recommended number of wicks to be lighted on ordinary days-one or two? both

together in one direction? if then is it towards the pictures or outwards? or

can it be lit in opposite directions?

Regards

Balagopal

NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to

http://messenger./invite/

As per my knowledge we use two wicks on ordinary days, since one is used only at the time of somebody's death at home. This is according to my knowledge. I do not know how far it is true. The two wicks can be joined together to light a lamp.

Geetha Nair--- On Wed, 21/1/09, balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal wrote:

balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal[Guruvayur] lighting lamps"gvr" <guruvayur >Wednesday, 21 January, 2009, 12:56 PM

HARI AUMI didn't know the answer of the following questions asked to me. Just share if known to someone.Lighting lamps is perhaps the only practise commonly followed in Hindu homes world over. On special occassions 3 or 5 wicks are lit but what is the recommended number of wicks to be lighted on ordinary days-one or two? both together in one direction? if then is it towards the pictures or outwards? or can it be lit in opposite directions? RegardsBalagopalNARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANAAdd more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to http://messenger. / invite/

Check out the all-new Messenger 9.0!

Eekavarthirmahavyadhi, dvivarthisthu mahadhanam,

trivarthirmohamalasyam, chaturvatrhirdaridratha,

panchavartishthu bhadram syadivarthisthu susobhanam

- From the book "Thaliyola".

Varthi means thiri or wick. Lighting with one wick "roga lakshanam", with 3 wicks, "aalasyathinthe lakshanam", with 4 wicks "daridrathinthe lakshanam". Lighting with 2 wicks one towards east and other facing the west is considered good, with 5 wicks is considered very good.

It seems with "dowsing rod", it was established that lamps with one wick, 3 and 4 wicks have negative energy while with 2 or 5 wicks had very positive energy.

I dont know how to exactly describe in english, hence the manglish words.

Jai Sree Krishna--- On Wed, 1/21/09, balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal wrote:

balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal[Guruvayur] lighting lamps"gvr" <guruvayur >Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 7:26 AM

HARI AUMI didn't know the answer of the following questions asked to me. Just share if known to someone.Lighting lamps is perhaps the only practise commonly followed in Hindu homes world over. On special occassions 3 or 5 wicks are lit but what is the recommended number of wicks to be lighted on ordinary days-one or two? both together in one direction? if then is it towards the pictures or outwards? or can it be lit in opposite directions? RegardsBalagopalNARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANAAdd more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to http://messenger. / invite/

PranamamsDepend on lamp, one or two wicks with one end combined are ok. Pictures should face East. In the morning before sun rise the lamp should be lighted and the deepam should be on East. It's like we welcoming Surya bhagwan with lamp. In the evening, it's just opposite to the morning. :-)This is for home.With regardspraveen--- On Wed, 1/21/09, balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal wrote:balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal[Guruvayur] lighting lamps"gvr" <guruvayur >Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 2:26 AM

HARI AUM

I didn't know the answer of the following questions asked to me. Just share if known to someone.

Lighting lamps is perhaps the only practise commonly followed in Hindu homes world over. On special occassions 3 or 5 wicks are lit but what is the recommended number of wicks to be lighted on ordinary days-one or two? both together in one direction? if then is it towards the pictures or outwards? or can it be lit in opposite directions?

Regards

Balagopal

NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to http://messenger. / invite/