IndiaDivine.org

Mundan ceremony for boy baby

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste all,The Mundan ceremony can be done in the 1st year, 3rd year or 5th year for boy baby but it is normally done before the completion of three years.

Why not for 2nd year, could you please drop me the reason?Pranams,PremHinduismnet.com

Hari om pls let me know what is that ceremonyShanthi--- On Tue, 10/2/09, prem <bpremkumar wrote:prem <bpremkumar[Guruvayur] Mundan ceremony for boy babyguruvayur Date: Tuesday, 10 February, 2009, 12:40 PM

Namaste all,The Mundan ceremony can be done in the 1st year, 3rd year or 5th year for boy baby but it is normally done before the completion of three years.

Why not for 2nd year, could you please drop me the reason?Pranams,PremHinduismnet. com

Connect with friends all over the world. Get India Messenger.

Mundan or hair shaving ceremony. Usually done in Palani, Tirupati etc.Regards,Prem--- On Tue, 2/10/09, Shanthi <saanthipapli wrote:Shanthi <saanthipapliRe: [Guruvayur] Mundan ceremony for boy babyguruvayur Date: Tuesday, February 10, 2009, 7:36 PM

Hari om pls let me know what is that ceremonyShanthi--- On Tue, 10/2/09, prem <bpremkumar wrote:prem <bpremkumar[Guruvayur] Mundan ceremony for boy babyguruvayur Date: Tuesday, 10 February, 2009, 12:40 PM

Why not for 2nd year, could you please drop me the reason?Pranams,PremHinduismnet. com

Connect with friends all over the world. Get India Messenger.

guruvayur , prem <bpremkumar wrote:

>

> Mundan or hair shaving ceremony. Usually done in Palani, Tirupati

etc.

>

> Regards,

> Prem

>

> Hari om

> pls let me know what is that ceremony

>

> Shanthi

> Namaste all,

>

> The Mundan ceremony can be done in the 1st year, 3rd year or 5th

year for boy baby but it is normally done before the completion of

three years.

>

>

> Why not for 2nd year, could you please drop me the reason?

>

> Pranams,

> Prem

>

> Hinduismnet. com

Hari Om! Pranaams!

The cUdAkaraNa karma which falls as ninth next to annaprAshana karma

in the list of sixteen samskArAs, is the samskAra whereby the hair

that grows in the child's head during intra-uterine life is removed.

'cUdAkarma kula ucitam' says vyAsa smrti and where kula-paramparA-

anushthAna is not known the age of 3 is recommended in AcAra-samhita

of kailash Ashrama. Pundits suggest shukla-pakSha in uttarAyana kAla.

In Shri Guru Smriti,

Br. Pranipata Chaitanya

Thank you for your kind reply...Pranams,Prem--- On Sun, 2/15/09, pranipatachaitanya <pranipatachaitanya wrote:pranipatachaitanya <pranipatachaitanya[Guruvayur] Re: Mundan ceremony for boy babyguruvayur Date: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 5:45 AMguruvayur , prem <bpremkumar wrote:>> Mundan or hair shaving ceremony. Usually done in Palani, Tirupati etc.> > Regards,> Prem> > Hari om > pls let me know what is that ceremony> > Shanthi> Namaste all,> > The Mundan ceremony can be done in the 1st year, 3rd

year or 5th year for boy baby but it is normally done before the completion of three years.> > > Why not for 2nd year, could you please drop me the reason?> > Pranams,> Prem> > Hinduismnet. comHari Om! Pranaams!The cUdAkaraNa karma which falls as ninth next to annaprAshana karma in the list of sixteen samskArAs, is the samskAra whereby the hair that grows in the child's head during intra-uterine life is removed. 'cUdAkarma kula ucitam' says vyAsa smrti and where kula-paramparA-anushthAna is not known the age of 3 is recommended in AcAra-samhita of kailash Ashrama. Pundits suggest shukla-pakSha in uttarAyana kAla.In Shri Guru Smriti,Br. Pranipata Chaitanya ---Om Namo Narayanaya: