IndiaDivine.org

hari thum haro

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Joyceji,

I read about your sad incidence regarding your son. It is indeed heartbreaking to see injustice based on race, caste ,religion,age ,gender etc.You already are giving lots of love to your son, which will defenitely help the situation. I see also the father is in the picture, which is very good too to give him advice..I am sure your son will grow up to be welladjusted person.you also can show the shining example of Obama who had similar problems like your son and yet became the most important person of USA and even the world.. We all pray for you and your family.

I want to tell you a real life story about Guruvayurappan and hispreference to downtrodden

and suffering people. In Kerala, there was a worker in a coconut farm,who belonged to a lower caste. The owner belonged to a higher caste.In those days, only people of the higher caste were allowed to go inside the temple.So the worker used to pray standing outside the temple. He prayed to the Lord that he will offer HIM a coconut from his coconut tree.which he was nurturing with special care. When the coconut was ripe, he cut it from the tree and took it to his master and requested him to take it to the temple and offer it to Guruvayurappan, since he could not enter the temple.. The master sarcastically said."Why do I have to take this coconut to the temple?Does it have horns?" and refused to take it to the temple. The worker was evidently unhappy andwent back home with the coconut. The next day, to his great surprise, he found that the coconut had developed two horn like projections!!.

He immediately took it to his master,who immeditely realised his misatake and took it to thetemple and offered it to Guruvayurappan.This coconut is still kept in the museum in Guruvayoor, I heard.

with all best wishes,

Sreedevi Menon

Om Namo Narayanaya

Dear Sreedeviji,

I only very vaguely remembered this story I had heard in my early childhood. Thank you so much for describing in detail and once more glorifying His kindness. I am reminded of the line from Soundarya Lahari:

Vane vaa harmye vaa smakaranipaatho himakara: The moon shines equally on the forest as well as the palace.

In Bhagavan's eyes, all are equal and He makes us understand it very often.

Regards and prayers

savitri

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 2:45 PM, NVP Menon <nvpmenon wrote:

Dear Joyceji,

I read about your sad incidence regarding your son. It is indeed heartbreaking to see injustice based on race, caste ,religion,age ,gender etc.You already are giving lots of love to your son, which will defenitely help the situation. I see also the father is in the picture, which is very good too to give him advice..I am sure your son will grow up to be welladjusted person.you also can show the shining example of Obama who had similar problems like your son and yet became the most important person of USA and even the world.. We all pray for you and your family.

I want to tell you a real life story about Guruvayurappan and hispreference to downtrodden

and suffering people. In Kerala, there was a worker in a coconut farm,who belonged to a lower caste. The owner belonged to a higher caste.In those days, only people of the higher caste were allowed to go inside the temple.So the worker used to pray standing outside the temple. He prayed to the Lord that he will offer HIM a coconut from his coconut tree.which he was nurturing with special care. When the coconut was ripe, he cut it from the tree and took it to his master and requested him to take it to the temple and offer it to Guruvayurappan, since he could not enter the temple.. The master sarcastically said. " Why do I have to take this coconut to the temple?Does it have horns? " and refused to take it to the temple. The worker was evidently unhappy andwent back home with the coconut. The next day, to his great surprise, he found that the coconut had developed two horn like projections!!.

He immediately took it to his master,who immeditely realised his misatake and took it to thetemple and offered it to Guruvayurappan.This coconut is still kept in the museum in Guruvayoor, I heard.

with all best wishes,

Sreedevi Menon

Om Namo Narayanaya

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

I have seen this coconut hanging from the roof of the East Entrance of Guruvayur Temple and when asked about it, my mother told me the story.

HARE KRISHNA--- On Tue, 20/1/09, NVP Menon <nvpmenon wrote:

NVP Menon <nvpmenon[Guruvayur] hari thum haro"guruvayur " <guruvayur >Tuesday, 20 January, 2009, 2:15 AM

Dear Joyceji,

and suffering people. In Kerala, there was a worker in a coconut farm,who belonged to a lower caste. The owner belonged to a higher caste.In those days, only people of the higher caste were allowed to go inside the temple.So the worker used to pray standing outside the temple. He prayed to the Lord that he will offer HIM a coconut from his coconut tree.which he was nurturing with special care. When the coconut was ripe, he cut it from the tree and took it to his master and requested him to take it to the temple and offer it to Guruvayurappan, since he could not enter the temple.. The master sarcastically said."Why do I have to take this coconut to the temple?Does it have horns?" and refused to take it to the temple. The worker was evidently unhappy andwent back home with the coconut. The next day, to his great surprise, he found that the coconut had developed two horn like projections! !.

He immediately took it to his master,who immeditely realised his misatake and took it to thetemple and offered it to Guruvayurappan. This coconut is still kept in the museum in Guruvayoor, I heard.

with all best wishes,

Sreedevi Menon

Om Namo Narayanaya

Explore your hobbies and interests. Click here to begin.