Gita As It Is.

You will go through all the emotions and doubts that Arjuna went through during his conversations with Krishna and thats the way to say if you are understanding Gita As It Is. Understanding following sentence would be an excellent start

BG 2.7: Now I am confused about my duty and have lost all composure because of miserly weakness. In this condition I am asking You to tell me for certain what is best for me. Now I am Your disciple, and a soul surrendered unto You. Please instruct me.

-- At the present moment we are the slaves of our senses. When our senses dictate, " Give me this or give me that " , we dutifully accommodate them. What we fail to realize is that the senses are not us and that satisfying them therefore does not satisfy us. If we want actual happiness, we should limit the senses to what they actually need not giving them everything for which they feel greed. In this way we can channel the major portion of our serving propensity towards the Supreme Person, the source of all existence. When we water the root of a tree all the leaves and branches. Similarly when we serve the Original Person we become fully satisfied and we give full satisfaction to all living beings.

Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare

yaavaanarTha udhapaane sarvathaH sampluthodhake

thaavaan sarveshu vedheshu braahmanasya vijaanathaH

Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit.

www.freewebs.com/asrama3

--- On Thu, 11/20/08, manikantan <manikantank wrote:

manikantan <manikantank[Guruvayur] Understanding Gita"guruvayur Moderator" <guruvayur >Thursday, November 20, 2008, 11:21 PM

This is the way of the parampara system. If we

follow the acaryas, we attain the same benefit as our predecessors. If

one follows the decisions of Arjuna, he should be considered to be

directly hearing Bhagavad-gita from the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

There is no difference between hearing Bhagavad-gita directly from the

Supreme Lord and following a personality like Arjuna, who formerly heard

Bhagavad-gita directly from the Lord. Sometimes foolish people argue that

since Krsna is not present at the moment, one cannot take direct

instructions from Him. Such foolish people do not know that there is no

difference between directly hearing Bhagavad-gita and reading it, as long

as one accepts Bhagavad-gita as it is, spoken by the Lord. However, if

one wants to understand Bhagavad-gita by his imperfect interpretations,

one cannot possibly understand the mysteries of Bhagavad-gita, even

though one may be a great scholar according to mundane estimation.

Bharat - So its good you are learning Sanskrit to learn gita but this is not the way to learn gita. Its purely waste of time cause gita is not some academic book. You must surrender to an authentic guru in disciplic succession.

BG 4.2: This supreme science was thus received through the chain of disciplic succession, and the saintly kings understood it in that way. But in course of time the succession was broken, and therefore the science as it is appears to be lost.

So find a guru who is in disciplic succession than

BG 4.34: Just try to learn the truth by approaching a spiritual master. Inquire from him submissively and render service unto him. The self-realized souls can impart knowledge unto you because they have seen the truth.

Once you have a real Guru, no bogus imitation guru,they will show you the right path to follow to know gita.

BG 10.10 : To those who are constantly devoted to serving Me with love, I give the understanding by which they can come to Me.

Following the path given by such real guru you will finally worship Lord Krishna with devotion and than Lord Krishna will help you understand Gita As It Is.

You will go through all the emotions and doubts that Arjuna went through during his conversations with Krishna and thats the way to say if you are understanding Gita As It Is. Understanding following sentence would be an excellent start

BG 2.7: Now I am confused about my duty and have lost all composure because of miserly weakness. In this condition I am asking You to tell me for certain what is best for me. Now I am Your disciple, and a soul surrendered unto You. Please instruct me. -- At the present moment we are the slaves of our senses. When our senses dictate, "Give me this or give me that", we dutifully accommodate them. What we fail to realize is that the senses are not us and that satisfying them therefore does not satisfy us. If we want actual happiness, we should limit the senses to what they actually need not giving them everything for which they feel greed. In this way we can channel the major portion of our serving propensity towards the Supreme Person, the source of all existence. When we water the root of a tree all the leaves

and branches. Similarly when we serve the Original Person we become fully satisfied and we give full satisfaction to all living beings.Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare