IndiaDivine.org

Namasthe- Bhakthi and vibhakthi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear all,

Once there lived a Parama bhaktha or great devotee who found happiness in spreading the glories of Lord. Every late afternoon he will come to the big Banyan tree near the village temple and tell stories of God and His great devotees. His discourses were filled with pure bhakthi and were attended by lot of people. Even though he was not a great scholar, Bhagavan's blessings made his talks very interesting and inspiring.

One day a great scholar came to that village and happened to attend the discourse. He was surprised to see the number of people attending the discourse and how well they were enjoying his talks with utmost respect and bhakthi. This Pandit was proud of his vast knowledge and was wondering how this uneducated Bhaktha was sitting and enjoying a higher position than himself. He was jealous of the respect this bhaktha earned. He murmured sitting in front of the Bhaktha and Bhaktha read his mind and started telling a story indirectly answering this Pandit's question.

He asked all the audience to look in to the lamp burning in front of them. They all saw the brass lamp filled with oil. But the bhaktha showed them how a little water was there in the lamp below the oil. (It came from the light rain they had a few minutes before). He asked them to notice how the oil was floating on top of the water. Bhaktha then told them about a conversation between the water and oil present in the lamp.

Water said to oil - " I am much purer than you and how is that you are floating on top of me? I am the theertham of all the punyanadis or sacred rivers. Don't you know that devotees invoke my pure presence by saying

Gange cha Ymune cha eva Godavari Saraswathi

Narmade Sindhu Kaveri Jalesmin sannidhim kuru.

With my purity, I should be in a higher position and I should be floating on top of you. "

Oil replied in a slow and soft tone: " Dear water, I or we have gone through a lot in our life. We were subjected to lot of tests of nature and suffered a great deal to get here. We were just seeds to start with. We were planted and slowly we became trees and started producing hundreds of seeds. Owners collected all the seeds including me and then I was shelled along with my siblings, sent to an oil mill and was crushed between heavy stones until I and my siblings came out as liquid oil. Then we were filtered and they moved even the last bit of our body parts. Hae water, after going through all those hardships, now we are burning ourselves in front of God radiating heat and light around us. Now tell me whether it is alright for us to float on top of you? Please understand that I am not doing the floating myself, It is God who makes me float. He saw what we went through and He is impartial. He wants us to burn and merge in Him, never to be reborn as a seed. "

This vane Pandit understood the meaning of the parable told by the Bhaktha and he fell at his feet and apologized for his negative thoughts. He remembered Bhagavan's words to Melpatthoor to cut the wings of his scholastic pride: " Melpatthoor, I like Bhakthi of Poonthaanam than your Vibhakthi. " (I think it is appropriate to say Mahakavi Vallatthol's words because I still believe it was Vallatthol's imagination and such a devotee like Melpatthoor would have never hurt Poonthaanam's feelings. Anyway, that is irrelevant here to bring the point I want to bring)

Sreekrishnaarpanamasthu

Regards and prayers

savitri

• 3 months later...
Guest guest

Pranamam to All,

Two days before i had asked one doubt to the group members about "Bhakthi & Vibhakthi". Now I am very much happy to inform you that i got the replay from our Savithriji's old posting.

I have a request to our Group members that if you are getting any doubt you just see our old postings also. Definitely, you will get the answer.

Savitriji Ma..thank you so much for your story--Bhakthi and Vibhakthi

With Prayers,

Jayasankar vattekkat

--- On Sat, 31/1/09, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram wrote:

Savitri Puram <savitriopuram[Guruvayur] Namasthe- Bhakthi and vibhakthiSaturday, 31 January, 2009, 4:54 PM

Dear all,

Once there lived a Parama bhaktha or great devotee who found happiness in spreading the glories of Lord. Every late afternoon he will come to the big Banyan tree near the village temple and tell stories of God and His great devotees. His discourses were filled with pure bhakthi and were attended by lot of people. Even though he was not a great scholar, Bhagavan's blessings made his talks very interesting and inspiring.

One day a great scholar came to that village and happened to attend the discourse. He was surprised to see the number of people attending the discourse and how well they were enjoying his talks with utmost respect and bhakthi. This Pandit was proud of his vast knowledge and was wondering how this uneducated Bhaktha was sitting and enjoying a higher position than himself. He was jealous of the respect this bhaktha earned. He murmured sitting in front of the Bhaktha and Bhaktha read his mind and started telling a story indirectly answering this Pandit's question.

He asked all the audience to look in to the lamp burning in front of them. They all saw the brass lamp filled with oil. But the bhaktha showed them how a little water was there in the lamp below the oil. (It came from the light rain they had a few minutes before). He asked them to notice how the oil was floating on top of the water. Bhaktha then told them about a conversation between the water and oil present in the lamp.

Water said to oil - "I am much purer than you and how is that you are floating on top of me? I am the theertham of all the punyanadis or sacred rivers. Don't you know that devotees invoke my pure presence by saying

Gange cha Ymune cha eva Godavari Saraswathi

Narmade Sindhu Kaveri Jalesmin sannidhim kuru.

With my purity, I should be in a higher position and I should be floating on top of you."

Oil replied in a slow and soft tone: "Dear water, I or we have gone through a lot in our life. We were subjected to lot of tests of nature and suffered a great deal to get here. We were just seeds to start with. We were planted and slowly we became trees and started producing hundreds of seeds. Owners collected all the seeds including me and then I was shelled along with my siblings, sent to an oil mill and was crushed between heavy stones until I and my siblings came out as liquid oil. Then we were filtered and they moved even the last bit of our body parts. Hae water, after going through all those hardships, now we are burning ourselves in front of God radiating heat and light around us. Now tell me whether it is alright for us to float on top of you? Please understand that I am not doing the floating myself, It is God who makes me float. He saw what we went through and He is impartial.

He wants us to burn and merge in Him, never to be reborn as a seed."

This vane Pandit understood the meaning of the parable told by the Bhaktha and he fell at his feet and apologized for his negative thoughts. He remembered Bhagavan's words to Melpatthoor to cut the wings of his scholastic pride: " Melpatthoor, I like Bhakthi of Poonthaanam than your Vibhakthi." (I think it is appropriate to say Mahakavi Vallatthol's words because I still believe it was Vallatthol's imagination and such a devotee like Melpatthoor would have never hurt Poonthaanam's feelings. Anyway, that is irrelevant here to bring the point I want to bring)

Sreekrishnaarpanama sthu

Regards and prayers

savitri

Explore and discover exciting holidays and getaways with India Travel Click here!