Rate this topic

Guest guest

HARI AUM

Here is it Seemaji.

Regards

Balagopal

NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

Mandavya’s rule

The great sage Mandavya was sitting in a corner, meditating. One day there was a theft in the treasury of the king. The priests and the army started searching for the culprit, and the thieves who took the treasure ran helter-skelter. Finally they became afraid of being caught so they threw away the stolen treasure, and it happened to land near the sage who was meditating. The army found it and concluded that the sage was the thief. They dragged him away and brought him before the king. The king said, “Impale him, immediately.†In those days the king was the only judge, and he could pass any sentence. They impaled the sage on a spear.

Mandavya was hanging there, but because of the great power of his meditation he did not die. Finally his soul went to Yama, and he asked Yama, “For what wrong action of mine have you punished me with impalement? To my knowledge, I have never done any wrong action in my life. How has this kind of punishment been meted out to me? You have made some mistake!â€

Yama replied, “You cannot recollect. When you were a child, you took a little broomstick and pierced a fly. Therefore, you have been pierced.†“When did I do it?†asked the sage. “You were about eleven years old.†“Oh! You are punishing me for having done something without the knowledge that it was wrong. I was an innocent child. I did not know anything.â€

“Innocent or not innocent, the law acts!â€

Then, it is said, Mandavya furiously cursed the law and changed it so that in future, from that day onwards, no punishment would be meted out to anybody for a mistake that was committed before the age of fourteen years. This is Mandavya’s rule. Today there are judges to decide these cases. Anyway, the law of karma is very intricate - gahana karmano gatih (4.17).

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.

Thanks very much Balagopalji. Very interesting.

Jai Sree Krishna--- On Tue, 1/27/09, balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal wrote:

balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpalRe: [Guruvayur] Mandavaya's Thanks Seemajiguruvayur Date: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 6:18 AM

HARI AUM

Here is it Seemaji.

Regards

Balagopal

NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

Mandavya’s rule

The great sage Mandavya was sitting in a corner, meditating. One day there was a theft in the treasury of the king. The priests and the army started searching for the culprit, and the thieves who took the treasure ran helter-skelter. Finally they became afraid of being caught so they threw away the stolen treasure, and it happened to land near the sage who was meditating. The army found it and concluded that the sage was the thief. They dragged him away and brought him before the king. The king said, “Impale him, immediately.” In those days the king was the only judge, and he could pass any sentence. They impaled the sage on a spear.

Mandavya was hanging there, but because of the great power of his meditation he did not die. Finally his soul went to Yama, and he asked Yama, “For what wrong action of mine have you punished me with impalement? To my knowledge, I have never done any wrong action in my life. How has this kind of punishment been meted out to me? You have made some mistake!”

Yama replied, “You cannot recollect. When you were a child, you took a little broomstick and pierced a fly. Therefore, you have been pierced.” “When did I do it?” asked the sage. “You were about eleven years old.” “Oh! You are punishing me for having done something without the knowledge that it was wrong. I was an innocent child. I did not know anything.”

“Innocent or not innocent, the law acts!”

Then, it is said, Mandavya furiously cursed the law and changed it so that in future, from that day onwards, no punishment would be meted out to anybody for a mistake that was committed before the age of fourteen years. This is Mandavya’s rule. Today there are judges to decide these cases. Anyway, the law of karma is very intricate - gahana karmano gatih (4.17).

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.