IndiaDivine.org

Namasthe- Mokshaartthi or seeker of salvation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear all,

As per Hindu scriptures, humans can be classified according to their goals they entertain. There are four purushaarthaas: dharmam, artham kaamam and moksham. Dharmaartthi is seeker of virtuous or righteous path, arthaartthi is seeker of wealth, kaamaartthi is seeker of desires and mokshaartthi is seeker of freedom from the cycle of life and death or seeker of moksham. Now let us go to the story of a rare mokshaartthi.

Once a watchman came to see Kanchi Chandrashekahara saraswathi or Maha Perivaa. This man did not know much about Perivaa or his greatness. He happened to pass by the Kanchi Ashramam and saw several people visiting Swamigal. So he also stood in the queue for darshan of Swamigal.

He saw that everybody had some grievances or complaints about life or people around them and they were praying for Swamigal's blessings to get relief or to solve the problems. His turn came and he asked Swamigal whether Swamigal could give him moksham. Swamigal asked: " do you want anything else? " . He said " no. " Swamigal smiled and did not say anything. He did namaskaar and left the ashramam.

Swamigal was very pleased to hear what this watchman wanted. Thousands and thousands of people came and saw him and everybody asked for something. All of it were either Dharma related, Artha related or Kaama related. Nobody so far had asked him for moksham. So swamigal told his close devotees: " This is the first time somebody came to me and asked for moksham. Even though I am not the one to give him moksham, I am very happy to know that he only wants moksham and I am sure Lord will give him that soon. I feel that seeing a mokshaarthi (one who desires moksham) is moksham and this makes me very happy. " His expression of happiness was so intense as if he saw Bhagavan himself or Devi herself and His eyes were filled with tears.

Let us say the Amritha manthram:

Asatho Ma Sat Gamaya.

Tamaso Ma Jyothir Gamaya.

Mrityor Ma Amritham Gamaya

Regards and prayers

Savitri