IndiaDivine.org

How to deal with unfavourable situations.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear All,

Pranams,

In these stressful times,everyone would like to know how to escape pain and problems. I found this interesting piece of information given by Swami Ramsukhdasji and would like to share it with all.

From a discourse by Swami Ramsukhdasji

Question: How do we deal with unfavorable situations?Swamiji: In God's happiness is our happiness. When we follow His directions, He becomes indebted to us. When a situation comes to us (from God), then why must we question? All unfavorable situations (pratikulataa) result in eradication of our sins. It is almost as if the debt is getting paid off.During low periods (unfavorable situations) in one's lives, many devotees have become great Saints. When you read the life stories of many great Saints, you will see that they have experienced many hardships. In situations when you are harassed, people do not listen to you, people scold you, they are mean to you, your health is failing, you are unemployed etc., all of these situations are nothing but in your favor. They are cleansing your sins. There is lot to gain from unfavorable situations (pratikultaa).In good times, our nature and our habits are likely to become bad. For rich people, salvation is more difficult. Money and the extravagant spending habits, the lifestyle of pleasure and gaining happiness from wealth, all of this leads to spoiling one's nature.Simply accept that unfavorable situations are God's grace. They are His sent, for our betterment and for uplifting us. It may be difficult to bare unfavorable situations, during the time that one is going through it, but at all times know that there is immense gain in these situations.Have no desire of your own. What ever it is that God wishes, remain happy in that, at all times. If there is any doubt about what I am saying, then speak up.Remember these two points at all times - During favorable times, serve others. These favorable times have been given to you, only to serve. And during unfavorable times, see His grace, see the cleansing taking place and remain ever joyful.

Regards,

Jayashree S Menon

Free up your senses. Experience reality up close on MSN video Try it!

Thank you Jayashreeji, your mail came as an answer to my prayer.

When things are not as I want it to be,

When I am harassed and unhappy,

Rather than becoming disheartened,

I will rejoice in it.

I will fully surrender unto the Lord,

Leave all worries and distress to Him.

Keeping with me the firm trust that He will see me through.

Someday I will look back and tell myself,

It was another blessing in disguise

By my dearest One.

How will I ever thank this beautiful person

Who has been kind enough to enter into my life.

Krishna Hare Jaya!

--- On Tue, 11/25/08, jayashree menon <jayashree_66 wrote:

jayashree menon <jayashree_66[Guruvayur] How to deal with unfavourable situations.guruvayur Date: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 2:09 PM

Dear All, Pranams, In these stressful times,everyone would like to know how to escape pain and problems. I found this interesting piece of information given by Swami Ramsukhdasji and would like to share it with all.

From a discourse by Swami Ramsukhdasji Question: How do we deal with unfavorable situations?Swamiji: In God's happiness is our happiness. When we follow His directions, He becomes indebted to us. When a situation comes to us (from God), then why must we question? All unfavorable situations (pratikulataa) result in eradication of our sins. It is almost as if the debt is getting paid off.During low periods (unfavorable situations) in one's lives, many devotees have become great Saints. When you read the life stories of many great Saints, you will see that they have experienced many hardships. In situations when you are harassed, people do not listen to you, people scold you, they are mean to you, your health is failing,

you are unemployed etc., all of these situations are nothing but in your favor. They are cleansing your sins. There is lot to gain from unfavorable situations (pratikultaa) .In good times, our nature and our habits are likely to become bad. For rich people, salvation is more difficult. Money and the extravagant spending habits, the lifestyle of pleasure and gaining happiness from wealth, all of this leads to spoiling one's nature.Simply accept that unfavorable situations are God's grace. They are His sent, for our betterment and for uplifting us. It may be difficult to bare unfavorable situations, during the time that one is going through it, but at all times know that there is immense gain in these situations.Have no desire of your own. What ever it is that God wishes, remain happy in that, at all times. If there is any doubt about what I am saying, then speak up.Remember these two

points at all times - During favorable times, serve others. These favorable times have been given to you, only to serve. And during unfavorable times, see His grace, see the cleansing taking place and remain ever joyful. Regards,Jayashree S Menon

Dear Jayashreeji,

This advice is really very valuable. I am reninded of

vipado naiva vipada: sampado naiva sampada:

vipad vismaranam vishno sampad Naaraayana smruthi

What we call vipatthu (bad or unfavorable situatiions) are not unfavorable situations, what we call wealth (good times) is not wealth. Actual vipatthu or danger is forgetting Vishnu Bhagavan and actual sampthu or wealth is remembering Him.

As you said, it is very hard to think that what we are suffering is for our good, when we are going through it. Even for that Melpatthoor helps to pray with this: (Dashakam 98, last Shloka)

" Chakram thae kaalaroopam vyathhayathu na thu maam " -(what ever happens), let the kaalachakram not hurt me. That is all we want, as long as we do not feel as a suffering, how does it matter? But God has to give us that blanket of comfort!

Guruvayurappa! please cover us with that blanket of love and bless us to accept your hitham or liking as our hitham!

Regards and prayers

savitri

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 12:09 AM, jayashree menon <jayashree_66 wrote:

Dear All, Pranams, In these stressful times,everyone would like to know how to escape pain and problems. I found this interesting piece of information given by Swami Ramsukhdasji and would like to share it with all.

From a discourse by Swami Ramsukhdasji Question: How do we deal with unfavorable situations?

Swamiji: In God's happiness is our happiness. When we follow His directions, He becomes indebted to us. When a situation comes to us (from God), then why must we question? All unfavorable situations (pratikulataa) result in eradication of our sins. It is almost as if

the debt is getting paid off.During low periods (unfavorable situations) in one's lives, many devotees have become great Saints. When you read the life stories of many great Saints, you will see that they have experienced many

hardships. In situations when you are harassed, people do not listen to you, people scold you, they are mean to you, your health is failing, you are unemployed etc., all of these situations are nothing but in your favor. They are cleansing your sins. There is

lot to gain from unfavorable situations (pratikultaa).In good times, our nature and our habits are likely to become bad. For rich people, salvation is more difficult. Money and the extravagant spending habits, the lifestyle of pleasure and gaining

happiness from wealth, all of this leads to spoiling one's nature.Simply accept that unfavorable situations are God's grace. They are His sent, for our betterment and for uplifting us. It may be difficult to bare unfavorable situations, during the time that one

is going through it, but at all times know that there is immense gain in these situations.Have no desire of your own. What ever it is that God wishes, remain happy in that, at all times. If there is any doubt about what I am

saying, then speak up.Remember these two points at all times - During favorable times, serve others. These favorable times have been given to you, only to serve. And during unfavorable times, see His grace, see the cleansing taking place and remain ever joyful.

Regards,Jayashree S Menon