IndiaDivine.org

Without a bonafide Guru, one cannot approach Krsna …..………...... Nectarean Mellows

Rate this topic

Guest guest

"G u r u m u k h a p a d m a v a k y a "

Without a bonafide Guru, one cannot approach Krsna …..………...... Nectarean Mellows Srila Bhaktisiddanta Saraswati Thakura was the greatest scholar in the world; he was a living, walking encyclopaedia of knowledge and yet he accepted a spiritual master Srila Gaur Kishore das Babaji Maharaj who had no education. In fact he hardly knew the process of reading and writing but yet he accepted him because of his sincere devotional service, (and) all knowledge was revealed to him. Bhaktisiddanta Saraswati Thakura considered Gaur Kishore das Babaji Maharaj the embodiment, the personification of the knowledge of the Absolute Truth. Gaur Kishore das Babaji was very humble, when Srila Bhaktisiddanta Saraswati Thakura approached him for initiation, he said you are a great scholar, you are a scholar of philosophy, scholar of astrology, scholar of theology, Bengali, Hindi, English… such a vocabulary he had, even great scholars from Oxford University in England would not have a vocabulary like Bhaktisiddanta Saraswati Thakura; not only did he have such a broad spectrum or usage of words but such sublime unique realisation of how each word applied to pure devotional service, in the English language and here Gaur Kishore das Babaji Maharaj who is a simple merchant he was a simple merchant grhasta, his wife died and he went to Vrindavana to surrender to Krsna. But yet Bhaktisiddanta Saraswati Thakura approached him, that unless you are my Guru Maharaj I cannot approach Krsna. Gaur Kishore das Babaji Maharaj said, you are a great scholar I am just a simple man I do not know all these things, how can I initiate you, how can I be your authority, how can I teach you; impossible, you should find some suitable person; besides; I have already decided, I am not qualified, I can never take a disciple. Bhaktisiddanta Saraswati Thakura approached him several occasions and on one occasion he was actually weeping tears, his heart was utterly broken 'if I don't have you as my spiritual master then I have no reason to continue my life.' He was not speaking as some sort of a strategic way of convincing him, he was speaking from the core of his heart because Gaur Kishore das Babaji, he could see right through any one's false pretensions, he was mystically empowered to go right into their heart and if any one was false and they were pretending to be one way but actually in their heart they were something else, he would expose them with great, great enthusiasm… Then Gaur Kishore Babaji he accepted him. Srila Bhaktisiddanta Saraswati Thakura would write articles about him the living personification, the embodiment of knowledge, realisation of Krsna, a simple man, he didn't get it from studying books he got it from humble service and offenceless pure chanting of the holy names: Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare.

H H Radhanath Swami Maharaj

-- If we want to relieved from all anxieties and free to love all living beings with a pure heart, we need to dive deep within the ocean of bhakti, the ocean of pure love of Krishna. This is where we will all find the real nectar of existence. All programs for achieving happiness in this material world will ultimately prove to be a failure because we have nothing to do with these material coverings known as our material bodies. They are simply garments that we wear from some time and then discard when they become worn out. If we hear submissively from the bona fide spiritual master, by his mercy we will be carried deep, deep, deep within the ocean of bhakti where life is inconceivably sublime.

Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare