IndiaDivine.org

Namasthe- Abhinava Ajamila 1

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear all,

This is a story of a person who imitated the old Brahmana, Ajamila, who was not a satwic person and still got salvation by uttering " narayana " in his death bed. According to the story of Ajamila in Bhagavatham, he was a pious brahmin. He married a pious woman and had children and led a very dhaarmic life taking care of his old parents, wife and children. A few years later, unfortunately he fell in the net of Maaya that showed up in the form of a " kulata " or prostitute and led a life filled with bad karmaas. His last son was named Narayana and he was very fond of this boy who was born to him in his old age. In his death bed when he saw the assistants of Yama, out of fear, he called his son " narayana " . Becasue of his past pious life, he had still some good vasanaas left in him. So he could utter Bhagavan's name at the end and Bhagavan's assistants came and saved him from the Yamadoothaas. So according to this story if we are able to utter Bhagavan's namam at the end of our life, then we are assured of moksham.Now the interesting story of misunderstanding a beautiful concept unfolds.

After hearing this story, a smart person, Abhinava Ajamila meaning the new age Ajamila, thought: " Why should I pray all my life in order to utter Bhgavan's namam at the last moment of life? I will ask my brother to remind me in my death bed to call my middle son, whose name is Narayana. So I can go to Vaikundham like Ajamila who lived half of his life with out remembering Bhagavan. Until I become old, I can enjoy all the material pleasures of the world with out wasting time to think of God. "

So he told his brother about his great plan and lived without ever thinking about all the blessings Bhagavan showered on Him. He was arrogant and unkind.

He had three sons. First one was named Kunchan, name of the second son was Narayana and the third one was known by the name Panchan. He became very old and was lying in his death bed like Ajamila. He had never done anything good in this life. So all his vaasanaas were bad. His younger brother brought his son Narayana near him and asked him to call this son by the name Narayana. He looked at his son and instead of calling him, he asked: " Oh, you are Kunchan's brother. Hai Kunchan's younger brother (Kunchan's aniyaa, in Malayalam), can you give me some water? "

Again, one more time Abhinana Ajamila was asked to call his second son by the name Narayana. He opened his eyes and looked at Narayana and said: " son, Hai Panchan's elder brother, I am still thirsty. Can you give me some water? " Again his brother told him one more time to call his middle son and this time he was very angry and and irritated and said: " I am asking for water again and again. Are you dumb or stupid? " With those words, he breathed his last. His great plan of uttering God' name at the end was a complete flop! Why?

We will explore it tomorrow.

Sreekrishnaarpanamasthu

Regards an dprayers

savitri

om namo bhagavathe vasudevaya

reapected savithri amma,

my ananthakodi namaskarams,

abhinava ajamila is very nice.There are people still with us now.Some may think that this is not the age for going in the spiritual line, thinking about god, namasangeerthanam etc.,these things are only after retirement.Poor people they don't know hoe they will at that time.only guruvayurappan knows.Some of our people keep the name for their child in bhagavan or devi nama but they call them with pet name have no meaning at all.It shows that they don't know the real meaning of keeping bhagavan nama for the children.guruvayur , Savitri Puram <savitriopuram wrote:>> Dear all,> > This is a story of a person who imitated the old Brahmana, Ajamila, who was> not a satwic person and still got salvation by uttering "narayana" in his> death bed. According to the story of Ajamila in Bhagavatham, he was a pious> brahmin. He married a pious woman and had children and led a very dhaarmic> life taking care of his old parents, wife and children. A few years later,> unfortunately he fell in the net of Maaya that showed up in the form of a> "kulata" or prostitute and led a life filled with bad karmaas. His last son> was named Narayana and he was very fond of this boy who was born to him in> his old age. In his death bed when he saw the assistants of Yama, out of> fear, he called his son "narayana". Becasue of his past pious life, he had> still some good vasanaas left in him. So he could utter Bhagavan's name at> the end and Bhagavan's assistants came and saved him from the Yamadoothaas.> So according to this story if we are able to utter Bhagavan's namam at the> end of our life, then we are assured of moksham.Now the interesting story of> misunderstanding a beautiful concept unfolds.> > After hearing this story, a smart person, Abhinava Ajamila meaning the new> age Ajamila, thought: "Why should I pray all my life in order to utter> Bhgavan's namam at the last moment of life? I will ask my brother to remind> me in my death bed to call my middle son, whose name is Narayana. So I can> go to Vaikundham like Ajamila who lived half of his life with out> remembering Bhagavan. Until I become old, I can enjoy all the material> pleasures of the world *with out wasting time* to think of God."> > So he told his brother about his great plan and lived without ever thinking> about all the blessings Bhagavan showered on Him. He was arrogant and> unkind.> > He had three sons. First one was named Kunchan, name of the second son was> Narayana and the third one was known by the name Panchan. He became very old> and was lying in his death bed like Ajamila. He had never done anything good> in this life. So all his vaasanaas were bad. His younger brother brought his> son Narayana near him and asked him to call this son by the name Narayana.> He looked at his son and instead of calling him, he asked: "Oh, you are> Kunchan's brother. Hai Kunchan's younger brother (Kunchan's aniyaa, in> Malayalam), can you give me some water?"> > Again, one more time Abhinana Ajamila was asked to call his second son by> the name Narayana. He opened his eyes and looked at Narayana and said: "> son, Hai Panchan's elder brother, I am still thirsty. Can you give me some> water? " Again his brother told him one more time to call his middle son and> this time he was very angry and and irritated and said: "I am asking for> water again and again. Are you dumb or stupid?" With those words, he> breathed his last. His great plan of uttering God' name at the end was a> complete flop! Why?> > We will explore it tomorrow.> > Sreekrishnaarpanamasthu> > Regards an dprayers> > savitri>