IndiaDivine.org

Don't try to imitate!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!Immediately we cannot be first-class devotee. We cannot imitate Haridasa

Thakura. That is not possible. But minimum.

Sankhya-purvaka-nama-gana-natibhih. We have to practice. Certain numerical

strength we must maintain. And we have made it, therefore... Some of our

so-called devotees, they criticize me that I have limited only sixteen

rounds. No, why sixteen rounds? You can make three hundred rounds, but

minimum, minimum sixteen rounds, because we are not accustomed to devote

much time. We must be busy always. But to sit down in one place and chant

Hare Krsna mantra continuously, that is not possible for any conditioned

soul -- unless he is liberated. So don't try to imitate. My Guru Maharaja

has strictly forbidden, "Don't try to imitate big personalities like

Haridasa Thakura, Rupa Gosvami." He used to say, rupa gosvami ke mogha

vancha (?). Rupa Gosvami, because he used to put on a loin cloth... Tyaktva

turnam asesa-mandala-pati-srenim sada tucchavat bhutva dina-ganesakau

karunaya kaupina-kantha... So it is no use imitating Rupa Gosvami, to

imitate the dress, and then, as soon as there is opportunity, smoke bidi.

(laughter) Don't do this nonsense. This is no use, imitation. Anusarana, not

anukarana. Anukarana is dangerous. Anusarana. Sadhu-marganugamanam. This is

bhakti. We shall try to follow the footsteps of big, big devotees, sadhus.

We cannot... We shall try to follow. Don't try to imitate. That is very

dangerous.

>>> Ref. VedaBase => Srimad-Bhagavatam 7.9.5 -- Mayapur, February

25, 1977

Please Chant Hare Krishna Maha_Mantra N B Happywww.asitis.com www.srimadbhagavatam.com www.krishna.com

-----------------------

Hare Krishna !I agree 100%. One has to be satisfied with one's faith and the way one practices it. God has no limit and HE does not put any importance in how many rounds you do or how many sanscrit slokas you recite for him. That is my beleif. Complete faith or ananya bhakti and selfless devotion is most important.Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya !--- On Mon, 2/2/09, vinod krishna <vinod_krishna23 wrote:vinod krishna <vinod_krishna23[Guruvayur] Don't try to imitate!"krishna" <guruvayur >Monday, February 2, 2009, 12:19 PM

Hare Krishna!Immediately we cannot be first-class devotee. We cannot imitate HaridasaThakura. That is not possible. But minimum.Sankhya-purvaka- nama-gana- natibhih. We have to practice. Certain numericalstrength we must maintain. And we have made it, therefore... Some of ourso-called devotees, they criticize me that I have limited only sixteenrounds. No, why sixteen rounds? You can make three hundred rounds, butminimum, minimum sixteen rounds, because we are not accustomed to devotemuch time. We must be busy always. But to sit down in one place and chantHare Krsna mantra continuously, that is not possible for any conditionedsoul -- unless he is liberated. So don't try to imitate. My Guru Maharajahas strictly forbidden, "Don't try to imitate big personalities likeHaridasa Thakura, Rupa Gosvami." He used to

say, rupa gosvami ke moghavancha (?). Rupa Gosvami, because he used to put on a loin cloth... Tyaktvaturnam asesa-mandala- pati-srenim sada tucchavat bhutva dina-ganesakaukarunaya kaupina-kantha. .. So it is no use imitating Rupa Gosvami, toimitate the dress, and then, as soon as there is opportunity, smoke bidi.(laughter) Don't do this nonsense. This is no use, imitation. Anusarana, notanukarana. Anukarana is dangerous. Anusarana. Sadhu-marganugamana m. This isbhakti. We shall try to follow the footsteps of big, big devotees, sadhus.We cannot... We shall try to follow. Don't try to imitate. That is verydangerous.>>> Ref. VedaBase => Srimad-Bhagavatam 7.9.5 -- Mayapur, February25, 1977Please Chant Hare Krishna Maha_Mantra N B Happywww.asitis.com www.srimadbhagavata m.com www.krishna. com------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------