Regards

KVG.

Savitri Puram wrote:

Dear Chandraji,

It was very nice of you to set up this for all devotees to

participate in the Sharanam vili. Usually, I do likhitha japam in a

book becasue my typing skills are so bad. I do with two fingers and I

take longer than everybody. So even to write the daily mail, I take

time. But I am becoming faster with the two fingers and getting better.

God willing, this time I will try to participate in likhitha japam.

Thank you so much for giving opportunity for everybody.

Regards and prayers

savitri

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 6:04 AM, Gopala

Krishnan <gopalkrishna25 (AT) (DOT) co.in>

wrote:

Respected Chandraji,

I have no words to express my gratitude for your kind gesture . My

humble intention was to enable those who could not visit temples to

offer their prayers to Lord Ayyappa during this Auspicious Mandalam

Season to get a platform to offer their prayers and hence requested

Sunilji to create a Blog . Since I am not a computer professional, I

could not contribute anything in this regard .

Thank You once again for utilising your precious time for this purpose

May Lord Ayyappan shower unlimited blessings on you and your family.

Humbly

Gopalakrishna

--- On Wed, 26/11/08, Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 > wrote:

Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 >

[Guruvayur] Swamiya Sharanam - new website-

"Guruv" <guruvayur >

Wednesday, 26 November, 2008, 11:01 PM

Om Namo Narayanaya

Swamiya Sharanam Ayyappa

Sunil prior going to Pittsburgh requested our

"computer professionals" from our group to set up a new blog for our

devotees to offer their prayers to Ayyappa Swamy during Mandala season.

Some how with my limited skills, I managed to create a blog that was

stuck half-way and Veena completed last night and the same is now being

offered to our group. Please visit

http://swamiyeshara nam.blogspot. com/

To participate in

this Laksharchana please type "Swamiye Sharanam Ayyappa" as many times

as you wish to contribute and email your nama japams to chandrasmenon.

swamiyesharanam@ blogger.com with subject as YourName (no of namas).

May

the Lord bestow every happiness on all.

When Sunil comes back, I am sure he will be happy and

he will modify the e-mail id, (he is the expert) so that my name will

not appear at all.

Thank you Veena for your gesture. When Sun(il) + moon

+ Veena joins the real naadha bhrahmam vibrate...

Swamiye Sharanam Ayyappa

The following is Veena's mail on this matter

Namaste Chandraji.

I think it works now.

The blog address is http://swamiyeshara nam.blogspot. com/

Devotees should email to chandrasmenon. swamiyesharanam@ blogger.com.

Their japams will automatically get posted to the blog.

Because the blog was set up using your a/c, the blog email will have

your name in it. I don't see a problem with that. I checked the

settings etc. and tried a test mail from my a/c and gmail a/c and

the posts immediately get published. Devotees, as per our usual

practice, can put subject as their Name(no of namas) and type Swamiye

Sharanam Ayyappa.

For now let devotees email the blog; once we have more time or more

manpower we can ask them to email us and add their gmail ids etc so

that they can post to the blog.

Hope that is fine with you.

Once you check out the Swami Ayyappan blog..you can announce to the

group.

Pranams :-)

Veena.

unquote

Your feedback will be highly appreciated

Chandrasekharan

Be the first one to try the new Messenger 9 Beta!

Like Shri KVG, I too do my typing only with two fingers. All my articles on my website and also all my books other than Narayaniyam were typed by me on the computer with only two (in the beginning only one) fingers. So. as KVG says, everything is possible with the grace of God.

S.N.Sastri

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 12:16 AM, K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kv wrote:

Dear Savitriji,Radhe krishna!You are telling about your typing capabilities with two fingers, which is better than the usual typing with 10 fingers. With the blessings of Lord Narayana, I could do the 1500 pages of Narayaneeyam commentary including the sanskrit fonts with two fingers! If the Lord's grace alone is there, what is not possible? " Krupa tey jata chet kimiva na hi labhyam tanubhrutam " ? And in 2000, I had a serious operation in my abdomen and 2 feet of intestines were cut and removed. After the hospitalisation for 10 days, my three fingers (the three fingers except the thumb and fore-finger of the right hand) were almost paralysed and could never be opened. When I went back to my surgeon and asked him about it, he pooh-poohed, saying, " What, old man, what are you going to do with your hands at this age? Be thankful that your gangrene in the intestines has been removed. Go home and sleep! "

I was worried how I am going to complete the Narayaneeyam project with this state of my hand. Guruvayoorappan said, " Go ahead! Your hand will become all right! " and lo! when I completed the project in 2005, after 6 years of hard work including typing, page-setting, corrections, proof-reading, and putting in the pdf format, my fingers were back to normal, but for slight numb feeling! All could be done with the grace of Guruvayoorappan!

And once I gave the pdf file to the press, the book was ready in one week! This is the divine intervention I had when the English commentary was made!I have not told this to anybody including Sastriji as no occasion came up, but now that you were worried about it, I thought I should tell you. Now I feel two finger typing is better than 10 fingers, as we commit lesser number of mistakes, although it takes a slightly longer time.

All glories to the Lord!RegardsKVG.Savitri Puram wrote:

Dear Chandraji,

It was very nice of you to set up this for all devotees to participate in the Sharanam vili. Usually, I do likhitha japam in a book becasue my typing skills are so bad. I do with two fingers and I take longer than everybody. So even to write the daily mail, I take time. But I am becoming faster with the two fingers and getting better. God willing, this time I will try to participate in likhitha japam. Thank you so much for giving opportunity for everybody.

Regards and prayers

savitri

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 6:04 AM, Gopala Krishnan <gopalkrishna25 wrote:

Respected Chandraji,I have no words to express my gratitude for your kind gesture . My humble intention was to enable those who could not visit temples to offer their prayers to Lord Ayyappa during this Auspicious Mandalam Season to get a platform to offer their prayers and hence requested Sunilji to create a Blog . Since I am not a computer professional, I could not contribute anything in this regard .

Thank You once again for utilising your precious time for this purposeMay Lord Ayyappan shower unlimited blessings on you and your family.HumblyGopalakrishna --- On Wed, 26/11/08, Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote:

Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002[Guruvayur] Swamiya Sharanam - new website- " Guruv " <guruvayur >

Om Namo Narayanaya

Swamiya Sharanam Ayyappa

Sunil prior going to Pittsburgh requested our " computer professionals " from our group to set up a new blog for our devotees to offer their prayers to Ayyappa Swamy during Mandala season. Some how with my limited skills, I managed to create a blog that was stuck half-way and Veena completed last night and the same is now being offered to our group. Please visit

To participate in this Laksharchana please type " Swamiye Sharanam Ayyappa " as many times as you wish to contribute and email your nama japams to chandrasmenon. swamiyesharanam@ blogger.com with subject as YourName (no of namas).

May the Lord bestow every happiness on all.

When Sunil comes back, I am sure he will be happy and he will modify the e-mail id, (he is the expert) so that my name will not appear at all.

Thank you Veena for your gesture. When Sun(il) + moon + Veena joins the real naadha bhrahmam vibrate...

Swamiye Sharanam Ayyappa

Namaste Chandraji.I think it works now.The blog address is http://swamiyeshara nam.blogspot. com/ Devotees should email to chandrasmenon. swamiyesharanam@ blogger.com. Their japams will automatically get posted to the blog.Because the blog was set up using your a/c, the blog email will have your name in it. I don't see a problem with that. I checked the settings etc. and tried a test mail from my a/c and gmail a/c and the posts immediately get published. Devotees, as per our usual practice, can put subject as their Name(no of namas) and type Swamiye Sharanam Ayyappa.

For now let devotees email the blog; once we have more time or more manpower we can ask them to email us and add their gmail ids etc so that they can post to the blog.Hope that is fine with you.Once you check out the Swami Ayyappan blog..you can announce to the group.

Pranams :-)Veena.

unquote

Chandrasekharan

Dear and respected KVGji, Sastriji,

My humble pranamams. I am so surprised to know that both of you did all the great work you did with the skill of two finger typing! That really gives me confidence to do more. I will never again complain about my handicap and will try my best to improve my skill.

As KVGji said, we do not need anything other than Guruvayurappan's blessings. Let me share another " adbhutham " like yours with you.

My mother gave birth 12 times and inspite of bringing up 10 children, she never complained about not having time for her prayers. By the time I can rememeber ( I am the seventh child. She must be less than forty at that time) she knew all Devi maahatmyam and Naaraayaneeyam byheart! Every time she finished Naaraayaneeyam once, she used to put one " chandanappottu " on the door of Vadukkini. By the time my father died, that huge door was filled with probabaly thousands of chandanappottu. After that she moved from my ancestral house and I do not think she kept track of it any more. (After my father's death she just waited for her time of departure and was very detached.)

Devi Maahatmyam she used to read as sapthaaham. I learnt most of the small slokas in Devi Maahathmyam just by listening to her chanting. Still it is a mystery for all of us how in the world she could memorize all these and still giving all of us the moral support and strength. When my children were (just two) and I was working, I realized my mother's greatness all the more. Even now, when the desire to justify my own laziness for doing something good emerges, I think of her and I get lot of enthusiasm and energy.

Like that, Kvgji and Satriji, by reading your story, I am energized to do more with my limited skills and I seek your blessings along with my parents blessings.

Respectful regards and prayers

Savitri

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 4:57 AM, S.N. Sastri <sn.sastri wrote:

Like Shri KVG, I too do my typing only with two fingers. All my articles on my website and also all my books other than Narayaniyam were typed by me on the computer with only two (in the beginning only one) fingers. So. as KVG says, everything is possible with the grace of God.

S.N.Sastri

Dear Savitriji,Radhe krishna!You are telling about your typing capabilities with two fingers, which is better than the usual typing with 10 fingers. With the blessings of Lord Narayana, I could do the 1500 pages of Narayaneeyam commentary including the sanskrit fonts with two fingers! If the Lord's grace alone is there, what is not possible? " Krupa tey jata chet kimiva na hi labhyam tanubhrutam " ? And in 2000, I had a serious operation in my abdomen and 2 feet of intestines were cut and removed. After the hospitalisation for 10 days, my three fingers (the three fingers except the thumb and fore-finger of the right hand) were almost paralysed and could never be opened. When I went back to my surgeon and asked him about it, he pooh-poohed, saying, " What, old man, what are you going to do with your hands at this age? Be thankful that your gangrene in the intestines has been removed. Go home and sleep! "

I was worried how I am going to complete the Narayaneeyam project with this state of my hand. Guruvayoorappan said, " Go ahead! Your hand will become all right! " and lo! when I completed the project in 2005, after 6 years of hard work including typing, page-setting, corrections, proof-reading, and putting in the pdf format, my fingers were back to normal, but for slight numb feeling! All could be done with the grace of Guruvayoorappan!

And once I gave the pdf file to the press, the book was ready in one week! This is the divine intervention I had when the English commentary was made!I have not told this to anybody including Sastriji as no occasion came up, but now that you were worried about it, I thought I should tell you. Now I feel two finger typing is better than 10 fingers, as we commit lesser number of mistakes, although it takes a slightly longer time.

Dear Chandraji,

It was very nice of you to set up this for all devotees to participate in the Sharanam vili. Usually, I do likhitha japam in a book becasue my typing skills are so bad. I do with two fingers and I take longer than everybody. So even to write the daily mail, I take time. But I am becoming faster with the two fingers and getting better. God willing, this time I will try to participate in likhitha japam. Thank you so much for giving opportunity for everybody.

Regards and prayers

savitri

Respected Chandraji,I have no words to express my gratitude for your kind gesture . My humble intention was to enable those who could not visit temples to offer their prayers to Lord Ayyappa during this Auspicious Mandalam Season to get a platform to offer their prayers and hence requested Sunilji to create a Blog . Since I am not a computer professional, I could not contribute anything in this regard .

Thank You once again for utilising your precious time for this purposeMay Lord Ayyappan shower unlimited blessings on you and your family.HumblyGopalakrishna --- On Wed, 26/11/08, Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote:

Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002[Guruvayur] Swamiya Sharanam - new website- " Guruv " <guruvayur >

Om Namo Narayanaya

Swamiya Sharanam Ayyappa

Sunil prior going to Pittsburgh requested our " computer professionals " from our group to set up a new blog for our devotees to offer their prayers to Ayyappa Swamy during Mandala season. Some how with my limited skills, I managed to create a blog that was stuck half-way and Veena completed last night and the same is now being offered to our group. Please visit

To participate in this Laksharchana please type " Swamiye Sharanam Ayyappa " as many times as you wish to contribute and email your nama japams to chandrasmenon. swamiyesharanam@ blogger.com with subject as YourName (no of namas).

When Sunil comes back, I am sure he will be happy and he will modify the e-mail id, (he is the expert) so that my name will not appear at all.

Thank you Veena for your gesture. When Sun(il) + moon + Veena joins the real naadha bhrahmam vibrate...

Swamiye Sharanam Ayyappa

Namaste Chandraji.I think it works now.The blog address is http://swamiyeshara nam.blogspot. com/ Devotees should email to chandrasmenon. swamiyesharanam@ blogger.com. Their japams will automatically get posted to the blog.Because the blog was set up using your a/c, the blog email will have your name in it. I don't see a problem with that. I checked the settings etc. and tried a test mail from my a/c and gmail a/c and the posts immediately get published. Devotees, as per our usual practice, can put subject as their Name(no of namas) and type Swamiye Sharanam Ayyappa.

For now let devotees email the blog; once we have more time or more manpower we can ask them to email us and add their gmail ids etc so that they can post to the blog.Hope that is fine with you.Once you check out the Swami Ayyappan blog..you can announce to the group.

unquote

Chandrasekharan

Namaste!

Everything is possible with the Grace of God. I was not required to learn typing when I was young. But when I came to the US I realized that I had a handicap because I could not type with all the fingers. So at the age of 42 I bought a manual typewriter and learned typing in one summer. I may not pass a typing test but I use all the fingers to type. I do not know if I can do that 20 years later. But at 42 it was possible and I know there are several in the group who are below that age.

I have Sastriji's book on Narayaniiyam. Sastriji, could you please mention the titles of other books?

Hari Om!

Chith Puram

S.N.Sastri

Dear Chandraji,

Regards and prayers

savitri

Om Namo Narayanaya

Swamiya Sharanam Ayyappa

Swamiye Sharanam Ayyappa

unquote

Chandrasekharan

Dear Savitriji,

You are writing so many wonderful stories. I often wonder how you get the time for all this.You are certainly not lazy.

With best wishes,

S.N.Sastri

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 8:48 PM, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram wrote:

Dear and respected KVGji, Sastriji,

My humble pranamams. I am so surprised to know that both of you did all the great work you did with the skill of two finger typing! That really gives me confidence to do more. I will never again complain about my handicap and will try my best to improve my skill.

As KVGji said, we do not need anything other than Guruvayurappan's blessings. Let me share another " adbhutham " like yours with you.

My mother gave birth 12 times and inspite of bringing up 10 children, she never complained about not having time for her prayers. By the time I can rememeber ( I am the seventh child. She must be less than forty at that time) she knew all Devi maahatmyam and Naaraayaneeyam byheart! Every time she finished Naaraayaneeyam once, she used to put one " chandanappottu " on the door of Vadukkini. By the time my father died, that huge door was filled with probabaly thousands of chandanappottu. After that she moved from my ancestral house and I do not think she kept track of it any more. (After my father's death she just waited for her time of departure and was very detached.)

Devi Maahatmyam she used to read as sapthaaham. I learnt most of the small slokas in Devi Maahathmyam just by listening to her chanting. Still it is a mystery for all of us how in the world she could memorize all these and still giving all of us the moral support and strength. When my children were (just two) and I was working, I realized my mother's greatness all the more. Even now, when the desire to justify my own laziness for doing something good emerges, I think of her and I get lot of enthusiasm and energy.

Like that, Kvgji and Satriji, by reading your story, I am energized to do more with my limited skills and I seek your blessings along with my parents blessings.

Respectful regards and prayers

Savitri

S.N.Sastri

Dear Chandraji,

Regards and prayers

savitri

Om Namo Narayanaya

Swamiya Sharanam Ayyappa

Swamiye Sharanam Ayyappa

unquote

Chandrasekharan