IndiaDivine.org

Swami Ayyappan - new blog - volunteers needed

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya.Dear Gopalkrishnanji.We are happy that you were an instrument in initiating the idea of this blog. Our apologies for not starting it at the beginning of the season. With both Shashiji and Sunilji out of the loop, and myself working full time at a new job in a new city, we have been a bit hard pressed for time. Chandraji also has his hands full maintaining the koti nama japam blog. Also until Monday night I did not know I could create a blog. Chandraji got an a/c and started it and then I decided to take a shot at it to fill it in and make it accessible to the devotees. Until I left home for the U.S. every mandalam season we had this practice, (as I am sure most devotees do), initiated by my mother, of offering the ghee filled coconuts at the kattuniras. And for some years now I have missed that, badly; so

when I started on the blog, I

thought I cannot submit a coconut, let me submit this blog at Swami Ayyappan's feet; trust me - all the elements, the pictures and text found their own places and the results are there for you to see. With Bhagwan's grace, it doesn't take anyone any length of time to do something. These years with this group and with Sunilji have taught me one thing - you want to do something for Bhagwan, he holds your hand and as we have seen with some of the recent emails, he even becomes your hand.

On that note I would like to ask/request members if anyone would be willing to devote some time to maintain the daily totals. I have a google document, a spreadsheet where you can fill in the totals for each individual, compute the daily total and enter that into the blog. If someone has any experience with Microsoft Excel, then google spreadsheet works in exactly the same manner. Pl. email me and I can guide you with the finer details if you do need the guidance. I think it will be fantastic if we reach the 1 lac target by the end of the madalam season. But if this blog continues until makara villakku that should also be fine. Which will mean you are looking at a time commitment of at least 30 minutes every day for 6 weeks starting this weekend. And I promise you, you will not be doing this alone. I will be doing my part and so will Sunilji when he gets back. We just need some back-up, so that we can do it unfailingly on a daily basis. Pl.

let me know your thoughts on this. Further, if devotees with gmail a/c's would like to post directly to the blog http://swamiyesharanam.blogspot.com/ pl email me veeus18 or Chandraji at chandrasmenon2002 with your gmail addresses. Once you send us this, we will add you to the blog; google then issues you an invitation email; you need to click on the invitation link, sign in with your gmail user-id and passwd and you will be all set to directly post to the blog instead of having to email your japams.May Guruvayurappan bless all.Dharma Shastaawe Sharanam!Regards,Veena.