IndiaDivine.org

kotimaram of guruvayur tempe

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If not so, why should Sri poondanam call Him Maraprabhu?saseedharan_vk <saseedharan_vkguruvayur Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 2:01:48 AM[Guruvayur] kotimaram of guruvayur tempe

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear members

Once I heard someone telling that the kotimaram(flagpost ) of

guruvayur temple is filled inside with the roots of "kurundhotti

(bala)" a medicine for rheumatism.could it be true?

saseedharan

• 1 month later...

Sasiji,

Kurunthotti is a small herb. Is it possible to grow it into a big tree

of that size? Surprising, isn't it! Or there must be some other

herb like "Ana-kurunthotti"?

Love,

KVG

Alakkal Sasidharan wrote:

Om Namo Narayanaya,

I remember that my mother once told me that In her childhood she saw the kodimaram of Guruvayur before installation, when it was brought and kept in the ootupura and the same is a single wood log of "kurundhotti".

A.Sasidharan (Unni)

--- On Wed, 12/17/08, saseedharan_vk <saseedharan_vk wrote:

saseedharan_vk <saseedharan_vk

[Guruvayur] kotimaram of guruvayur tempe

guruvayur

Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 3:31 PM

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear members

Once I heard someone telling that the kotimaram(flagpost ) of guruvayur temple is filled inside with the roots of "kurundhotti

saseedharan

dear sasiji

iam also heard for that ente ammayum oru kadhta paraju thannittundu oru nal guruvayoorile namdoori rathri swapnam kadu e tharathilulla maram undu ennu athanusarichanu e maram kittiyathu kesavan konduvannanennum arinjittundu ethu ente arivanu

ragards

Jai Krishna!

--- On Sun, 25/1/09, K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kv wrote:

K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kvRe: [Guruvayur] kotimaram of guruvayur tempeguruvayur Date: Sunday, 25 January, 2009, 12:08 AM

Sasiji,Kurunthotti is a small herb. Is it possible to grow it into a big tree of that size? Surprising, isn't it! Or there must be some other herb like "Ana-kurunthotti" ?Love,KVGAlakkal Sasidharan wrote: Om Namo Narayanaya,

I remember that my mother once told me that In her childhood she saw the kodimaram of Guruvayur before installation, when it was brought and kept in the ootupura and the same is a single wood log of "kurundhotti" .

A.Sasidharan (Unni)

--- On Wed, 12/17/08, saseedharan_ vk <saseedharan_ vk > wrote:

saseedharan_ vk <saseedharan_ vk >

guruvayur@grou ps.com

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear members

Once I heard someone telling that the kotimaram(flagpost ) of guruvayur temple is filled inside with the roots of "kurundhotti

saseedharan

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.

Dear KvGji and Sasiji,

I also thought it is a herb used in Ayurvedam and it is a small plant. This is interesting. May another bog plant also has the name name.

Regards and prayers

savitri

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 1:11 AM, rajeev rajeev <rajiviyyer1984 wrote:

dear sasiji

iam also heard for that ente ammayum oru kadhta paraju thannittundu oru nal guruvayoorile namdoori rathri swapnam kadu e tharathilulla maram undu ennu athanusarichanu e maram kittiyathu kesavan konduvannanennum arinjittundu ethu ente arivanu

ragards

Jai Krishna!

--- On Sun, 25/1/09, K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kv wrote:

K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kvRe: [Guruvayur] kotimaram of guruvayur tempe

guruvayur Date: Sunday, 25 January, 2009, 12:08 AM

Sasiji,Kurunthotti is a small herb. Is it possible to grow it into a big tree of that size? Surprising, isn't it! Or there must be some other herb like " Ana-kurunthotti " ?Love,

KVGAlakkal Sasidharan wrote:

Om Namo Narayanaya,

I remember that my mother once told me that In her childhood she saw the kodimaram of Guruvayur before installation, when it was brought and kept in the ootupura and the same is a single wood log of " kurundhotti " .

A.Sasidharan (Unni)

guruvayur@grou ps.com

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear members

Once I heard someone telling that the kotimaram(flagpost ) of

guruvayur temple is filled inside with the roots of " kurundhotti

(bala) " a medicine for rheumatism.could it be true?

saseedharan

Om Namao Narayanaya Nama

Kannan is also vathalayeshan

In Ayurvedha Kurumthotty is number one herb using as a

medicine to cure Vatham ( Rhumaticem)

Like as the main Ingradient for Maharasnadhi, Rasnadhi

etc...

I also heard that Kurumthotty and some other herbs

used to fill the hollow section of Kodimaram as kannan

is Vathalayesan

with regards

dilip --- On Sun, 1/25/09, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram wrote:

Savitri Puram <savitriopuramRe: [Guruvayur] kotimaram of guruvayur tempeguruvayur Date: Sunday, January 25, 2009, 7:59 AM

Dear KvGji and Sasiji,

I also thought it is a herb used in Ayurvedam and it is a small plant. This is interesting. May another bog plant also has the name name.

Regards and prayers

savitri

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 1:11 AM, rajeev rajeev <rajiviyyer1984@ .co. in> wrote:

dear sasiji

ragards

Jai Krishna!

--- On Sun, 25/1/09, K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna. kv (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna. kv (AT) gmail (DOT) com>Re: [Guruvayur] kotimaram of guruvayur tempeguruvayur@grou ps.comSunday, 25 January, 2009, 12:08 AM

Sasiji,Kurunthotti is a small herb. Is it possible to grow it into a big tree of that size? Surprising, isn't it! Or there must be some other herb like "Ana-kurunthotti" ?Love,KVGAlakkal Sasidharan wrote:

Om Namo Narayanaya,

I remember that my mother once told me that In her childhood she saw the kodimaram of Guruvayur before installation, when it was brought and kept in the ootupura and the same is a single wood log of "kurundhotti" .

A.Sasidharan (Unni)

guruvayur@grou ps.com

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear members

saseedharan

Dera members,

Following are extrcats from the book "Heaven on Earth- the Universe of Keralas Guruvayur Temple by Pepita Seth:

"....the pratishta of present kodi maram was performed in 1952.(the previous kodi maram was installed in 1859)....A teak tree of the right height ,straightness and size was finally found in the Maharajah of Travancore's Malayattur forest.......the log though given by Maharajah of Travancore ,was valued at Rs.827; 8 kg 233 gm of 24 carat gold were used in the plating, and labour charges were Rs.6000....at the time of installation pancharathnams were placed beneath it along with gold,silver and jewels given by devotees"

saseedharan--- On Sun, 25/1/09, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram wrote:

Savitri Puram <savitriopuramRe: [Guruvayur] kotimaram of guruvayur tempeguruvayur Date: Sunday, 25 January, 2009, 9:29 PM

Dear KvGji and Sasiji,

Regards and prayers

savitri

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 1:11 AM, rajeev rajeev <rajiviyyer1984@ .co. in> wrote:

dear sasiji

ragards

Jai Krishna!

--- On Sun, 25/1/09, K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna. kv (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna. kv (AT) gmail (DOT) com>Re: [Guruvayur] kotimaram of guruvayur tempeguruvayur@grou ps.comSunday, 25 January, 2009, 12:08 AM

Sasiji,Kurunthotti is a small herb. Is it possible to grow it into a big tree of that size? Surprising, isn't it! Or there must be some other herb like "Ana-kurunthotti" ?Love,KVGAlakkal Sasidharan wrote:

Om Namo Narayanaya,

A.Sasidharan (Unni)

guruvayur@grou ps.com

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear members

saseedharan