IndiaDivine.org

Bhakthy and love

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste

a mail as i recieved

rajya laxmi" <rajyalaxmi11

Vidur's wife Sulabha was a chaste woman of supreme order with high degree of devotion and abdication. When Lord Krishna visited Hastinapur as an emissary of Pandavas, he had not accepted Duryodhana's request to stay in his palace but instead he chose to stay at Vidur's home and accepted a simple meal there. When Lord Krishna reached Vidur's home, Sulabha was

taking her bath. So staying put at the door, Lord Krishna called out. Vidur was not at home then. Because of having a paucity of clothes, she was bathing completely naked. Suddenly she heard the Lord call out:"Open the door. I am Krishna here. I am hungry." Hearing this call, Sulabha forgot her condition and like a mad woman ran and opened the door. God too understood her love and induced her in trance like condition and covered her whole body. Thereafter Sulabha held Lord's hand and brought him inside. She remembered only one thing:"I am Krishna; I am hungry". All her thoughts were focused on one thing- what to offer the Lord for food? SRI BHAGWAN IS AT HER DOOR AND HUNGRY. She offered bannans to Sri Bhagwan, she herself peeled the bananas but instead of offering the pulp, she gave the skin and threw away the pulp. Lord Krishna starves for love only! It is his promise also. PATRAM PUSHPAM PHALAMTOYAM YO MEBHAKTYA PRAYACHHATI |TADAHAM NHAKTYUPADHTAMSHNAM IPRAYATATMANAH ||(Geeta: (/26) Thus the Sri Bhagwan began to eat the banana skin relishing it. Both of them were sunk in affection- Sulabha in giving, while Lord Krishna sank in imbibing that love. They both were in a trance like condition. Meanwhile, Vidur too arrived. For sometime he stood amazed then seeing his wife behaving in an absurd way, he scoffed at her. Sulabha thus came around and began to feel sorry and ridiculed Krishna. CHHILAKA DINHE SYAMA KAHAN,BHULI TANA MANA- GYANA |KHAYE PAI KYON APNE,BHULI GAYE KYON BHAN || Sri Krishna laughed at that simple ridicule of Sulabha and said to Vidur:"Vidurji, you have come at the wrong moment. I was having extreme joy. I

have always been pining for such food that is filled with love. Thereafter Vidur himself began to feed Lord Krishna with banana pulp. Lord Krishna however complained, you have fed me banana pulp with such a lot of affection but I could not find in them the relishing taste that I got in the peel. Tears of love than began to flow from Sulabha's eyes. Gururbrahmaa gururvishnuh gururdevo Maheswarah | Guruh-saakshaat parabrahma tasmai shrigurave namah || Om, Rajyalaxmi>> sushmajee > Sat, 24 Jan 2009 20:58:35 +0000> Re: An amendment to the Mail> > Dear Sastry Ji> Om Namah Shivaaya> Again Vidur Jee coild not dare this incident - feeding Krishn with > banana peel; in fact it was his wife who fed Him peels. That is what > MBH serial shows.> With regards> Sushma> > >

--- "Dr.B.G.Y Sastry" > <drbgysastry@ ...> wrote:> >> > Dear friends and devotees,> > Bhakti is eternal.> > > > Re: Cosmic Story> > ---> > > > This is in reference to my message sent on 12.1.2009.> > The story was received by me from Sri Shirdi Sai Baba

Temple of > Austin. Since it highlights the Bhakti and devotion of Kunti to Lord > Krishna, I wanted to share with you all, without probing into the > incidents of the story. Subsequently my brother has pointed out the > lapses in the facts of the story.> > > > The fact remains that in the epic, it is Vidura who fed Lord > Krishna with the peels of bananas overwhelmingly out of devotion and > not Kunti.> > > > Further Kunti went along with the couple of Drutarashtra taking > Vanaprasta Ashram and she died along with them in the Davagni > (Fire in the Forest) that engulfed them in the forest and not as > mentioned in the last Para of the Story.> > > > Please therefore do not regard the incidents

in the story and > consider the value of Bhakti and devotion that Kunti had towards Lord > Krishna who was nothing but her nephew. > > This is issued to avoid sidetracking the original story in > Mahabharata. > > > > With love and regards,> > > > Sastry

with regards

dilip