IndiaDivine.org

na me bhakthaH praNaSyathi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This line must be understood according to the context in whcih it is said. Krishna says in the 9th chapter of the Gita,.'api chEth sudhurAchArO bajathE mAmananyabhAk, sAdhurEva sa manthavyah.' (BG.9-2-30)

Even if a person is most sinful. if he worships the Lord with undivided devotion he is to be counted among the good.The devotion absolves him from all the sins. But he should be sincere and wish to redeem himself, which is denoted by ananyabhAk, with no other thought than the love of the Lord, which naturally destroys all sinful impressions from his mind. The words 'na me bhakthaH praNaSyathi occurs in the next sloka

'Kshipram bhavathi dharmAthmA SaSvath shanthim nigacchathi

kounthEya prathijAneehi na mE n bhakthah praNaSyathi..' (BG.9-31)

Quickly he becomes righteous and obtain everlasting peace. There were examples of this in the epics and puranas like Valmiki and Bilvamangala, otherwise known as Leelasuka and even Purandharadhasa., all of whom changed from men of worldly desires to great bhakthas in a matter of moments.Therefore Krishna gives a guarantee in the second line of the sloka that His devotees will never perish.

To attain the Lord devotion is the only qualification irrespetive of caste creed or sex., Sabari, Guha, ThiruppANazvar, and so many like them are examples of this.

HARI AUM

Very true. Unadulterated devotion is the key. The word 'na me bhakthaH ' is highlighted. The 'INTENSITY, DEPTH, SINGLEMINDED FOCUS AND CONVICTION' in such a situation even the length of time becomes immaterial. The word 'KSIPRAM' as you rightly said is points to that.

Thanks for the exposition Sarojaji.

Regards

Balagopal

NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.